Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Lothire
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 88

Suggestion to increase desire for all jobs: Voidwatch

Voidwatch was one of the most fun events, in my opinion at least, in the last few years. When it was big, every single job was desired. Each person had a role to play, and the loot was good!

Since it has fallen out (I know it's still done, but not the same scale), we've moved back into class favoritism, which is to be expected in any MMO.

We need Voidwatch to either be updated, or a new event similar to Voidwatch where each job is required.
    (5)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yes Voidwatch was possibly the best event system they ever made, in terms of getting people to play different jobs. It was fantastic in the middle. I did more than 30,000 battles and it was never a drag.

The problem was the shit-tier loot system, and the ONE GUY WHO NEVER TOOK HIS GOD DAMN BOX. Ignoring the terrible system for pre-fight and post-fight, the battles itself was my favorite. (loading cells BLOWS!) (loot system is terrible). And Pets depopping at the start of each fight was BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!

There were a couple complaints though, but it was player based, not design based. Garbage ninjas unable to land debuffs... muleblues that couldn't hit their spells... And Certain Relic weapons made procs VERY hard. Apoc's blind, Mandau's poison.

I'd love to see a VW 2, unfortunately it won't be like it was, vw was like the peak of recent playerbase. Getting 18 competent players to do a system of procs based on varying ws and magics, would actually literally be impossible. "what do you mean spamming CDC won't proc sword?"
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 02-04-2016 at 03:09 AM.

Character
    Lonnan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Authority View Post
    Voidwatch was one of the most fun events, in my opinion at least, in the last few years. When it was big, every single job was desired. Each person had a role to play, and the loot was good!

Since it has fallen out (I know it's still done, but not the same scale), we've moved back into class favoritism, which is to be expected in any MMO.

We need Voidwatch to either be updated, or a new event similar to Voidwatch where each job is required.
    I guessed that, based on your suggestion, you would be on a popular server and sure enough you are on Asura. On Shiva, which isn't a ghost town but definitely no Asura, finding enough active players to fill content requiring a full alliance would be beyond difficult most days (even during prime time) if not outright impossible. Barring a server consolidation this suggestion only adds an aditional layer of difficulty for most players in all but the most populated servers.

Instead of content where you have to have x number of abilities/spells from x number of jobs or you are punished by lack of drops, why not add a multiplier effect that rewards players for including more jobs. So the more different job combinations you bring the better your chance for rare/valauble/number drops. Seriously, SE's Dev team already leans heavily to the negative side of the punishment/reward spectrum, I think more people need to focus on the positive side of that spectrum when making suggestions. Let's show SE that creating a systems of rewards and bonuses is much more fulfilling game play.
    (0)

I've been saying this forever, would love this to happen, would be nice to be able to do something besides solo - besides the plate etc market is really bad and people need them.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Where each job is required.

18 man alliance, 22 jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I loved VW too but let's be real. You didn't bring a SCH, you brought a BLM. You didn't bring a DRK, you brought a WAR and hoped you didn't get any DRK-only WS. You could bring a PLD but it was just as easy to bring someone /PLD. And you'd never bring BST or PUP, you'd just ignore those procs and move on to the next pop.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Let's not mention further pushing DRK out by going RDM/DRK or BLM/DRK for those Absorb procs!
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I loved VW too but let's be real. You didn't bring a SCH, you brought a BLM.
    Always brought a SCH. Libra. And/or Main heals.
    You didn't bring a DRK, you brought a WAR and hoped you didn't get any DRK-only WS.
    That's completely untrue, it was "Never bring a DRG and hope war can hit the spear ws's" And that's only because loldrg.
    You could bring a PLD but it was just as easy to bring someone /PLD.
    Brought a PLD to half of them, and a lot of times it was fun to PLD DD w/ Rag and pwn noobs.
    And you'd never bring BST or PUP, you'd just ignore those procs and move on to the next pop.
    That's SPECIFICALLY because pet's despawned at EVERY battle start and it was INFURIATING. TP wouldn't carry over to the next fight, cause your pet had to be recalled, and "call-beast" is on such a slow timer, that it couldn't keep up. PUP got a terrible rep from day 1, it was a horribad job, there's just nothing that could be done about that, except the 12000 fixes theyve done that were REQUIRED 7 years ago...
    (2)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Let's not mention further pushing DRK out by going RDM/DRK or BLM/DRK for those Absorb procs!
    Geo/Drk was my personal favorite excuse to come as a geo to voidwatch!
    Dusty Wing + Hoe = got ya covered on some Scythe WS's!
    (1)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Maybe it varied from server to server but that’s not how it was on Valefor. The basic rule of VW is to make sure you can cover as many magic procs as possible, then fill in enough DD and support to allow you to kill your target quickly. Getting some blue procs was nice, but it was common knowledge that capping red lights is what mattered. The purpose of blue procs was to refill temp items and open up the possibility of additional red procs.

You got 18 slots to fill so you’re right that you wouldn’t turn people away. However, you’d never actively try to seek for certain jobs unless you had absolutely everything else covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Always brought a SCH. Libra. And/or Main heals.
    Libra’s just one proc. You could get helices from /SCH. And everybody had WHM leveled because it was an Abyssean powerhouse. There weren’t really very many SCH back in those days and the job didn’t really take off until Legion. So there was very little reason to bring one when you could just get WHM/SCH. I can't imagine this scenario coming up that often because the likelihood of having SCH as your only job seems very low for that time.

That's completely untrue, it was "Never bring a DRG and hope war can hit the spear ws's" And that's only because loldrg.
    Sure you could bring a DRK but /DRK is missing what, one absorb spell? One of the BLM could easily /DRK and take care of it. WAR could handle what, 2/3 or more of the GS/Scythe procs? Plus after Abyssea a lot of people had WAR leveled and skilled up because it was so useful there. In my experience it was easier to find a competent WAR than a competent DRK. DRK is a fine job to fill in once the backbone of the alliance is established but you didn’t have to bring it and there wasn’t really a compelling reason to try and force one into the alliance. In my experience you were about as likely to find a serious DRK as a serious DRG in those days. It was far easier to have someone WAR and then cover the job-restricted WS once that had been established.

Aside from that, WAR and MNK were staples of VW because crit weaponskills were all the rage.

Brought a PLD to half of them, and a lot of times it was fun to PLD DD w/ Rag and pwn noobs.
    Sure you probably wouldn't turn away a PLD but you're bringing a WHM anyway and /PLD gave you Shield Bash. Are you going to bring PLD just for Swift Blade? Sure, bring a PLD but BLU can cover most sword WS, MNK can do staff and club, and WHM can cover the magic. With wings, regain atmacites, and tacticians people didn't have any issues with WS frequency, even for non-primary weapons. Since you were riding Fanatics and you could still hold hate with damage alone at the time, you didn't really need to have a tank either.

That's SPECIFICALLY because pet's despawned at EVERY battle start and it was INFURIATING. TP wouldn't carry over to the next fight, cause your pet had to be recalled, and "call-beast" is on such a slow timer, that it couldn't keep up. PUP got a terrible rep from day 1, it was a horribad job, there's just nothing that could be done about that, except the 12000 fixes theyve done that were REQUIRED 7 years ago...
    Could it also be because (for the purpose of VW) there are no BST-only axe WS or PUP-only H2H WS? And Pet/Auto are just one proc each? Why bring a BST or a PUP when everybody and their mother has WAR and MNK leveled?

Look, I guess my language was a little strong in my post because any job could find its way into a VW alliance. I wouldn’t go so far as to say certain jobs were outright rejected the moment they requested an invitation. But there were a lot of jobs that either brought nothing unique to the table or were very replaceable with another more common job. Like would you ever bring a RDM?

My main point was that while VW encouraged job diversity it didn't really make it required. Even though I have fond memories of VW, it had many warts.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast