Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Which is why I was confused by the initial player translation of the jp post. Specifically the part of "in other words, it will affect cases where the Master is within a valid distance, but the automaton’s distance makes it invalid" since I didn't think master distance mattered
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    As mentioned in this thread already, there is no need for concern.

The adjustments taking place in the upcoming version update will not be affecting the range in which automaton abilities can be activated or used.

The main objective of the adjustment is to add a routine to automatons so they are better aware of their range and do not use abilities when it they determine that it will not reach. This will eliminate times where abilities are used but elicit no effect since they are out of range.

One other thing I would like to note is that we will be making adjustments to the damage calculations of melee attacks and ranged attacks, and this will also apply to automatons. You’ll be able to reference the same calculations for beastmaster’s pets, and the damage cap can be increased.
    Camate and others who replied and put my mind at ease for PUP, thank you! (*continues widdling away at alexandrite for Kenkonken*)
    (1)

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    One other thing I would like to note is that we will be making adjustments to the damage calculations of melee attacks and ranged attacks, and this will also apply to automatons. You’ll be able to reference the same calculations for beastmaster’s pets, and the damage cap can be increased.
    Will summoner avatars also be affected by this change or are they already a part of this newer damage formula or will they remain on the older values?
    (1)

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Some new posts in the jp pup forum.

Basically people asking why the inhibitor doesnt just force the higher level skill chain. (it will wait to skill chain, but it wont use a ws that can close a higher level skill chain) eg it will close with a SC that causes gravity due to active maneuvers instead of closing with one that would create darkness.

They said they would have to redesign the attachment (inhibitor). Then more talk about letting us just pick the the ws, and the devs saying they arent sure if they want to do this or just make a new attachment that always forces the pet to use the highest level ws to close a skill chain. Basically they are still 'looking into it'.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Oh man I sure hope they revisit the pick a ws idea
    (2)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pups323 View Post
    Some new posts in the jp pup forum.

Basically people asking why the inhibitor doesnt just force the higher level skill chain. (it will wait to skill chain, but it wont use a ws that can close a higher level skill chain) eg it will close with a SC that causes gravity due to active maneuvers instead of closing with one that would create darkness.

They said they would have to redesign the attachment (inhibitor). Then more talk about letting us just pick the the ws, and the devs saying they arent sure if they want to do this or just make a new attachment that always forces the pet to use the highest level ws to close a skill chain. Basically they are still 'looking into it'.
    Introducing, the new and improved Inhibitor II!!!

Proudly designed by SquareEnix, this lovely device will force your Automaton to use a weaponskill that will close the highest level skillchain possible!

It can be yours for the low introductory price of 743,000 gil! Please see our Qiqirn Automaton Attachment dealer in Nashmau for details and financing!
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3