Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Unfortunately the augmented Gridarvor tramples all over the updated Claustrum's Pet Accuracy.

That said, going to the main topic at hand 10.000 isn't too much, it's a fine number and for a while SE's created a very reliable source of income for the many people who're willing to work for it.
    My beef, like many other's, is with how they handled the Mythic/Ergon weapons, which are now in many cases the worst choice out of the bunch. Heck, I don't even need to bother upgrading Nirvana (yet).
    (2)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    When they take away the additional drop slot from the High Tier Battlefields I think we're all gonna get a little salty.
    (7)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Unfortunately the augmented Gridarvor tramples all over the updated Claustrum's Pet Accuracy.
    It has more pet bonuses, but that's all it has. No accuracy for self, no aftermath (15 refresh and -20% damage taken > -5 perp) no dispel, no occasional damage multiplier, no relic weaponskill. Although it's not *100%* everything I hoped for as a Claustrum owner, it is certainly a massive improvment over the base 119 weapon (which you better believe I was bummed about, considering the thing was probably better at level 75 than it became at the original 119 version).

There's no point in getting a relic and not using the weapon skill. And when you do, the relic tramples all over Girdarvor. Remember, the relics are all wholly designed as weapons to be used, even the staff. And while that doesn't appeal to some, if you're going to swing it, you're far better off with the relic than the weapon you named. It's OK though, I'm used to the hate I've gotten over the years for even thinking of making one (I started it back when ppl actually did dynamis with 40-60 people....)

And if you're not the type of SMN to ever use your weapon, there's probably better options than the Girdarvor (although the GIrdarvor requires substantially less work than upgrading a RME)

Having gotten sidetracked with that.... I'm reeeeallly wishing I didn't sell off most of my plutons/boulders/bietetsus a while back.

(I merited staff skill, 5/5 Shattersoul.... etc)
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-11-2016 at 06:34 PM.

4. 02-11-2016 08:55 PM

Yeah 10,000 is way too much just to get these weapons to be relevant again. R/M/E should be the best because of the effort involved and not outclassed by something that takes almost zero effort to get.

So after 170,000 or so coins, horribly tedious weapon skill trials, the once expensive and hard to get marrows, I need 10K stones...Its just too much, and that is the easiest of the R/M/E grind.

So regardless of this new hurdle I of coarse went and did a bunch of HTMB's on D, and the rate of stones dropping just did not seem enough even with the event for me to even think I have a shot at upgrading my 3 relics and 1 mythic in a reasonable amount of time.
    (1)

I do feel really bad for the people who have more than 1. This trial alone has stopped me from ever considering more than 1. 10,000 I can begrudgingly grind out over a long period of time... 20,000? 30,000? 50,000? I can't even imagine.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I do feel really bad for the people who have more than 1. This trial alone has stopped me from ever considering more than 1. 10,000 I can begrudgingly grind out over a long period of time... 20,000? 30,000? 50,000? I can't even imagine.
    Dunno, people that had the patience making that many weapons can probably muster the same for this trial.
    If not, they'll probably just go for their most loved weapon(s).

Personally, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. As it stands, Nirvana's "upgrade" has left me quite disappointed. Spharai's update looks nice, but the last time my Monk was used for anything has also been over a year ago and it has been left in gear Limbo ever since.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 02-12-2016 at 04:30 AM.

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    i'm glade the upgrade to mandau was so crap, saves me from having to do this rubbish, i'll just make some gil selling them for now and do the upgrade in a year or so
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    What's the best way to grind Plutons right now?
    To be fair, I should have clarified my original post. A good portion of that 600 (maybe about 400 of it?) was Plutons that I had accumulated and held onto for whatever reason. However, the remainder of that (200 or so) was from doing Tenzen on Very Difficult. Though some of the group are there to farm rocks to sell, there's another guy in the group who is upgrading his Kenkonken. He and I do 1:1 trade for the rocks we need. Others in the group that have extras do the same with us. We give them Riftborn Boulders for their Pluton or Beitetsu.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Dunno, people that had the patience making that many weapons can probably muster the same for this trial.
    If not, they'll probably just go for their most loved weapon(s).

Personally, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. As it stands, Nirvana's "upgrade" has left me quite disappointed. Spharai's update looks nice, but the last time my Monk was used for anything has also been over a year ago and it has been left in gear Limbo ever since.
    Ive made 4 relics, 2 for myself, 2 for my brother. I have patience and am no stranger to the grind (been here since Beta lol)... but 40,000 Plutons? No thank you Samuel!

Luckily one of my relics is a shield so I lucked out which is why as I previously mentioned I only need 10,000. I mean, over a long period of time, I could do 40,000 Plutons, but at that point I'd honestly just farm ADL lol and be done with it.
    (0)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I think SE is going to have to add case/boxes to more content, not because we need a more plentiful supply, but to prevent people from burning out
    on the cycle of merit->htBC spam happening right now.
    I don't mind the grind too much and like teaming up with people to do this, I just think we need a healthy amount of variety in existing game content that will let us get these 10k pieces.

Everything else to do in the game has pretty much taken a back seat to 'omg must farm beit/pluton/riftborn rocks' ,and the limited time campaign with the extra drop slot further reinforces farming tunnel vision for the time being.

I'm going super aggressively right now on my 1st afterglow and also spending gil to supplement my acquisition speed ( 4k/10k ),
    but i'm probably going to seriously chill out on farming so crazy after the 1st one is done.

I think it would be fair if it takes a diligent soloist to do the afterglow stage in a couple months by a combination of farming dyna/salvage/vw/bc/escha content every single day.
    If people want to outright buy their way to completion, I think its a safe bet to say its going to cost in excess of 100m for the foreseeable future unless they make boxes rain from the sky.
    (4)
    Last edited by Sapphires; 02-13-2016 at 12:51 AM.
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast