Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hordecore View Post
    can i get +11 without relic hands?
    I believe you would be able too. However the Chances are incredibly Slim as it would require the Enemy to live a very long time, Or for you to get incredibly lucky with Treasure Hunter Upgrade procs.
    (0)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Has there been any testing done yet that show any relation to the rate of additional levels of Treasure Hunter and wearing Treasure Hunter gear?

IF Treasure Hunter gear does affect the frequency at which the effectiveness increases, would it offset the gain one could attain be using a lower delay weapon and hitting more frequently?
    (0)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Has there been any testing done yet that show any relation to the rate of additional levels of Treasure Hunter and wearing Treasure Hunter gear?

IF Treasure Hunter gear does affect the frequency at which the effectiveness increases, would it offset the gain one could attain be using a lower delay weapon and hitting more frequently?
    I have not seen any tests. However when I'm doing things i want drops for, Like REALLY want them for, I generally Equip my TH Gear during SA/TA, Its shown good results But Its far from confirmed and I wouldn't advocate it.
    (0)

Character
    Capnspike
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90

Honestly, there's more evidence that AF3 hands give a boost to sneak attack and trick attack procing a TH+1 than any TH gear does...

I would listen to what SE has already told us about the gear. A thf with TH6 (TH3 base +hands +dagger +atma) hits the mob, the mob now has TH6. Thf unequips dagger and hands, and uses sneak attack, procs TH+1 giving the mob TH7..... etc...
    (0)

Character
    Capnspike
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Also, to answer OPs Q

Twilight main - Triplus off

/thread
    (0)

Character
    Kasandaro
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    My eyeballed anecdata says it doesn't, but I have neither seen nor run any parse, let alone one long enough to be statistically significant.

TH =/= DPS. Apples and chicken egg comparison, that. Unless you're specifically farming fast mobs for a specific drop and you're trying to calculate Drops per Damage-over-Time. In which case, it depends on the mob's hp, the amount of TH gear, the item's native drop rate...
    (0)

Character
    Matador
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn View Post
    Also, to answer OPs Q

Twilight main - Triplus off

/thread

is twashtar worth getting?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by hordecore View Post
    is twashtar worth getting?
    If you want to push your limits higher on thf, certainly. If mandau changed thf back at 75 cap, Twash can do the same.

On triplus vs rapidus. Rapidus is a worthwhile weapon to keep around, and it will outdo Triplus if acc is an issue. Acc needs happens more often than people account for and any end tier heroes of the abyssea nm gives us problems.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Laphine View Post
    If you want to push your limits higher on thf, certainly. If mandau changed thf back at 75 cap, Twash can do the same.

On triplus vs rapidus. Rapidus is a worthwhile weapon to keep around, and it will outdo Triplus if acc is an issue. Acc needs happens more often than people account for and any end tier heroes of the abyssea nm gives us problems.
    There is a big debate on Rudra's VS Mercy stroke on the level 90 Weapons somewhere on FFXIAH. If i recall the Damage was in favor of Rudra's a small amount, But over-all Mandau's DPS (due to not needing to use Rudra's to active additional damage) was superior. Especially considering tha Attack boost on Mandau. So in the end i think Mandau pulled ahead. The debate covered Inside and Outside Abyssea.

So if you're looking into a Relic/Empyrean, I'd work on Mandau, Cause i think SE is going to do more for Relics by the time 99 comes around.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    There is a big debate on Rudra's VS Mercy stroke on the level 90 Weapons somewhere on FFXIAH. If i recall the Damage was in favor of Rudra's a small amount, But over-all Mandau's DPS (due to not needing to use Rudra's to active additional damage) was superior. Especially considering tha Attack boost on Mandau. So in the end i think Mandau pulled ahead. The debate covered Inside and Outside Abyssea.

So if you're looking into a Relic/Empyrean, I'd work on Mandau, Cause i think SE is going to do more for Relics by the time 99 comes around.
    Hmm that is interesting, this discussion never caught my eye before. There was one named Mandau vs Twashtar, but i don't remember such clear aruguments. I need to check it out later.

edit: Well, couldn't find with a quick look. hehe

But it's reasonable anyway. Reasonable so long as we can't use rudras because i don't see Twashtar losing otherwise. It's a 30% damage boost vs a 5% one. Mandau's hidden effect would have to proc at 20% rate to reach the same performance (not counting its extra attack).
    (0)
    Last edited by Laphine; 04-10-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast