Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Dimidiation Does not Count for Inheritance

For the quest Inheritance, The ws Dimidiation does not count for creating a skillchain! or even for opening! I just wasted a day attempting to complete the quest using this ws. please allow it to work for those who try to unlock it in the future.

Now that im not so flustered more detailed account.

Details:
    Attempting to break the latent on Sword of Trials, to complete the quest Inheritance, I used Dimidation as it produces a light skill chain when paired with itself. This however failed break the latent or impact the weaponskill points needed at all, I performed well over 50 Light skillchains. after talking with my ls i decided to switch to Hard Slash and repeated for 300 weaponskill points checking after every 5 ws to see if the latent had broken, it finally broke when i reached the 300 point mark as if i had not done a single ws before starting the hard slash spamming. This to me shows that Dimidation does not count for weaponskill points i believe it to be a small over sight that it was not added to the list when it was created i have not tested it yet but i would think this same bug exists on the GEO ws Exudation

Steps:
    Perform Dimidiation followed by Dimidation to create light repeat 50 times Latent fails to break. Perform Dimidiation repeat 300 times Latent fails to break

Gearset:
    main= Sword of Trials
    sub= Alber Strap
    ammo= Ginsen
    head= Skormoth Mask
    body= Adhemar Jacket
    hands= Erilaz Gauntlets +1
    legs= Taeon Tights
    feet= Erilaz Greaves +1
    neck= Asperity Necklace
    waist= Windbuffet Belt
    left ear= Steelflash Earring
    right ear= Bladeborn Earring
    left ring= Rajas Ring
    right ring= Epona's Ring
    back= Evasionist's Cape

Job:
    RUN99/SAM49

Date and Time:
    Dec 25th to Dec 30 2015

Frequency:
    Always

Platform:
    PC

PC Manufacturer & Model Number:
    Custom built

Operating system:
    Windows 10

ISP:
    Comcast

Type of Internet Connection:
    Cable
    (0)
    Last edited by Tesahade; 12-31-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So you're saying you cannot perform skillchains with it? Or is this something specific to earning WS points? Did you have the trial weapon equipped?
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    So you're saying you cannot perform skillchains with it? Or is this something specific to earning WS points? Did you have the trial weapon equipped?
    Lights made with Dimidiation or even just the WS Dimidiation do not count for WS points for the trial weapon Sword of Trials. the latent did not break after what should have been 300 points and then did break after 300 Hard Slashs showing that not one Dimidiation counted toward WS points

Made the OP more detailed and a better bug report now
    (0)
    Last edited by Tesahade; 12-31-2015 at 01:51 AM.

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Just a heads up, you need to update what mob you were fighting and what location you were fighting in when you were using Dimidiation.
    (0)