Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

need twice to 3x the wardrobe space

need twice to 3x the wardrobe space, so that we can put all these gears in it that dont fit on porter moogle. i have 14 jobs all with 119 gear, and i find it impossible to fit them all in wardrobe to change fast.
    (2)

Theoretically it could happen after they drop PS2 support.
    (1)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Well Mog Wardrobe 2 is planned for April update via JP Dev tracker with the expense of increased loading time.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mnejing; 02-04-2016 at 10:04 PM.

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't even see why there is inventory caps anymore, why not just let us hold everything.

I think some of you have a serious case of hoarding issues.

Instead of asking for MORE STORAGE AND MORE SHIT TO PUT IN IT!!!!! Ask for better items. I'm tired of having 80 rings. "situational" gear is making me care less and less about "situations".

Where's my rainbow ring for all stat +9. Rajas ring fix that was alluded to over a year ago. Rainbow earring all stat +5
    (5)
    Last edited by Vae; 02-04-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm hoping they uncap the data transfer limit after they drop console support.
    I would be happy with a wardrobe 2 at that point - load times would be near instantaneous (on broadband). No more waiting 1 - 2 minutes for all of my inventories to load before participating in a BCNM style fight or zoning.
    (1)

As Mnejing has already kindly shared, Mog Wardrobe 2 is on the way, and slated to be implemented in the April version update!

However, due to this addition there will also be slightly longer loading times, which I would like to take a moment to explain.

Essentially, whenever you have items in storage, there will always be loading time that occurs. The more items you have in storage causes this time to become longer, and unfortunately this is unavoidable at the moment. However, leaving this alone would cause unwanted circumstances in the event that we add a third or fourth Mog Wardrobe, such as having to wait a long amount of time for loading when entering battlefields or other areas where time is of the essence.

As such, the development team isn’t going to give up on this, and they are currently investigating to see what can be done to shorten the loading times. They’d like to prioritize a speedier loading time when changing zones, so it will cut down on the time where you are not able to equip gear or use items. They’ll be trying various approaches and looking at this issue from various angles to make this smoother.

With that said though, there is still a possibility that this cannot be improved since it is an adjustment related to the core system of FFXI, and we appreciate your understanding on this.
    (15)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    As Mnejing has already kindly shared, Mog Wardrobe 2 is on the way, and slated to be implemented in the April version update!

However, due to this addition there will also be slightly longer loading times, which I would like to take a moment to explain.

Essentially, whenever you have items in storage, there will always be loading time that occurs. The more items you have in storage causes this time to become longer, and unfortunately this is unavoidable at the moment. However, leaving this alone would cause unwanted circumstances in the event that we add a third or fourth Mog Wardrobe, such as having to wait a long amount of time for loading when entering battlefields or other areas where time is of the essence.

As such, the development team isn’t going to give up on this, and they are currently investigating to see what can be done to shorten the loading times. They’d like to prioritize a speedier loading time when changing zones, so it will cut down on the time where you are not able to equip gear or use items. They’ll be trying various approaches and looking at this issue from various angles to make this smoother.

With that said though, there is still a possibility that this cannot be improved since it is an adjustment related to the core system of FFXI, and we appreciate your understanding on this.
    Install a couchbase cache in front of whatever backend database you're using.
    (2)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

add a packet that sends all the items[id/count/slot] for each inventory all at once
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

I have an idea: Increase the bandwidth allocated to each connection. I have no idea why but it seems like the game sends data far more slowly than it really could. The amount of data that makes up all the items in our inventories is hardly a lot by modern standards.

Virtually nobody still plays this game on dialup.
    (4)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I have an idea: Increase the bandwidth allocated to each connection. I have no idea why but it seems like the game sends data far more slowly than it really could. The amount of data that makes up all the items in our inventories is hardly a lot by modern standards.

Virtually nobody still plays this game on dialup.
    Exactly what I agree with.
    I believe someone did some testing and found the game is actually capped at a certain transmission bandwidth. I'm guessing this is due to the game being so old and some people on console started off on dial up or DSL.
    (3)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast