Character
    Ochretis
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Petition to keep Monstrosity Alive

After finally getting a reply from someone on the FFXI team, my hope was reignited and quickly extinguished when it was pretty much stated that monstrosity is over. It was said that the priority given to it was deemed too low. My question for the developers is this: If as a community who still actively play FFXI could show their support and want for Monstrosity to be revived, would you be willing to rethink the priority of it? If so what would it take to prove as a community we believe the priority should be high enough to at least get updated? A petition signed by 500 people? Do we have to start some sort of Kickstarter thing for it? What?

As a 10 year veteran of FFXI, I've enjoyed the game through its ups and downs, and I remember when monstrosity first came out and how excited I was for it. It allowed me to take a break from the endgame grind and renjoy the game again, visiting old areas and fighting as monsters. As the updates continued I tried my best to find the way to unlock the new species and skins and thought of ways monstrosity could tie into the actual character. When I had to come to terms with the fact the content I came to love so much was just tossed to the curb, the only thing I couldn't understand was why?

Later developers decided to make Monster rearing, which was a huge smack in the face to Monstrosity lovers. Why was the focus shifted towards this to benefit the actual character and the content that was already worked so hard on just abandoned? Why not just add character buffs based on monsters leveled or things like that? I just couldn't understand it. However knowing that FFXI is nearing its end and now the final story wrapped up, I thought maybe just maybe there was a chance we could get some life back into a brilliant idea. I understand the team left to keep FFXI alive and running is probably very small and it's hard enough to keep up with what you have on your plate, and I am grateful that you are all continuing to try and make Vana'diel the best you can. I just ask that if the community can prove to you that we want monstrosity badly enough that you hear us out and bump its priority up. Can you give us that chance, please?
    (8)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Please update this!!!
    (1)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It deserves to be finished, I back this campaign
    (2)

Unfortunately lots of things were tossed to the curb before they were complete. Look at Moblin Maze Mongers, Evoliths, Succor to the Sidhe, Pankration, and Trials of the Magians for some examples. When you have systems that big and complicated, and you want to keep adding data to it as the development team shrinks, while continuing to add new content to the game, eventually you just have to give up and move on because the cost is focusing the entire remaining staff on that one feature. Also, the menus for things like Trials of the Magians were a beast to navigate, or even search on the wikis. Monstrosity had a lot of inventory items to deal with. The other big thing was that the rewards it gave weren't worthwhile for the time you put in, as the only incentive was to be a player fighting against monsters, not to be a monster fighting against players, as you just lost points and potentially your NM status if you lost the battle, while the gladiators could cash out their points for items. MMM had a similarly complex menu, and you could get good equipment for the time. Kogglemander was an in-demand item from MMM before the cap was raised from 75.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    -signed, please bring back Monstrosity, and make something from it that is worthwhile for all who participate in it.
    (3)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm on the Mon-steam Train too. Bring back the Monstrosity...! Give us Alicorns T-T
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Ochretis
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Actual Petition

Alright so since it seems like I can not get a response from a GM on what we as the player community can do to help save content we like, I've decided to try and get a goal of 100 signature posts stating that they would like for monstrosity to be moved up on the priority list and not forgotten. Not saying that it would have to be first priority or anything, but at least moved up and on the board again. I know that I could probably get a lot more signatures if SE could add some in a small incentive to our beloved monstrosity. I was thinking the easiest thing to implement would be CP bonus of like 2% for each instinct lv (ie 30, 60, 90). That being said this is the official attempt and trying to let SE know how much we'd really like to see work still being done to Monstrosity and the last chance to try and save it. I'll be the first to sign this and I hope everyone that checks the boards will join me in our plight. Thank you.

I hereby sign this petition in order to prove the want for monstrosity, thereby moving it up on the priority list.

Ochretis
    (1)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    -signed, please bring back Monstrosity, and make something from it that is worthwhile for all who participate in it.
    There's a vorseal from monstrosity.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    There's a vorseal from monstrosity.
    You have to get a monster to level 30, that's 10-20mins at most.

But I don't support this motion at all, while I understand that some people enjoy monstrosity and would loved to see it expanded you are very much in the minority and with the Dev team shrinking, it's quite understandable that they dedicate most of their time to content that is relevant to the majority of the player base. As for 100 signature posts, you won't get that many which, considering there are still thousands of players still, it's pretty clear you're in the minority.
    (1)