Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnan View Post
    Addressing multiple issues here and using my phone so I won't be quote and cutting

First, the OP. Yeah I agree it's frustrating when the campaigns ends and the exp/cp values drop noticeably. At the same time what the player base considers to be "good" exp/cp is an ever moving target. Back in the day killing Mandies in the jungle a party thought they were boss if they could chain over 400 xp on a single kill. Now even fodder mobs in the escha zones offer around 5k plus xp per kill. Point is that if campaign bonuses become the new normal we will just want more (it's in our nature). So long as SE keeps being generous with the campaigns I can live with the short luls. For the past 3 months I think we've had about 2 weeks without campaign buffs. That's 10/12 weeks which is pretty darn good. So I say, SE please keep the campaigns coming!
    I don't believe it's a matter of wanting better and better. You (generic, not literal <you>) just want the best you've seen or near it and it's SE's fault for giving us that and taking it away. Login campaigns, maybe, make people come back and play the game. Maybe they're good for the game. Exp campaigns maybe do the same, but they're a detriment to activity when they go away.

As for the discussion about cp parties and limited roles. We all know that this is a player issue. Players want the most/easiest/fastest ways to get cp. With the current state of the game that is a magic burst setup. Eventually, given FFXIs ever decreasing playerbase, the active players will have 3 stars on all their mage jobs. Before that happens, I think we need to make suggestions on how to fix that.
    It's a player issue for wanting greatness, but it's a design issue that a blm can do 99k damage, or even 45k damage with a properly timed cast. A single cast from a geo routinely does more than the combined damage of both ws's and the skillchain's damage. This isn't a minor difference of players pushing for more, this is the nuke team insanely increasing kill speed.

And it's good, SE is letting us work together again to form skillchains and get magic bursts, but the silly things have so much HP that you're crazy not to do it that way.

Further, great apex parties push flash/stun's (usually flash) recast timer to its limits, so every mob gets one flash. As a PLD, I only provoked when flash had a long cd remaining or a mob actually lived longer than normal. The minimal hate that magic bursts produce is nice for that.

Personally, I think SE should increase skill chain damage (not necessarily ws damage). I think every melee primary DD job that doesn't already have it, should have at least the first 2 skillchain bonus job traits. The bonuses for multistep chains should also be significantly increased. Let's reward players for planning out 4,5,or 6 step chains rather than just going light to light or dark to dark all the time. Heck most players I've seen don't know the properties of any weaponskills other than the Empy ones. I also think that the availability of skill chain bonus gear should rival that of magic burst bonus gear. Right now it feels much easier to find magic burst gear.
    While the blandness of a manaburn apex party will still be preferable, I agree with this. It's too easy to light or darkness and start thinking about the next kill. I honestly wouldn't like participating in a multi-step skillchain party, because I've seen the tp rates of some players, but those that do should be rewarded.
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I second the "melee burn party isn't as good", but it is still valid. My LS and I would occasionally do a few parties before manaburns became the norm, hitting up Apex Crawlers. We'd often go DDx3, Tank, Support, Healer. Tank pulls, keeps mob from turning, and we'd set up three-step WS chains to take large chunks out of its health. Things like Camlainn -> Drakes -> Torcleaver would give us a double light, or something like Req -> Leaden -> Rudra, etc. It would probably take 3-4 chains so we'd not keep an ongoing chain, and sometimes TP took forever if someone's Acc wasn't up to snuff, but it was at least a way for melee to exp over time. Much like how mages had downtime on their puddings to recover MP. Manaburns, sadly, are just so much better, just like birds used to be. I was so spoiled by going from 1200->2100 on BLU within like three parties in a manaburn, something close to 10m CP/hr each one? Was crazy.

That being said, I'd totally love to see Skillchain bonuses increase. I'd love for it to be valid for people to link their WS together. Holding TP is generally detrimental because of the loss of DPS, even though some WS have better bonuses at higher TP values, but if the skillchain increase after is worth it, I'd welcome it.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post

I don't think anyone is suggesting they slow it down at the end just that they should speed it up at the front so that people who are behind don't have to stay SO FAR behind for SO LONG.
    Sorry perhaps I wasn't really clear... it already is slowed down at the end. You are looking at just how fast you gain cp/hr which does go up as you gain more gifts sure but the gain rate of actual modifications go down. Not having faster cping at the end with the current progression would make the end actually slower.

It's similar to how yeah you can get xp way faster at higher lvls than lvl 1... but that doesn't mean you need more xp/hr at lvl 1 because your tnl goes up so much that you are actually leveling slower at higher levels.

So if they balanced the gainrates they'd have to completely reworked the gift/jp progression. Now if they boosted the early end but still had the cp bonuses as you progress that could work... or just keep campaigns 24/7
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-06-2016 at 03:02 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I think we all knew that once we had a taste of boosted XP/CP events we'd want it full time. It's probably safe to say that there will come a day when even the boosted rates feel unsatisfying.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I think we all knew that once we had a taste of boosted XP/CP events we'd want it full time. It's probably safe to say that there will come a day when even the boosted rates feel unsatisfying.
    I'm calling the next time they add something with higher costs of anything... so like something you can realistically get with merits that costs a bunch more (emporox prices are just so ridiculously high no one bothers seriously 25k merits when you can only have 75 on you at a time wtf) or if they give more say new jp categories/bring up the total per category to 30 like originally planned
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Min/maxers will always squeeze out that little bit extra and be looking for more. That is true.

However, this is like your boss giving you two days worth of work per week and you can do it any two days, but he'll pay you double on Thursday and Friday. The rest of the week, if anyone brings up work, you'll pretty much ignore them. You're going to do it on thursday and friday.

- - -

At the same time, I'm not trying to get boosted EXP to go away, that would be poor judgment as well. Just make it full time, and never do another temporary boost again. It is actually bad for activity.
    (2)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 02-06-2016 at 07:59 AM.

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Can we be honest about the situation xp (lvl1-99 and merits) and job points/gift in no way make you an automatic for endgame so allowing these to events xp/cp to be fulltimed would make it easier for ppl to catchup which is what is needed. Our power playerwise comes from our gear. There is definitely a noticeable drop in player activity ever since the campaign ended.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I quite like it when the xp/cap events are down, it means I can do weaving and fishing and RME stuff without feeling that I'm losing kerzillions of potential Capacity Points every day lol.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I quite like it when the xp/cap events are down, it means I can do weaving and fishing and RME stuff without feeling that I'm losing kerzillions of potential Capacity Points every day lol.
    You only feel like you must exp during a campaign because zomg, it's the campaign! If it was up full-time, you could go as you pleased.
    (4)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    You only feel like you must exp during a campaign because zomg, it's the campaign! If it was up full-time, you could go as you pleased.
    I totally agree with you, it works both ways. The pressure is really on when you know you have a few days left of super-mega-bonus XP/CAP. And the pressure is a lot worse now with the Chain Bonus, than it was in the olden days of plain double XP/CAP, because now I can't just go and make a coffee or whatever, I feel that I have to push the button in nonstop because of limited timed-event Chain Bonuses.

Its a very stressful system really, it would have been better just adding a few more items / key items that give you extra XP/CAP permanently, and just scrap the timed-event and reliance on Chain Bonuses, which seem to make people frantic and grab mobs from right infront of me, just to keep their chain going.

Another thing they could have done was enable trading a CAP+ cape to a NPC to get a permanent bonus, so you can actually wear your nice JSE cape when you xp.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast