Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If wearing TH gear does increase the chances of TH procing, it is not anything you would ever notice without parsing thousands of fights (IE something small like the 1% of the effects on them).

For the gear slots you are wasting to fulltime them, you would be giving up a lot more than 1% of your swings.

Sneak Attack and Trick Attack already have a significant enough increased chance to proc it without gimping oneself, in my oppinion. Speaking of which, some people SWEAR that Raider`s Armlets increase that chance even more. I haven't seen any testing to support this though.
    (0)

Character
    Sope
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    Speaking of which, some people SWEAR that Raider`s Armlets increase that chance even more. I haven't seen any testing to support this though.
    Since chance to apply TH increases as you do higher damage, couldn't the increased proc rate be attributed to the increased Sneak Attack damage, rather than some hidden effect of the gloves?
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by sope View Post
    Since chance to apply TH increases as you do higher damage, couldn't the increased proc rate be attributed to the increased Sneak Attack damage, rather than some hidden effect of the gloves?
    The % chance for TH to proc is not related to the damage of the hit.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    The % chance for TH to proc is not related to the damage of the hit.
    I haven't seen testing for either, but personally don't think much of this theory.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Don't know I'm afraid, it's somewhere in the junkpile that is BG. It was mentioned by some semi-reliable players, so I assumed it was true. I can say I didn't notice any difference personally either, but didn't conclude any kind of real testing, just from the times I was too lazy to switch out TH gear (like when fighting normal mobs for triggers). That's why I said it's not noticeable if there is a difference.
    Try again.

Edit: Missed a page. Whoops.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ryozen; 05-25-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Character
    Ericnuke
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Does anyone have a screenshot or can verify that once you proc TH7 w/hands, knife, feet then replace knife and hands that it procs to 8+. I have been telling thf friend of mine and since I said something neither of us has noticed it. I could have sworn i did it on carabosse once, but I may have not changed gear. I'm hoping that we can, because seems dull that we have to keep a lv.70 dagger and lv.75 hands on to get better drops. But to answer OP's question I prefer Triplus dagger over any other even twilight, once I got all af3 +2 The set effect is like having a relic and makes me think about the cake spatula might be decent no matter how ugly it looks.
    (0)
    Last edited by ericnuke; 06-01-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Player
    Idk about pics, but this is accepted because everyone can check this behavior (and it's easy to do so). The tricky thing is whether wearing TH+ gear while tping increases the odds of a boost happening. Ppl discussed this idea on this very thread. But it's not easy to answer this question, because it would need a very long and well controlled test.
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ericnuke View Post
    Does anyone have a screenshot or can verify that once you proc TH7 w/hands, knife, feet then replace knife and hands that it procs to 8+.
    Yes. And as Laphine mentioned is very easy to test for yourself. Land first hit with full, TH gear. Swap to DD gear. See the next proc go to the next highest level.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6