Character
    Thedraxis
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 94

Yorcia Skirmish Help

Hi Everyone,

I've been back in the game for a month about and levelling different jobs. I started doing some skirmish this week to upgrade gear on some of my jobs (BLU, RDM, BRD, DNC, WAR - mostly focusing on the lighter DDs at the moment). I've been able to do fine in III/III/III Cirdas cavern, but got stomped twice on I/I/I Yorcia both on BRD and RDM.

I'm turning to the forums in hope that I can get tips on running this content solo (mostly for flexiblity's sake, as I've seen that it is doable).

A few questions I have so far:
    1. I've been assuming that mobs can't be slept. Is that incorrect? Should I be trying to lullaby?
    2. Can the cantonment take a good amount of hits. My biggest problem is having 6 mobs wailing on me at once since I'm trying to pull all their attention.
    3. Should I be using higher tier legs or torsos? I'm not really 100% clear on how these work still.
    4. Is there intermediate gear that might help me out? I'm currently running full espial. I looked at the bayld gear but didn't notice much benefit in switching. My accessories are not great either.

I'm thankful for any help that you may be able to provide.
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Honestly, you might have an easier time doing alluvion yorcia skirmish instead, think the gear there is generally preferred anyhow unless you really need -pdt% augments.

Anyway, if you do wish to do it, I'd ask what trusts you're using. That can make a major difference.
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Thedraxis
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 94
    Thanks for the response!

I had read something that seemed to suggest that this might be a good strategy; but I decided not to try since the failures kinda took the wind out of my sails and the content level for alluvion is higher.

For trusts, I have a limited selection since I came back a month ago. I'm using:
    1- Valaineral
    2- Zeid II
    3- Luzaf
    4- Apururu

I'm open to suggestions, but I'm stopped at RoV 1 since I want to complete as much of the content in order before moving on.

Going to try Alluvion tonight and see if I can beat it with the sash. I unfortunately traded all my copper vouchers for plasm yesterday, so I'm hoping I have enough obsidian stones to trade so I can summon before wiping.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Alright, so, I'll reply to both of your posts, I don't wanna quote though it's annoying.

You should be doing fine in Yorcia 1/1/1 I think that you may not understand the way skirmish works. When you zone in a 1/1/1 call your trusts (which ones you use are 100% irrelevant as long as you have a whm.) Immediately kill the first 6 ish mobs. Do not stand by the cantonment.

Then kill the beastial dens. There's 3, this slows down all the spawn rate of mobs. They take like 90 seconds to kill give or take even in 5/5 sparks. It's vital that they die.

After those 3 are dead, you'll have to run back to the cantonment and clean up a few mobs, they run slow but one or 2 sometimes make it by the time all 3 dens are dead when solo and under geared.

At the 10 minute mark, mobs will run at flee speed, at this point stand at the cantonment and just pick them off one by one. Cantonment can take like 100 hits, 1% each etc.

It's VERY easy content, if you are prepared.

Heads quality increases bayld rewards from noetic. Torso is the size of the map (probably shouldn't go over a 2 solo). Feet had something to do with drops, totally bullshit random nonsense. (head and feet may be reversed, it's been almost 2 years since I did it)

Now, alluvian is a TOTALLY different monster, do not attempt to solo this one without knowing some things about it first. First of all know what a Eudaemon item does for the run. You will 100% lose if you take a DD on a magic Eudaemon. Bringing at least a second person is ideal, to operate the book.

Alluvian yorcia is league of legends... kill stuff, use the stuff to spawn minions, minions march and destroy enemy tent. Minions have 1 million hp and hit HARD AS F*CK, but don't aggro players, just trusts.

The gear, from both of these... well they suck. Random augments from regular skirmish is a complete waste of time. Alluvian is slightly better, but it's also a complete waste of time, and a huge waste of gil. But you kinda HAVE to do them, because not all 119s are created equal. And you'll never get anything better, unless you pay people to do it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 02-05-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Character
    Thedraxis
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 94
    Thanks for the help!

I didn't end up trying for alluvion yesterday and did other stuff in game.

I was thinking of using the Sash since it allows you to summon Kirin which, from my understanding, makes the 2 first floors pretty easy. It does sound like you need to go into it with a good amount of obsidian to trade in, so I'm probably going to wait until I can get 10 vouchers to trade for obsidian before trying it again.

One question, though. Once I've popped Kirin, I still need to protect my marshland from being overrun, right? Am I better to place some worms for defense; or other types of mobs even if they don't stay at home base?

Really thankful for all the help so far! I feel better about making more attempts now.
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I generally prefer colibri. Your kirin should be holding the monsters as they approach it, so the worms would only do anything once it's dead. The colibris on the other hand will join in and keep it from getting defeated.

Also, you can only trade 1000 obsidian into puissance per run I believe.
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.

Character
    Thedraxis
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 94
    :O

Reddit threads seem to be saying that it was 1 per floor. Guess I'll test and find out. lol
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Collavoce View Post
    :O

Reddit threads seem to be saying that it was 1 per floor. Guess I'll test and find out. lol
    I could be mistaken. I've done it with others and actually killed the non-aggressive mobs for puissance instead, but that's what I recalled hearing.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I believe that it is indeed per floor, and also, not all mobs are non-aggressive. Fluterini will eat your face with little provocation. D:
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Thedraxis
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 94
    Thanks for the help everyone! I will test tonight and report here for posterity. lol
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast