Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trust RDMs

Quote Originally Posted by Pups323 View Post
    Um where are you getting your info from.

I am only seeing koru moru available during 9/22/2014 alter ego extravaganza.
    The question is, where are you getting your info from?

Not trying to be rude or facetious, but both all wikis are way out of date on this sort of information. It may appear that it was only obtainable once, but that's probably due to noone updating wiki. (No blame, I haven't edited a wiki page in years either).
    (0)

Character
    Thedraxis
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 94
    TBH, I'm fine with them releasing trusts as they are. It's a quality of life feature, so it makes sense to use it to incentivise continuous play.

Where I do have a problem, is that I'm not sure how they calculate which trusts they are handing out. I'm assuming they have somekind of grid with values for attack/defense/whatever state makes sense for the trust's job/ai; but I'm really not sure.

Alot of trusts are dumb as rocks (which I'm hoping the ai adjustments they announced in the patchnotes help). Out of all the trusts I got last month (granted I didn't get alot of the allied notes ones since I'm doing storylines in order); Luzaf is pretty much the only one I'm finding myself using regularly. I did use Najelith for a while when I was killing pink birds; but she uses friggin' cyclone like an idiot. I'm not sure whose bright idea it was to give a RNG npc cyclone as a possible attack when most of the mobs that are weak to piercing a birds that are strong to wind... Similarly, the Chebukki twin that they just gave us uses AOE primarily. Which would be fine if the ratio of magic users to melee weren't 1:20. :S

Similar issue include all the spear wielders being pld/war who can't keep hate (which-sidenote- there are wayyyyyyy too many idiotic WAR trusts who think they are tanks and basically just make things complicated by provoking at stupid times).

I'm sure the idea is that people need to think carefully about which trusts to use in which situation; but there needs to be a major review of the AI to see whether the distribution makes sense. At the moment, there are too many unusable trusts.

TL;DR: If they are using a ratings system, they seriously need to take AI into consideration. The rift between backbenchers and MVPs is too great. It really feels like you are significantly weaker when you don't have certain trusts.
    (1)

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well to put my money where my mouth is i googled it.

Oct 2014
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...1409/news.html

April 2015
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...opics_all.html

Oct 2015
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...opics_all.html

So next estimated koru is april 2016....available 2 months/12 for such a powerful trust seems realy not far imho.

Other trusts like shantoto 2 come to mind. Really wish they would add more trusts to the ROE quest series. Anything that has been around for 1 year + should be added.
    (0)

Eh, but alternatives are available.

I want trusts that stun, which is why I want Ullegore, but I have Zeid II and Adelheid.

The biggest unfairness imo is there is no substitute for Qultada or Kupofried, besides the other of the pair. Those are the two that I feel lacking without.
    (0)

Character
    Lonnan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    The biggest unfairness imo is there is no substitute for Qultada or Kupofried, besides the other of the pair. Those are the two that I feel lacking without.
    Totally agree there. I've missed Qultada and Amchuchu each time they have been offered. Given how useful both are, it's painful not having them. Other trusts need serious work to make them desirable.

Can trusts, across the board, get buffed as if they were, at least, a slightly below average geared player of that job at 119. Tanks lack DT, Melees lack seriously lack accuracy and attack, and most mages lack decent MAB and MACC.

Can we also have trusts with new AI or new trusts to fill gaps in our arsenal. For one, pet support (this was supposedly in development I thought?). Also, would be nice if the brd trusts had access to Finale as we currently have no light based dispell options for trusts. I am also unaware of any trusts that cast bar element spells (or carols) but it would seem easy enough to program.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lonnan; 02-10-2016 at 04:00 AM.

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    They're probably going to give out red pells soon, since an update is scheduled for February and April so just hold out for Moogle, Kupofried, etc, a bit longer.

As for RDM trusts, I have them all and I use them for different things. Koru doesn't engage the mob besides Dia and Slow (and Distract) and is reliable with Refresh and Haste 2 (depending on the job). Arciela is if I'm using a job that I need both Haste 2 and Refresh 2 and Koru doesn't give them (BLU) and her aoe Cure skill is pretty helpful. Arciela II is more offensive than all the other RDM so I only use her if I'm using MB trusts and don't need to rely on her buffs since she'll cast them less often than the rest. King of Hearts is my least favorite but he has his uses too.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnan View Post
    Totally agree there. I've missed Qultada and Amchuchu each time they have been offered. Given how useful both are, it's painful not having them. Other trusts need serious work to make them desirable.

Can trusts, across the board, get buffa as if they were, at least, a slightly below average geared player of that job at 119. Tanks lack DT, Melees lack seriously lack accuracy and attack, and most mages lack decent MAB and MACC.
    I don't mind that trusts are "incompetently geared", as long as they play right. I don't mind gimmicky trusts like F.Coffin but every other mage should stand back. Shantotto II is the best nuker, but she dies to melee AOE because she's constantly in melee range. If you're using a trust tank, it's literally impossible to reposition the tank or Shantotto without the other following, unless you can pull hate off the tank and trust tanks have pretty great enmity.

So yeah, I don't mind that most healers lack real mp throughput, August and Amchu lack any dt gear, etc etc. That's the trade-off for not finding a real player, but poor AI, or deliberately bad AI like mages standing in melee range and eating every aoe and every silencega, or Amchu using Berserk.

Another one, Karuha-Baruha. I don't mind that since her specialty is bar-spells, she stands in melee, but does she have to AOE ws? I understand not wanting them to be too good, but why make them deliberately bad?
    (0)

Greetings, everyone!

We’ll be looking into different avenues to obtain Koru-Moru moving forward so you can get more of that Refresh love.

In regards to Qultada and Kupofried, since both of these alter egos have special traits that directly increase the amount of experience points you can gain, we plan on maintaining their current rarity of appearance.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings, everyone!

We’ll be looking into different avenues to obtain Koru-Moru moving forward so you can get more of that Refresh love.

In regards to Qultada and Kupofried, since both of these alter egos have special traits that directly increase the amount of experience points you can gain, we plan on maintaining their current rarity of appearance.
    Oh hey, that's cool, I'll be glad to have Koru and YEAR FROM NOW, instead OF NOW WHEN I ACTUALLY NEED IT.

I love when you say "looking into" or "planning" just say what you mean. "Lol oh you want something you by rights should be able to get naturally, ha, well we'll pretend to care and give you a chance a year from now."
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    Oh hey, that's cool, I'll be glad to have Koru and YEAR FROM NOW, instead OF NOW WHEN I ACTUALLY NEED IT.
    That's cool But hey, did you know?

I got them because I was actually playing at the time they were offered, meaning you yourself could have actually done so as well? Oh hey did you know, SE mailed us "Red Mog Pells" that you could actually exchange for trusts that weren't possible to get recently, the moogles being one of them unless you somehow chose not to do Skirmishes and instead exchanged for easy to obtain items?

I mean, I get the bitterness, but..there were at least two alternate chances to get them.

I love when you say "looking into" or "planning" just say what you mean.
    Probably because gamers, especially NA gamers, have a very high tendencies of taking everything as a promise unless the community team or developers strictly state "Plans/No Plans", otherwise:

"Hey do you remember when you guys promised to give our pets TH gear?"
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast