Character
    Cheyrn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

mp recovery beyond lv75

I can pretty much only expect to ever play solo because of my unpredictable schedule. Now that it is ridiculously easy to level with trust and 200exp instead of 12.5exp for incredibly easy prey, I find that it is still tiring to wait for my blm to recovery mp all the time, with pluto staff and mp recovery + on almost everything when healing. With RDM at lvl99 there is only down time after atypical situations. Does blm get to have significantly faster mp recovery once I have item level gear?
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by cheyrn View Post
    I can pretty much only expect to ever play solo because of my unpredictable schedule. Now that it is ridiculously easy to level with trust and 200exp instead of 12.5exp for incredibly easy prey, I find that it is still tiring to wait for my blm to recovery mp all the time, with pluto staff and mp recovery + on almost everything when healing. With RDM at lvl99 there is only down time after atypical situations. Does blm get to have significantly faster mp recovery once I have item level gear?
    Well actually yes, they can recover mp quickier even with the use of a refresh bonus depending on the type of I-Level gears chosen by the wearer and let other players further comment on this with their info as well.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    AF1 reforged body for BLM, never run outta MP again.
    (3)

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Af1 body requires lvl 99 to equip. beofre that i suggest to unlock the staff WS Myrkr. Since BLM also has occult acumen Jobtrait that way you can convert your TP into MP
    (1)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I find the best way to recover MP is not to spend it in the first place. I'm assuming you came back semi-recently, they made a change a while back that modified the lower tier spells (can be found here http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Version-Update ) Give spamming lower tier spells a try rather than just using your highest level nukes. You'll kill a little slower, but use VASTLY less MP and thus require less downtime. While probably not perfect, what I've tended to do when leveling my BLM is use tier I nukes as my bread and butter, using higher tier nukes to open against foes if I have a surplus of MP.

In addition, try using the moogle trust if you have it, trusts that can use refresh of some kind (If you don't have a RDM trust that can cast refresh, you can grab juices from curio vendor moogles if you've progressed in Rhapsodies of Vana'diel. Joachim and Ulmia for bard songs and Qultada for corsair rolls are also useful). /SCH can also be useful for Dark Arts to reduce cost by 10%, Parsimony to reduce the cost of higher tier nukes, and sublimation as another way to replace Refresh.
    (1)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I rarely run out of MP anymore.
    With Refresh from /rdm, or refresh II from a rdm in party normally, bardsongs, etc...
    and almost never using more than a tier 3 unless there is a 3-4 stage light/darkness to MB off of, I am a spell casting machine
    So don't worry about MP that much, you will not have problems later on.
    (0)