Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Nashred
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Returning player from FFXIV.

I played FFXIV since beta..Yea 0-50 was great on FFXIV... END game was fun in the beginning because you knew the game was new so there was little content so you didn't mind doing the same thing over and over. It is not new anymore and there was a expansion and there is still nothing new. It is cookie cutter dungeons with 3 bosses and trash in between. I feel like the only thing to do in the game is run for tomes to get new gear and the minute you do there is new gear and new tomes. Blah. Boring. The game does not suffer from lack of content, it is updated all the time, it just suffers from lack of different content. After 2 years it is enough So I decided to come back for a while and at least finish the ending story and try to get some of the other stuff I have not completed done.

So the one thing in FFXIV was the relic. ok you work your but off for it and then they just end it and have some quested gear that is better.
    So now they have a new relic but it is garbage it is like 180 when the current gear is is 210.. WTH Then you bust your but to get it to 210 and they already announced gear that is better in the next update.. The relic should be the best gear in the game... Nothing gear wise is good for more than a few weeks, you never get to enjoy the gear. I mean in FFXI I have gear from 50's that is still good.. That was the final thing for me.

The games does have some good stuff.. Crafting and gathering is better, way better..

The more I play FFXI again the more it feels like it needs a face lift.. Yesterday I was trying to compare gear lol and you cant. The whole interface is clunky.
    If they moved FFXI to FFXIV engine it would be sweet.

Anyway I am back, Even though the game now feels a little old and clunky and allot of the areas I used to enjoy are dead. I am still having more fun in FFXI. There is just such a variation of stuff to do..

I just wish SE had a upgrade path that fit the FFXI players before closing it down. FFXIV is not it..
    (2)
    Last edited by Nashred; 12-23-2015 at 09:53 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I just wish SE had a upgrade path that fit the FFXI players before closing it down.
    FFXI isn't closing down. In fact they just announced new content that nobody was expecting.

Sadly it probably won't ever get the makeover it deserves, but at least we know it will continue to exist and receive updates.
    (0)

Character
    Nashred
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    FFXI isn't closing down. In fact they just announced new content that nobody was expecting.

Sadly it probably won't ever get the makeover it deserves, but at least we know it will continue to exist and receive updates.
    I was surprised too. But it really does not sound like much and for how long?
    I suppose that depends how long people stick around. FFXI got a pretty good shot in the arm from FFXIV people getting sick of the same old stuff and the new relic being horrible. Maybe that is why the change of heart.. But with little content and charging full fees I see some people leaving.. Cutting out xbox is going to hurt, some will get pc's.
    (0)

No one is forcing you or anyone else to obtain the Anima weapons. I'm in no rush to get them. I came back to FFXI just to mess around, but got bored and went back to FFXIV. FFXI is a shell of its former self.
    (0)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't understand why people don't realize that FFXI itself has many cookie cutter designs in not only their battle systems but their enemy designs, etc.

It's similar to many other MMOs in that regard.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashred View Post
    I was surprised too. But it really does not sound like much and for how long?
    I suppose that depends how long people stick around. FFXI got a pretty good shot in the arm from FFXIV people getting sick of the same old stuff and the new relic being horrible. Maybe that is why the change of heart.. But with little content and charging full fees I see some people leaving.. Cutting out xbox is going to hurt, some will get pc's.
    Today you can probably get a PC at a garage sale that will run FFXI. People only aren't going to switch if they weren't very invested already to begin with.
    (0)

Character
    Nashred
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraku_Diabolos View Post
    No one is forcing you or anyone else to obtain the Anima weapons. I'm in no rush to get them. I came back to FFXI just to mess around, but got bored and went back to FFXIV. FFXI is a shell of its former self.
    Your right no one is forcing me to do it that is why I went back to ffxi. You are also right FFXI aint even close to the game it was before. But like I said I am tired of doing the same thing for two years or more running cookie cutter recycled dungeons for tomes. By now you would think they would have something new. Maybe one day I will go back to or maybe not..

Funny How I am getting bashed by people for going back to FFXI and stating why I left FFXIV. It is my opinion and how I feel. You like FFXIV and that is fine by me.. But I do not understand why people are telling me I should like FFXIV. I do not like vertical progression. I didn't come to argue about FFXIV, I came to talk about FFXI.
    (5)
    Last edited by Nashred; 12-24-2015 at 11:31 AM.

I mean, I literally don't feel any sense of nostalgia when playing FFXI. I came back for a month, but the game just feels so clunky and old. It looks horrible on my gaming desktop. I just cannot get into this game like I did in the past. I do not tend to run to endgame on any of the games I play because I know that I will be bored with having to wait for new content to do. That's why I'm not bored in FFXIV. I feel bored with FFXI because there is no incentive anymore. I mean, the game would be a big help if it told you how to do things or where to go. When I first started FFXI, I spent so much time wandering Vana'diel that I literally DID NOT understand what to do with the game. There is no guidance or anything to give you clear objectives.
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So you need your hand being held all the time to play games? Sad how gamers have become, yet you say this game is a former shell of itself lol.
    (4)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    people are different, I lost the love for xiv last year while doing leviathan multiple times, it just hit me, every fight felt the same, every new dungeon felt the same as the last, it's a very pretty game, just not for me. I never thought I'd come back to XI, my original reaction was how bad it looked, but the more I played, the more I realised how much I missed it.

It's such a special game, the lore, the history, the open world gameplay, I don't think it will ever be repeated

I guess i want a game i can play in relaxed mode, I'm in no rush to do the latest thing, XI offers this, I don't want everything to be outdated every couple of months
    (5)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast