Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Doesn't mean they didn't exist. They should have kept the two paths separate, this current one only screws over previous AG users (which are in the vast minority so nobody cares about them sadly.)
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladynamine View Post
    Any FFXI player that's played this game for years should know that if you want the best out of a relic, mythic, or empyrean weapon that you have to earn it. The people who took the time to afterglow these weapons beforehand by previous methods had to work hard for theirs either by farming the 5 + 250 marrows, 3 + 150 scoria, or 6 + 60 Riftdross/Riftcinders, all at which at the time were not so easy to get unless you had a huge pocketbook of gil at that time. Square-Enix wasn't going to simply just give people a hand out on Afterglow weapons. In fact, it could have been worse. It could have been 2,500 umbral marrows, 1,500 mulibar's scoria, or 600 riftdross/riftcinders needed.
    Just to correct you, it costs 60 Roiftdross/cinders to get to 99 and 3000 to get the afterglow so....it is worse.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    I honestly don't think I'd ever seen someone with afterglow before this.
    There are a few. I've seen one before on shiva.
    (0)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydal View Post
    Just to correct you, it costs 60 Roiftdross/cinders to get to 99 and 3000 to get the afterglow so....it is worse.
    Thanks for the correction. Just now saw the mistake in the post. 3,000 is indeed alot worse on just the 99-2 path alone.
    (0)

Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Here's another annoyance: Once you start it, you're locked in. I wish I had known that before i started working on my Verethragna. I can't augment any of my JSE gear until I get another 9400 boulders.It'd be nice if you could do so, perhaps with another stone you're not using on your R/E/M.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Such a task as this should have been put on its own NPC if the NPC isn't allowed to talk about anything else while you're on it. =\
    (1)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Such a task as this should have been put on its own NPC if the NPC isn't allowed to talk about anything else while you're on it. =\
    They ran out of ideas with the current staff they have. Give em a break, they re-used plutons/boulders/beits for a second time, and they re-used oboro. They clearly didn't have the five extra minutes it would've taken to make a second NPC next to Oboro.
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    You can retrieve or augment the JSE weapons while doing the REM upgrade, I got a new JSE weapon and augmented it last week, while my mythic is still being worked on.

But, you may not be able to use the same stone which is used to upgrade your REM
    (2)
    Last edited by Stuzey; 03-26-2016 at 12:14 AM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I'll admit I was skeptical, because I tried everything to try and get him to accept my Aettir to upgrade while working on my Ryuno in the past, but I just went back to try again, and lo and behold it worked. Here's what I did:

1) Talk to Oboro. Since he has my Ryunohige, his options were "Ask what the deal is" and "Nothing." If you select "Nothing", then he'll mention that he wouldn't be averse to augmenting other pieces of equipment at the same time.
    2) Talk to him and you'll see the list of JSE weapons, just as if you were trying to get him to make one. Go down to "About the weapons" and he'll explain that he will pause working on your RME to work on this weapon, though he won't return materials. This made me nervous, but it doesn't actually halt the RME process, so it's fine.
    3) Trade him your JSE weapon and a stone of your type (Boulders, Beitetsu, Plutons) and he'll accept it and mezzotint your weapon (i.e. prime it for augments) so that you can use that stone with the weapon.
    4) Trade him the JSE weapon and however many stones, and it'll get augmented.

And I made sure it didn't mess with the RME process, because I traded a bunch of Beitetsu afterwards and it was immediately put towards my Ryuno, with the same count as before. So yay, we can do JSE and RME together.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Well I came back again due to free week and its still 10000 plutons with no good way to get these. I had 47m gil on my character that isn't enough to buy them all. I could solo those ark angel fights but getting merits points to fight that takes a long time and the drop rate seemed about 1 in 10. Since they added new merits I should spend the merit points on those and nobody does stuff like abyssea anymore so getting merits is one huge pain now.

It would be cool to finish the relic as one last hurrah but nothing has changed these are still very hard to get.
    (0)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast