Character
    Derpypony
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Roadblocking Old Content With Japanese Midnight

I've come back to the game in the past month, on a new account, and have been progressing through the story content. Everything has been going great, except the handful of times so far I've had my progression halted entirely by the roadblock that is needing to wait until Japanese midnight before I can progress further. I can maybe understand this being in the game at the time the content was new, and this was all we had until the next content patch, but now expansions, like Chains of Promathia, and Treasures of Aht Urghan are over a decade old, and there's so much more to the game that I can't get to because of this gate.

I can also understand the existence of waiting until the next game day before a player can progress. The procession of a game day is relevant to the characters, and this is where I draw the line, and can't fathom the Japanese midnight roadblock. If an event takes place in the game, and an NPC tells me I need to wait a day, I'm fine with waiting until the next game day before continuing on with the story. A game day actually exists for these characters, it's something that happens in their world. However, they have no concept of Japan, nevermind any reference for their midnight, and so I can't see why this is in the game, other than to stall the player from going through the content at a quick pace.

I hope this is the right place for this feedback, because I'd sincerely like to see these Japanese midnight restrictions lifted from old story content. Feel free to change it to a game day, since game days are an in world progression of time.
    (2)

They have no concept of seasons either, but some things in Vanadiel happen based on real life seasonal patterns too, e.g color changing Rolanberries or Snow in certain zones. The NPCs never say "Wait a Japanese midnight" or "Earth day", the game is telling you that, so you're right, they don't have a concept of Japan aside the Far East that's of Japanese design. It's old blocks but they've already changed most important stuff to an hour or Vanadiel day and Rhapsodies key items further reduce important stuff or enhance your progression.

They already have plans on changing everything.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

I don't know if they're still checking threads for it, but in the past they've asked us to tell them what we think should be changed. Make a concise list of where you get stuck and what you think should be changed with mission names and numbers. Hopefully it'll be passed on to the development team.
    (1)

Character
    Derpypony
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Thanks for the info, guys. I got roadblocked with Japanese midnight yet again tonight. I'm feeling beyond exasperated by this constant roadblocking of my story content progression.

I've encountered the Japanese midnight roadblock during:

Jueno Quest
    "Apocalypse Nigh"

Chains of Promathia
    "Dawn"

Aht Urghan
    "President Salaheem"
    "Passing Glory"
    "Playing the Part"
    "Sentinal's Honor"
    "Stirrings of War"

I've already bumped into the JP Midnight roadblocks for Dawn, AN, and the first 2 for ToAU, all in the past week. It's getting very frustrating. None of the new content has these restrictions, so why does it exists for the old content?

Please, Square, if by some miracle you read this thread, remove the JP Midnight roadblocks from the game. I think we'd all be satisfied with changing it to a game day, because at least that appeals to some sort of realism or immersion.
    (0)

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I would add in stuff like pup/blu/cor af gear.

Pup quests for new frames/heads all take 1-5 jp midnights.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    A number of JP midnights have been changed to "next game day". They will probably change more of these over time.
    (0)

The remaining quests, missions, and other aspects that require you to wait until Japanese midnight will be added to the development team's list to be looked into. I can't make any promises at the moment, but rest assured they are looking into addressing the remaining ones.
    (13)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Derpypony
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    wow, thanks for all the responses, and thank you, Camate for letting us know this is an issue they are looking at.
    (1)