Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Guys, let's just enjoy the news and wait until March ends before talking about this again. *wink*
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I have an idea: Increase the bandwidth allocated to each connection. I have no idea why but it seems like the game sends data far more slowly than it really could. The amount of data that makes up all the items in our inventories is hardly a lot by modern standards.

Virtually nobody still plays this game on dialup.
    I completely agree on the part that client-server bandwith limit definitely needs to be set higher, but not because "hardly anyone plays on dial-up anymore".
    The decreased amount of players should be enough argument to allocate more bandwith to each client, even with double of what it is now we should see a significant increase in performance and that should be easily doable since today's population per server is less than half of what it used to be in FFXI's prime. Probably close to a quarter, if not less.
    (3)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

ok

everybody butt radeus gets a like. good comments guys thank you.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I don't even see why there is inventory caps anymore, why not just let us hold everything.

I think some of you have a serious case of hoarding issues.

Instead of asking for MORE STORAGE AND MORE SHIT TO PUT IN IT!!!!! Ask for better items. I'm tired of having 80 rings. "situational" gear is making me care less and less about "situations".

Where's my rainbow ring for all stat +9. Rajas ring fix that was alluded to over a year ago. Rainbow earring all stat +5
    (3)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    I completely agree on the part that client-server bandwith limit definitely needs to be set higher, but not because "hardly anyone plays on dial-up anymore".
    The decreased amount of players should be enough argument to allocate more bandwith to each client, even with double of what it is now we should see a significant increase in performance and that should be easily doable since today's population per server is less than half of what it used to be in FFXI's prime. Probably close to a quarter, if not less.
    The hardware would have been more than likely scaled down since then, as a cost cutting measure. I dont think they would have the same capacity as they did xxx years ago, it wouldn't make sense. Adjusting connection speeds could also possibly cause sync issues.
    (1)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    another option

sandbox the inventory data when you change zones and from the last time you logged out

and if your worried about someone cheating the system im sure the server knows all the items that each player has and can stop them from using/equipping items thay do not have

Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Guys, let's just enjoy the news and wait until March ends before talking about this again. *wink*
    im just trying to give SE some options
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by SMD111 View Post
    im just trying to give SE some options
    I'm sure many current players (myself included) have a lot of neat ideas to make the game better on PC. Just need to wait until after March ends before bothering talking about it.

In the mean time I'm just looking forward to getting that additional space for gear in April's update. ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    With that said though, there is still a possibility that this cannot be improved since it is an adjustment related to the core system of FFXI
    Build FINAL FANTASY XI: A Realm Reborn.
    (5)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm just over here still wondering why there is even a need to reload all your inventories including the ones you don't even have access too every time you zone in the first place...
    (0)

Greetings!

A quick update on the Mog Wardrobe.

While I mentioned the other week that loading time will always occur, we’ve actually already begun making adjustments that allow you to use equipment a bit faster than before. What we’re looking into doing is changing the order that storage is loaded so that the loading order becomes the following: your inventory, Mog Wardrobe, and then all your other storage. The aim of this change is to ease the situations where you are not able to use equipment right after changing zones. Furthermore, in terms of your Mog House, we will be making it so loading priority is given to your Mog Safe, and this will speed up the rate in which your furnishings are displayed.

We’ll also be making some adjustments to the item loading icon so that there is a visual differentiation between the equipment loading icon and the storage loading icon.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast