Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Not too sure for Thf but I know Byrth did math for Dnc on Twashtar and inside abyssea at least Rudra's wasn't worth using at all if it wasn't SA/TA'd/Force critical'd, so you wouldn't get the ODD aftermath.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Laphine View Post
    Hmm that is interesting, this discussion never caught my eye before. There was one named Mandau vs Twashtar, but i don't remember such clear aruguments. I need to check it out later.

edit: Well, couldn't find with a quick look. hehe

But it's reasonable anyway. Reasonable so long as we can't use rudras because i don't see Twashtar losing otherwise. It's a 30% damage boost vs a 5% one. Mandau's hidden effect would have to proc at 20% rate to reach the same performance (not counting its extra attack).
    could have sworn this:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/20...vs-twashtar/2/

Argument went more into detail. I guess I must be misreading something. I swear at one point is aw Gried arguing the math behind both.
    (0)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasandaro View Post
    TH =/= DPS. Apples and chicken egg comparison, that. Unless you're specifically farming fast mobs for a specific drop and you're trying to calculate Drops per Damage-over-Time. In which case, it depends on the mob's hp, the amount of TH gear, the item's native drop rate...
    More hits = More chances to proc. Has nothing to do with DPS.
    (0)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Player
    I guess this is it then. But yeah mandau provides more benefits in this evisceration age.

Oh and i just noticed a mistype that need fixing with your quote. It's not "a 30% damage boost vs a 5% one", i meant to say 30% proc vs 5% proc, which figures 30% damage boost for twash and 10% damage boost for mandau.

Neisan_Quetz could you provide a link for that? i'm quite a defender of solo rudras if a situation calls. It's very specific but it's there: you gotta have high pdif, high multi hit average and use rapidus sax as sub weapon. Anyway i've even done some math for it right here.
    (0)
    Last edited by Laphine; 04-10-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I didn't read any discussion on this, but from personal experience, Rudra's was an all around subpar WS, whereas Mercy Stroke excelled inside and outside of Abyssea. I've seen higher Mercy Stroke numbers in both cases, both with and without SA/TA. Highest Mercy Stroke I saw on Colibris was 2.8k (without SA/TA), if you discount the 25% bonus, that's still over 2.2k WS. I could barely beat that on WAR with 2hr up (highest Penta Thrust I did was 2hr'd 3.6k, 2.6k without 2hr, and that's both including the 25% bonus). Note that this was all at 75.

Recently we did some sea NMs with a Rudra's THF with pretty good gear, he only recently got his Twashtar 90, so he was testing a few WS builds and playing around. The results were less than impressive, I have it in my logs, I'll go through the parse soon to compare. Mercy Stroke on the other hand was putting out rather high numbers (and pretty consistent too).

Again, this is not math based and I have neither WS so can't try stuff myself, just from my experience I found Rudra's Storm not the least bit impressive, whereas Mercy Stroke often outdamaged a fully buffed Evisceration inside Abyssea.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    The difference between RS and MS isn't so high, but sure, MS(90) will always put out higher numbers in the end of things. This doesn't matter though, the dps gained with RS aftermath will always beat anything MS could offer. Considering SARS or SAMS are also better than SAEvis, which means stacking these ws is the better choice if the oportunity arises, we would only need to keep RS aftermath up about 33% of time(a bit more due mandau's attack boost and higher ws damage) and Twashtar's dps beats mandau's.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Laphine View Post
    The difference between RS and MS isn't so high, but sure, MS(90) will always put out higher numbers in the end of things. This doesn't matter though, the dps gained with RS aftermath will always beat anything MS could offer. Considering SARS or SAMS are also better than SAEvis, which means stacking these ws is the better choice if the oportunity arises, we would only need to keep RS aftermath up about 33% of time(a bit more due mandau's attack boost and higher ws damage) and Twashtar's dps beats mandau's.
    Should never be using Either of the two over Evisceration 99% of the time anyway of course :P Inside (A) anyway :O!

so, I dunno, In order to activate Twasht Aftermath, You have to use Rudras every what, 60 seconds? Now if you perfectly time it to where you always SA or TA Rudra's, That won't be as big of a deal, as a SA/TA'd Rudra's is nice.

However, If you're lowmanning/Solo-tanking like most THFs do these days, You don't get to use Rudras' to its fullest power, So every ~60(??) Seconds you use a gimped Rudras instead of Evisceration, You're taking damage away from your WS Phase in order to activate its Aftermath. Where as Mandau's effect is always active, Even though it has a little lower proc rate, and you can repeatedly use Evisceration.

Unfortunately Wiki is absolutely Worthless when it comes to Proc rate on Aftermath/Mandau. But you also have to take into account mandau occ.does Triple Damage, while Twasht Does only Double. I think the numbers would be closer than it sounds D:

Plus Mandau has the Attack+35 (by 99, Likely Attack +45) which is a good increase in THF's over-all DPS as well, Though not as significant as its other bonuses.

I'm in no way saying Mandau is superior, I'm only saying I think Mandau is the smarter choice, Especially considering SE has mentioned plans on making Relics return to their Superior standing. and since Mandau/Twashtar are so close, Mandau99 has a good chance it will Stomp Twasht99.

(again, Please stress right now I believe you're probably right, Since i cannot for the life of me find any information on Twast Aftermath Rate, or Mandau's Hidden effect rate...)
    (0)

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    Aftermath level 1 lasts for 30 seconds and has a ~30% proc rate. It overwrites itself, meaning you have to RS every 30s or left to maintain Aftermath level 1.
    (0)
    This is Sakurawr, not Raen D:

Quote Originally Posted by RaenRyong View Post
    Aftermath level 1 lasts for 30 seconds and has a ~30% proc rate. It overwrites itself, meaning you have to RS every 30s or left to maintain Aftermath level 1.
    Mmmm, That sounds pretty bad =X, I think that would severely hinder your WS-Damage phase right?
    (0)

Character
    Kasandaro
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    More hits = More chances to proc. Has nothing to do with DPS.
    Ah, see what you're asking. Honestly not sure. Like I said, I haven't seen conclusive parses that TH gear does anything besides set the initial bar. MKris build would be the way to test that, I guess.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast