Character
    Leara
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Suggestion: Trial Of The Magians Weapons Level 109/119

Heya

I don't know about you guys but I have currently got some Trial Of The Magians weapons sitting in my mog safes doing nothing. Wouldn't it be nice if we can do 2 more trials for each weapon to get them up to equivalent of Item Level 109 & 119 with a little more kick to them, depending on which weapon you went for originally. For example, the summon staves can have perp cost -10 & Blood pact dmg +1000 or TP bonus+2500 for 109 & TP Bonus+5000 for 119. All weapons having the usual stats enhancements of item level 109/119, of course. The trials themselves should be ones like do blood pact dmg 500 times, etc. It'll take time but very beneficial in the end.

What do you guys think?

Richard
    (2)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by RichLester View Post
    Heya

I don't know about you guys but I have currently got some Trial Of The Magians weapons sitting in my mog safes doing nothing. Wouldn't it be nice if we can do 2 more trials for each weapon to get them up to equivalent of Item Level 109 & 119 with a little more kick to them, depending on which weapon you went for originally. For example, the summon staves can have perp cost -10 & Blood pact dmg +1000 or TP bonus+2500 for 109 & TP Bonus+5000 for 119. All weapons having the usual stats enhancements of item level 109/119, of course. The trials themselves should be ones like do blood pact dmg 500 times, etc. It'll take time but very beneficial in the end.

What do you guys think?

Richard
    think they maybe already mentioning this somewhat with the empyrean weapons, No?
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    They've already said they have no plans for this before. There are several hundred magian weapons out there, it would require a large amount of developer work to make iLevel versions of them and only a few of them would ever get made.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by RalphTheGalka View Post
    They've already said they have no plans for this before.
    They haven't, at least not on the forums. There's been very little mention of the Magian system since item level gear has been released.

Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/se...rchid=17751724
    (0)

Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    i do remember a post sometime ago saying it was a different team that oversaw the magian development, and would lay in the hands of that team to make changes. As everything has been pretty much downscaled you'd probably see this on the extremely low priority list next to monstrosity
    (0)
    Last edited by Afin; 12-23-2015 at 08:20 PM.

I'm pretty sure Grekumah has said before there were no plans to make trial weapons ilvl. And with all the options for augmented weapons available I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Leara
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well, I thought it would be good to get absolute confirmation of this before I start dumping my old ones to make space as I never know whether SE will bring these in down the line but I do agree, it is very low priority. It's just annoying I took so long getting some of these up & dumping them (like people complaining about R/E/M).

I was originally thinking of specifics, like the summon staves being powerful enough to bring them in-line with BST currently (Avatar Level +5/+10, pdt/mdt-75%, Atk/Acc+50, Blood Pact dmg+2000 maybe), Occ attack 6-10 times, TP Bonus+5000 will allow people to do 2 hits then a weapon skill. Mag Atk Bonus +300. For dual-wielding, these may be handy as an interesting boost to combat.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Rich, the SMN mythic has less +Avatar Level than that.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by RichLester View Post
    Well, I thought it would be good to get absolute confirmation of this before I start dumping my old ones to make space as I never know whether SE will bring these in down the line but I do agree, it is very low priority. It's just annoying I took so long getting some of these up & dumping them (like people complaining about R/E/M).

I was originally thinking of specifics, like the summon staves being powerful enough to bring them in-line with BST currently (Avatar Level +5/+10, pdt/mdt-75%, Atk/Acc+50, Blood Pact dmg+2000 maybe), Occ attack 6-10 times, TP Bonus+5000 will allow people to do 2 hits then a weapon skill. Mag Atk Bonus +300. For dual-wielding, these may be handy as an interesting boost to combat.
    The official answer was given on the forum back in 2013 when they introduced iLevel equipment, that Trial of the Magians wouldn't be expanded to upgrade items to that level. Trial of the Magians is deprecated and no longer updated to have any new equipment or trials. Adoulin obsoleted it and the staff that was maintaining it are gone. It's also very clunky with how many branching paths they made.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    The official answer was given on the forum back in 2013 when they introduced iLevel equipment, that Trial of the Magians wouldn't be expanded to upgrade items to that level.
    Would you be so kind as to source this statement?
    (0)