Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Thumbs up to the return!!! and /welcome back!

I'm not on your server but I am so glad to see the support from those willing and able to assist you. You'll find "Trust" companions will make leveling your scholar 1000xtimes better, as well as the simple navigation of the Records of Eminence objectives that will pretty much walk you through a number of quests while providing some excellent bonuses and other items designed to make your game play experience that much more enjoyable.

Scholar is a pretty awesome job!
    (1)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdous View Post
    I played the game originally back in 2002 with rise of the zigart but never really made it past level 30 because I could never get use to the gui.. I want to play the game and really dig into it to see if I can enjoy it between ff 14 and this game but seeing all of the information about the game is really overwhelming. I want to be a scholar but reading about the hundreds of spells we have, job points and 20-30 sets of gear to act as a stunner, healer,debuffer,nuker and support with our sky shifting spells and helixes is just a mind bender to me.
    FFXI and most of the previous RPG's had the system that did not hold your hand and walk you through things and forced you to search for information on what to do next.

Most newer RPG's out there feed you the info fast and easy but some people still like the old way of doing it search and find the info you are looking for.
    (0)
    Last edited by SMD111; 01-08-2016 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD111 View Post
    FFXI and most of the previous RPG's had the system that did not hold your hand and walk you through things and forced you to search for information on what to do next.

Most newer RPG's out there feed you the info fast and easy but some people still like the old way of doing it search and find the info you are looking for.
    A Hybrid of the two would be awesome. Because some of the quest lines didn't even give you the slightest clue of what to do. I did enjoy my travels around the world, fearing for my life in places I was out classed in, but there were moments of frustration when getting to a fight or a monster, only to not be able to spawn/enter arenas because you forgot to talk to NPC X.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    A Hybrid of the two would be awesome. Because some of the quest lines didn't even give you the slightest clue of what to do. I did enjoy my travels around the world, fearing for my life in places I was out classed in, but there were moments of frustration when getting to a fight or a monster, only to not be able to spawn/enter arenas because you forgot to talk to NPC X.
    That might be true but you can look it up on one of the many wiki's.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraku_Diabolos View Post
    The reason I left FFXI is the same as yours. This game doesn't explain what to do. In an age way before modernized MMOs, this game made you explore on what to do. It's a dying breed. Like me, I went back to FFXIV and finally canceled my subscription to FFXI. Even as it pains me, FFXI is a shell of it's former self and the last of a dying breed.
    While I do play FFXIV, this is a rather cyncial look. There are tons of resources out there. Both players and online resources like ffxiclopedia (more helpful to newcomers) and bgwiki (more helpful to the hardcore that already know their way around). While it is frustrating at times, the sense of exploration that comes from being in an unfamiliar world with people and NPCs that tell you things from the world's perspective is also part of the allure. It's why despite the fact that I play FFXIV, I simply can't let go of FFXI entirely, to this day. It just has a certain... magic to it. Many of us are hoping that one day someone will bring us a game that emulates FFXI's core style, but modernized with today's visuals and a more responsive, slick UI.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by vienne View Post
    Welcome back to FFXI, I'm on the same server as you...Vienner on there though. I'll gladly help you with w/e info you need, its alot easier to just ask things to long time players who know the ropes then having to look everything up
    Do not listen to the bitter people on this forum, FFXI has become a very enjoyable game with alot of content to do and alot more comfort then it used to be.
    that's very helpful.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2