Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Level 4 Skillchains for Pets, Automatons, and Avatars

It wasn't til just recently that Summoners were allowed to Skillchain with their Level 70 Blood Pacts, Beast Masters were granted Skillchain properties to their Sic and Ready abilities, And Puppetmaster has always had the ability to do so. However, none of these jobs received any "Pet" specific Merit Point Weapon Skills through the Martial Mastery quest. So this is going to omit us all from the ability to creating Level 4 Skillchains with our pets. Okay, so BST and PUP can still use their main weapons, but me as a SMN, I feel left out because I rarely have the opportunity to use Shattersoul. This is due to the obvious fact that I'm not meleeing up close with my staff and because I swap staves and because I don't have an Occult Accumen ability like Black Mages and Scholars. So please clear my doubts Grekumah and tell me that there are no plans to add level 4 Skillchains to any pet.
    (3)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Wholeheartedly agree. SE really need to start creating special weapons with consideration for the jobs that are going to use them. The new weapons were a complete disappointment for me - I have so little use for any of the new weapons that my jobs can use, SMN included. Not everyone plays physical DD, nor does everyone want to.

I'm not sure if it's a spectacular lack of insight into the jobs they have created or stubborn lack of creativity? We should definitely be asking for something better.
    (0)

Aeonic weapon ultimate skillchains are intended to be used only by the master wielding the weapon, and there are currently no plans to add these elemental properties to pets.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah but why? I thought we learned the lesson of making legendary weapons that are highly melee centric is a bad idea for mages and to an extent pet jobs
    (1)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hey Grekumah, could we get an explanation as to why this is so?
    Due to this, the Aeonic weapons are essentially useless to mage and certain pet jobs. Those jobs do not engage in melee range for any relative content and therefore there is no point to having an Aeonic weapon for those jobs - unless they offer some sort of other bonus?
    (1)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    That's like special weapons only granting powerful bonuses when the player exclusively uses Flat Blade. It's effectively useless.

Like it or not, most pet jobs use their pets as their primary form of damage or utility. Our pets are our equivalent of a melee job's weaponskills. Restricting special properties from pets is identical in every respect to restricting special properties from useful weaponskills. It makes them absolutely useless.

I will not be building an aeonic weapon for my jobs because they receive precisely zero benefit from them in all normal circumstances. That is bad design.

Consider another parallel - special weapons for melee jobs that activate when the user restores another player's HP. I'm sure there are niche uses for small-group messing around, but realistically? Useless, and not what melee jobs signed up for. Bad design. The same design.
    (0)