Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    There are other ways to prevent that:

Idle more than 30 min in an escha zone? Unable to gain exp until you move. Or if that's too hard (might be), you're kicked out of zone.
    Make the dropoff happen severely with 7 or more people. That severely cuts down on the potential income selling leech services could earn. As one will be a cleaver and one will be a healer, and other spots might be necessary.

It's an MMO. People shouldn't forced to play with others, but they shouldn't be penalized for it.
    3 min (of non acting on target PT or target Mob) instead of 30 min could be better
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    So then just put your leech on auto-follow. Any solution SE came up with would be so heavy handed as to hurt the legitimate players more than it helps and we should really know this. Remember when SE tried to "fix" Campaign because people were just spamming buffs? Well that just made it so I couldn't do Campaign effectively on the only job I had leveled at the time. Remember SE's solution to combat RMT was to make it so you could only dbox 1m at a time. The solution to fish bots was to ruin fishing for everybody.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    So then just put your leech on auto-follow. Any solution SE came up with would be so heavy handed as to hurt the legitimate players more than it helps and we should really know this. Remember when SE tried to "fix" Campaign because people were just spamming buffs? Well that just made it so I couldn't do Campaign effectively on the only job I had leveled at the time. Remember SE's solution to combat RMT was to make it so you could only dbox 1m at a time. The solution to fish bots was to ruin fishing for everybody.
    Remember how the "ruined fishing" didn't last long and people were back to business in no time flat because, you know, legit players actually adapt quicker than reprogramming bots to take into consideration the fishing fatigue? Nevermind the initial fix that added the bounty hunters that only hurt certain dunes/qufim parties but actually did the job of killing/relocating fish bots to the point if they were pos hacking they got auto flagged trying to pos away from the goblin.

Remember how campaign was still perfectly fine and people moved more towards cycling evaluations rather than 1 full battle evaluation instead?

The only change to campaign (that directly affected our progression) was you weren't able to skill up anymore while under the status nor gain a lot of exp/points for doing basically nothing. They also nerfed offensive campaigns (that people used more for skilling up anyway) but defense campaigns were still extremely popular.

SE can be heavy handed at times, that is definitely true - but what you actually meant to write was, any solution SE comes up with players will circumvent it within the next couple of hours or find an exploit in the system to keep within a particular circle of people until it gets out and SE catches wind.

You know, like always?

The gil thing is honestly a non issue because most people playing, especially at the time, could trade gil between them and their mule(s) to get around it because good chance you're dual+ boxing to low man content anyway, especially at the turn of ToAU era+ when people wanted to low man more rather than go with 6+ people.

The only solution that legitimately hurt players was when they used a popular NPC to flag RMT transactions (as most RMT dumped the blood onto that NPC) and it ended up flagging regular players that happened to use it to sell off crap right before a Dynamis Bastok for example.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Remember how the "ruined fishing" didn't last long and people were back to business in no time flat because, you know, legit players actually adapt quicker than reprogramming bots to take into consideration the fishing fatigue? Nevermind the initial fix that added the bounty hunters that only hurt certain dunes/qufim parties but actually did the job of killing/relocating fish bots to the point if they were pos hacking they got auto flagged trying to pos away from the goblin.
    Not sure where you're going with this. Can it really be argued that fishing nerfs hurt bots more than legit players? I don't think it can. Are you trying to agree with me or argue?

Remember how campaign was still perfectly fine and people moved more towards cycling evaluations rather than 1 full battle evaluation instead?
    That's not really a good workaround since it meant that your union evaluation was severely impacted and there never was a good system to reward support jobs?

The only change to campaign (that directly affected our progression) was you weren't able to skill up anymore while under the status nor gain a lot of exp/points for doing basically nothing. They also nerfed offensive campaigns (that people used more for skilling up anyway) but defense campaigns were still extremely popular.
    Those nerfs weren't in response to the initial problem I posed, but I don't think that being able to skill up to level 50 mobs was really that big a deal back in the day when you could achieve a pretty good hit rate with level correction.

The gil thing is honestly a non issue because most people playing, especially at the time, could trade gil between them and their mule(s) to get around it because good chance you're dual+ boxing to low man content anyway, especially at the turn of ToAU era+ when people wanted to low man more rather than go with 6+ people.
    I'm pretty sure the dbox adjustment was added before ToAU. Also dual-boxing (and low-manning in general) never became super prevalent until Abyssea. So the 1m gil thing was actually a pretty big issue back then particularly during the hyper-inflation days when you also couldn't do all your dbox stuff inside your mog house.

Anyway I think my point stands, anything SE does to address this "problem" will hurt legit players more than it helps. And I don't see how it would help anybody in the first place.
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I think just a simple removal of the penalty for partying up is fine.

Are people actually concerned about it increasing the possibility of people paying for/leeching CAP? Who cares?
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    3 min (of non acting on target PT or target Mob) instead of 30 min could be better
    Eh, 3 min, 10 min is too little. People do need to afk at times.

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    The AFK auto-logout timer doesn't care about movement because of auto-follow. It's a client-side mechanism that times out after X minutes of no input from player. The timer I suggested could be similar. Now I do know that some people would run bots that just moved their character every few minutes, but still, it's a suggestion.

There are other ways too, make it so that you need to get on a monster's hate list once every 10 minutes to gain exp in escha areas, so the drg that I cleaved for would need to hit things as well, and should!

But all that does get a little convolute and takes time to program. The easiest option is to make it so the falloff doesn't occur til you have 7 members, and make it brutal. Alliance-leeching should never have happened.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I would really rather they not do that. I kill Apex mobs in an alliance with my LS buddies sometimes- we're aware it's far from the most efficient, but sometimes we just want to play together so we take the hit. Anyway we're already penalized pretty heavily for it.

Some of you guys need to consider how your suggestions would affect players other than your own group (I can't believe someone suggested a 3 minute idle timer for Escha areas with a straight face). There's no reason to implement any of these suggestions that will just force legitimate players to play a specific way especially in regards to something like grinding xp/cp. Just ask them to reduce the penalty of playing in a party- there, done. Who cares if people start selling cleaves again?
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Who cares if people start selling cleaves again?
    Seriously, this. Why would it matter?
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Seriously, this. Why would it matter?
    Support your local RMT, Sign up today!
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Support your local RMT, Sign up today!
    RMT in 2016? Is this bizarro world?
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast