Character
    Silversean
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

RDM Needs Updated

I think it's time to stop pretending that RDM and the other mage jobs are on an equal playing field. It feels like RDM is stuck at 99 with GEO, SCH and everything else being 136. SCH can self-sc, get TP from nukes, and use a weapon skill that restores 60% MP? Really? GEO can have 900 skill? Things aren't equal anymore.

First let's talk about updates period. The last specific RDM update, not counting job points, was Temper which they almost immediately gave to RUN.

Job abilities: GEO has ~13-15, I don't even want to count SCH's. RDM has 6.

Magic: SCH can self-sc with nukes. That's stupidly broken and I'm not going to elaborate anymore.

Immunobreak: RDM is the only job to have A+ Enfeebling magic skill and when Seekers hit we couldn't enfeeble. It would be the same as WHM not being able to heal or BLMs not being able to nuke. It's stupid. Immunobreak is kind of pointless, groups don't want a RDM to try and Immunobreak a monster, if a RDM is invited it's to haste and buff.

Relic/Empyrean/Mythic: Guess what REMs are good for RDM, none. However, GEO has an almost game-breaking REM.

I just want RDM to be on equal playing field with every other mage job in this game. I don't want RDM to be super overpowered like it was. I don't want to be able to solo everything like RDM could. I want the devs to give RDM a specific, RDM-only update that we should have got when SE buffed every other job.
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    RDM struggles due to a stubborn player base who discover 1 way of doing things and then don't deviate. RDM is a massive boon for ranged jobs and has strong enfeebles which can land and with proper gear, long lasting enhancing spells.

As for GEO 900 skill, it's combined geomancy and handbell, it's no different to BRD with singing and string/wind skill.
    (1)

Character
    Silversean
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'll agree with RDM struggling with a stubborn player base who only find one way of doing things and don't deviate from it. However, I think RDM still should be updated, because every other mage job has been updated.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    RDM struggles due to a stubborn player base who discover 1 way of doing things and then don't deviate. RDM is a massive boon for ranged jobs and has strong enfeebles which can land and with proper gear, long lasting enhancing spells.

As for GEO 900 skill, it's combined geomancy and handbell, it's no different to BRD with singing and string/wind skill.
    It's not as good for well geared rngs as you might think. You can actually cap snapshot without any flurries (though pretty hard to do) let alone flurry II. The Tier 3 enfeebles are kind of nice but end up basically just being about as strong as the geo equivalents
    (1)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I honestly think they dropped the ball on RDM job gift spells. Cure V should have been added to the 100 gift. The 550 gift would have been more useful sooner (find myself having enough MACC and my party having enough ACC with gear and/or distract/frazzle 2). Temper 2 is nice and all but endgame RDM isn't as geared towards melee as other jobs. I'm not sure what would have been good replacements. Refresh 3 is nice but I don't see anyone asking for it or expecting it. AOE or higher tiered debuffs would have been great since RDM are supposed to be enfeebling masters. Poison 3, Haste 3, Stoneskin 2, Blink 2, Wall (Protect/Shell V in one spell or something), or new enfeebles would have been nice additions.

I agree with the TC on a lot of points. RDM is never specifically sought after, especially for enfeebling. Usually RDM is an afterthought for Refresh and Haste 2 and maybe some side healing/enfeebling/nuking. The useful exclusive spells/abilities are few and far between and honestly, while I love RDM, I am moving on to other jobs not only because they are more sought after, but they are more specialized than RDM in whatever they are doing (nuking, support, etc).
    (1)

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Finally some one agrees with me...if rdm was not supposed to melee at all y do I have a 538 parry? I don't want to be super rdm but damnit if I stun something and grab hate so ninja can blink I don't want that to be my last cast as it is I feel like I've brought an onion sword to a lvl 75 party....my debuffs are ignored most of my enfeebling is ignored and I'm cut down it 2_3 hits though blink and stoneskin I've been told acc gear well y is my Igear used by my trusts but useless to me?? Burred sword su2 is useless with nothing over 119 if I hit something at all its to 0-35 how much HP delve boss? 1mill for the bee I was told and that's IF I live though the first swing
    (1)