Character
    Mirtha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    pardon my english.
    actually I still love ffxi, played from 2003 till 2013
    played ffxiv from 2013 till 2015 and doesnt love it as much as I did, reasons has nothing to do with ffxi dying, it is just ffxiv came very tedious, had hopes for 3.0 but devs desapoint me doing what the same formula and adding nothing new with value.
    i endure it till 3.1 just to see that devs strategy was to redo the whole dungeon grind to collect some kind of tomes again and again, got tired to farm and farm just to watch all my gear get gimped every big patch... there is a 96h free to logging camgpain but i am not in the mood to come back, from all my friends from the game only one is still playing for the only reason he doesnt have nothing better to do instead, thats very sad.
    I love ffxi, came back october 2015, had a bunch of fun, bought last expantion and played till january but I got older, family (3 kids and wife) wont let me enough time to play as i would like, not as i did 12 years ago, and was playing from 4am till 6:30 am, you can tell how hard it made my life at work...

i am one of those that dont blame ffxiv, ffxi got old and many ppl have their roght to leave it for so many reasons, and i am on of those that is exciting to see how ffxi mobile will be.
    (2)

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Bump.

Dear Square Enix,

Are we going to hear any news about this project before Earth is hit by a meteor or invaded by aliens?
    (0)
    Last edited by Vinedrai; 02-05-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Character
    Roehgaez
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 4
    I really doubt mobile FFXI will be anything like the XI we enjoy now outside of lore.

Patiently waiting for information myself but not hoping for much.
    (1)

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Mobius Final Fantasy already has the party based battle thing locked down. I doubt they'd iterate on that.

I think the original plan was to do something like a FFRK style but with 3D graphics set in Vana'diel, but since they both have FFRK and Mobius out righ tnow, I can't see where they can go with it.

Given the only preview we saw showed a 3D world, It's difficult to justify a mobile game with that kind of production values. If they charge full price, it will sell terribly. If it's F2P, there's every incentive to minimize cost (see Mobius FF) with static set pieces and not much meat to the world and not bother recreating the world we have grown to love.

I have a feeling it is being reworked either a full blown FFXI-Reborn type experience on next-gen consoles (maybe the Switch?) ; If it is staying mobile it will be a F2P game with pay to win mechanics with a few beautiful but largely static 3D set pieces like Mobius, but in Vana'diel

I personally think no news is good news. I have my gacha and pay to win FF fill between Records Keeper and Mobius FF; don't need a third.

And I prefer they do Vana'diel and FFXI justice.
    A mobile MMO will be ballsy, but I just can't see them do it. It makes more sense to relaunch the game on next-gen platforms as FFXIV's older brother and maybe finally tie both worlds together like they always wanted to.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dekusuta; 02-15-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Character
    Pokes
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They didn't even bother to give us Grandmasters, I assume the rest of the Vana'diel project is equally as dead in the water.
    (2)

Yeah, I would say forget about it. So much attention is going to the current mobile Final Fantasy games. I think this project and Grand Master is not in our near future. Sorry dude.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4