Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Bladedave
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Job Guessing-Wessing Booth Help

Wasn't sure where to post this question. But I am trying to to do the Job Guessing-Wessing Booth. Anyone got any tips? The instructions to me make half sense, its the 2nd half I'm not sure am getting. - 'if you guess correct you score. Critical Hit (CH). If you are wrong, but there's another Taru with the same job you will score a hit (h).'
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladedave View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post this question. But I am trying to to do the Job Guessing-Wessing Booth. Anyone got any tips? The instructions to me make half sense, its the 2nd half I'm not sure am getting. - 'if you guess correct you score. Critical Hit (CH). If you are wrong, but there's another Taru with the same job you will score a hit (h).'
    Yeah this one game baffled me with endless huge amounts of frustration in the previous years from actually getting any wins at all with this game and the offered mastermind tool linked into wiki's ffxiclopedia guide doesn't help me one bit but just leaves me even more confused and I hope we both get answers to wining this game for once or continually for once. It's something like if you guess correct jobs in correct order with them being in the correct spot you get {CT}>critical hit) if you guessed the right jobs but not sitting in the right spots you get a {H}>Hit) and thus have to finagle them all around til you have figured out which jobs are in the wrong spot til there in the right spot as fars I Know it. ;:-.-:;
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 12-21-2015 at 01:33 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Bladedave
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Thank you so much for your reply! you explanation is far better than the one SE gives. Reading this and then trying again, I got 0(CH)/4(H) on first guess and won after 4 guesses!
    (0)

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladedave View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply! you explanation is far better than the one SE gives. Reading this and then trying again, I got 0(CH)/4(H) on first guess and won after 4 guesses!
    Well, I haven't won one game yet to date on any of the tries I've took to do this one job placement guessing game and I've had full four critical hits with 0 plain hits remaining on the 5th try and thought it should've said i've won with all max four npc's on hard mode with my blondelle character but Alas i'm baffled it kept going with the next try again over and over until I hit the 10th try while keeping what I had on the 6th full crit-{CH} try with bst, whm, mnk, mnk, war upon it ending thinking it might finally say you did it but after 10th try ending it said it was a failure and that the jobs were bst, whm, mnk, drk, war, Grrr!! as fars I knew it crit means you have them all exactly right but nope some-how one was still> Grrr-[frustrating} <wrong!~(Just Baffled!!}
    I Remember in a previous year I had 4 Hits-{hits} and 0 Critical Hits-{CH} and still considered a loss now What am I doing wrong with this game!??

So since you seem to of figured it out into actually winning please help out and let me know, because I cant figure out the whole master mind app ordeal and this game itself isn't getting me anywhere completed with at least one win at all. Very explosively Frustrated with this game so yes please help out info as much as anyone can is needed, Thanks!!!!
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 12-22-2015 at 11:44 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

You had 4 critical hits out of 5 characters. That meant that one job was completely wrong, which was you having 2 MNK instead of a MNK and a DRK. Hit means the job is correct, but in the wrong spot. Miss means the job is wrong. You need 5 critical hits to win. It's just a reskinned Mastermind game. It tells you if you have correct entries but in the wrong spot, incorrect entries, or fully correct entries. You're just not understanding a miss condition.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    You had 4 critical hits out of 5 characters. That meant that one job was completely wrong, which was you having 2 MNK instead of a MNK and a DRK. Hit means the job is correct, but in the wrong spot. Miss means the job is wrong. You need 5 critical hits to win. It's just a reskinned Mastermind game. It tells you if you have correct entries but in the wrong spot, incorrect entries, or fully correct entries. You're just not understanding a miss condition.
    so maybe I meant five but thought max was 4, guess i'm wrong?

Also still don't see how the Master Minds App is telling you the jobs you need to and suppose to choose for the win?? compared red pegs..
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 12-22-2015 at 12:07 PM.

