Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

[dev1301] Reforged Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, and Ergon Weapons Complaining Thread

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the way mythic and ergon weapons were handled. Relic and Empyrean weapons got improved aftermaths, improved attributes, and got a much larger boost to their base damage. When it was originally announced Burtgang was shown to have 175 base damage, but as of the update it has 165. Excalibur's and Almace's base damage are actually 1 higher than the preview with the Dex on Almace going from 40 to 50.

I would like to see similar benefits for Mythic and Ergon weapons. Improved base damage similar to the amount Relic and Empyrean received, as well as improvements to their special qualities. Also Ergon weapons should get afterglow as well since they have to get 10k beitetsu as well.
    (2)

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    All mage weapons got a boost to macc and mab. Claustrum got a big shot of pet accuracy... nirvana got nothing.
    (2)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Few things I want to bring up:

-Ergon weapons really should have an afterglow. If it was only visual I wouldn't mind but the fact that there's no beneficial AoE buff is something that probably deserves an adjustment.
    -I've not confirmed this myself but if Oboro can only store one weapon's progress at a time that's a pretty big oversight. That means you couldn't upgrade an Oboro weapon if he is already holding your RME.
    -I think it's great that Empyrean weapons got a shot in the arm but upgrading them from 90 to 99 with heavy metal plates and rift- items is still too difficult. I didn't have as much of an issue before because there wasn't much of a reason to upgrade them since they were significantly weaker than their Mythic counterparts. However, now that they are desirable the demand should increase significantly. I'm hopeful that SE adjusts... something.
    (2)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree they definitely need to adjust something, but as it stands now, Empyreans are actually cheaper to buy outright than Mythics are (on average on my server).

Alexanderite (buying all 30,000, not farming ANY) is 210 million~
    Plus ALL the legwork you have to do
    VS.

HMP (buying all 1,500) is about 105 million~
    Rift item (buying all 60) is about 72 million~
    Totaling 177 million~

(At these costs you can make 4-5 relics lololol)

Now the biggest difference is that HMP and Rift items is much harder to farm in bulk and in turn are far less seen floating around on sale, since most people that have a lot on hand are probably saving them for their own weapons.

They should make HMP/Rift available to farm in other ways (Abyssea?) or making them drop more often/in greater quantities (maybe via proc) since it seems they don't want to lower the set costs. Maybe the update to REM will breathe new life into Voidwatch and HMP/Rift will be seen more. Probably not.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Those prices are pretty server dependent As an example, on my server the costs would be 180m for Mythics and 240m for Empyreans. Aside from that, Empyrean upgrade items are currently priced based on Empyreans not being worth the effort to upgrade. Now that there are some really worthy items, I'd expect that to change and for prices to increase sharply in the coming weeks and months. So yeah, something will have to be done and people are probably going to become more vocal about it.
    (1)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah, I guess if people that don't have 119 Empyreans REALLY want them, they will spam HMP and the price will skyrocket. We'll have to see what things look like after the inital hype. Thing will probably go back to business as usual since the update is more appealing to people that already have 119 REM and the rest of us are in the same position we were in pre-update (aka looking at the HMP/Rift cost and saying "Nah, I'll just make a Mythic instead").

I've seen many threads of people talking about HMP/Rift costs and they've been largely ignored. I would be be on the band wagon of SE fixing this issue. But on a side note, perhaps the Empyrean cost is so ridonkulous because 75-90 is such a breeze. Either way, I want my 119 Almace please. You can keep the rest.
    (2)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Also I bet that afterglow still conflicts with aftermath. They really should have changed that since they are basically making afterglow a requirement. They should also have it so afterglows stack so you can have a relic, mythic, and empyrean afterglow from party members while you have your own aftermath.
    (3)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Ergons have to do go thru all the work required for getting afterglow and don't get afterglow. Thanks SE
    (4)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Mythics and Ergons got screwed. There's no other way to put that. Compared to Relic and Empyrean they are actually worse off than they were before the update. Lower damage, lower DPS, no boost to aftermath, no boost to their job-specific abilities, no boost to their WS damage.

This is my unsubscribe point, apparently. I'm tired of this sort of stuff happening. For something that's supposed to be head and shoulders above the rest, mythics/ergons got screwed.
    (3)