It's a logic game. You are told how many correct, but in the wrong place, guesses you have, how many correct and in the right place, and how many are outright wrong. You change the details to deduce which ones are correct, and which ones are not. You have to correctly guess the entire sequence. It's like the face building game in Purble Place in Windows 7, except you may not get feedback on specific parts. The 7-year old in my house understands how to do this sort of logic game, and learned it in about half an hour. Take notes on your attempts and it is easy.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    It's a logic game. You are told how many correct, but in the wrong place, guesses you have, how many correct and in the right place, and how many are outright wrong. You change the details to deduce which ones are correct, and which ones are not. You have to correctly guess the entire sequence. It's like the face building game in Purble Place in Windows 7, except you may not get feedback on specific parts. The 7-year old in my house understands how to do this sort of logic game, and learned it in about half an hour. Take notes on your attempts and it is easy.
    Maybe I'm asking for an much easier way for the win's info because at this point thus far I still lose on the tenth try or by the the time the tenth try is reached and maybe I misspoke I understand how the game itself works for sequence to win but not understanding how I can keep missing the correct order to lose every single time without one single solitary win at all, every year the games been in existence!?<{Too Frustrating!!!}

Now to use the Mastermind Solver app/web-page it asks for white pieces and for red pieces/pegs thus just to check red would be the correct critical hits<{CH} and the white pieces/pegs would be for the normal hits<{H} you've gotten correct on the job guessing game, am I right?

Also I think I get this critical part of the problem solver now but it asks "How many Colors/choices?" and also then this was one the most confusing but it asks "Length of the Secret Code?" as makes your mind ask "what secret code?" because idk any, also makes your mind ask what are they even talking about "A secret code" but anyways as I was saying I think I get it now and both have to be set to number of 5, correct?
    So Length is how many jobs available to chose from or it sets how many max guesses you have from before your first guess to the last one?

Myself, I've never played the game your daughter has played called: Purble Place and have no plans to play or add any more games to my life as well.<-just stating it. ;-)
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 12-23-2015 at 04:09 AM.

Colors = jobs. Length of password = how many entries in the sequence, which should be 5. The Secret Code part comes from Mastermind being a game about determining a secret code encoded as a sequence of colored pegs/marbles, and only receiving feedback on if your code is partially correct or not.

You have a pool of jobs (probably more than 5) and 5 places to put them. The game tells you Hit if a job is correct but in the wrong slot, and Critical Hit if the job is correct and in the right slot. Otherwise you know the job is wron and thus can't be in the right placeg. You only win by successfully deducing the entire sequence. These rules are simple, and you use them to change your guesses, and glean more information from the next guess. It's not too different from solving treasure caskets. You need to play more logic puzzle games if you can't understand a simple game like this.

Purble Place is a Microsoft game built into the install of most Microsoft Windows 7 installations. It is a bunch of childrens' games centering around solving puzzles or memory exercises. One of the games has a creature in a dressing room, with several facial features, and several colors to choose from of each feature. It is another variation on Mastermind, but you can select how may facial features and colors are in the pool. It also gives you more hints, like which specific piece is wrong, rather than just how many you have correct. WIthout specific wrong answers being pointed out, you can limit how many changes you make per guess, which will narrow down which slots are correct and incorrect.
    (0)

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Colors = jobs. Length of password = how many entries in the sequence, which should be 5. The Secret Code part comes from Mastermind being a game about determining a secret code encoded as a sequence of colored pegs/marbles, and only receiving feedback on if your code is partially correct or not.

You have a pool of jobs (probably more than 5) and 5 places to put them. The game tells you Hit if a job is correct but in the wrong slot, and Critical Hit if the job is correct and in the right slot. Otherwise you know the job is wron and thus can't be in the right placeg. You only win by successfully deducing the entire sequence. These rules are simple, and you use them to change your guesses, and glean more information from the next guess. It's not too different from solving treasure caskets. You need to play more logic puzzle games if you can't understand a simple game like this.

Purble Place is a Microsoft game built into the install of most Microsoft Windows 7 installations. It is a bunch of childrens' games centering around solving puzzles or memory exercises. One of the games has a creature in a dressing room, with several facial features, and several colors to choose from of each feature. It is another variation on Mastermind, but you can select how may facial features and colors are in the pool. It also gives you more hints, like which specific piece is wrong, rather than just how many you have correct. WIthout specific wrong answers being pointed out, you can limit how many changes you make per guess, which will narrow down which slots are correct and incorrect.
    Guess I should say: Thanks for trying to help but I found it easier to just drop the whole mastermind solver App thing as it just kept confusing me all the more in its use and I found it a whole lot easier to go without it using my own style in a method to solve it into Finally getting the two wins on my two characters! (-; Now all that's left is to synthesize them with an earth crystal and i'm mostly completely done with this christmas event than!!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast