Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Inundation

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    First thing in case there is misunderstanding. 1.2x is 120% increase, 2.4x is 240%increase, 3.6x is 360% increase
    In the sense that camate could have been explained more clearly, yes, it woulda helped alot, however what your doing is nit picking specifics which have already been researched by players and confirmed by SE themselves.

Below are links to some the forums (I hate researching again things i researched a long time ago and seen first hand)with some pic's of weapon skills and SCs (So you can see for yourself) of the ENGLISH research which if you pay attention and actually read the chat with the pic's and what level the skillchain is at and do the numbers how i have explained before (Dmg + SC multiplier+inundation multiplier) you get the result with some variable's which is normal due to resists,weather,gear, monster level penalty's, etc), (This excludes the japanese research however reflects some japanese research since i found some info during my research today which matchs the english research)

Beware this is only 2 links out of a much larger research section done by players, don't think this amounts to everything everyone knows
    http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46...spell/#3042612
    http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38...ng/85/#3072974

Looking at those pics, doing the math, doing the calculation, you will see the 12.8x mentioned by camate IS the final SC damage resulting from a full set of inundation and SCs

SE has made mistakes on how they have worded things, and on multiple locations i saw themselves correct themselves which is how they worded it only, very few are direct calculation mistakes, and while it can be confusing sometimes.

The main thing to keep in mind is: they confirmed the player data resulting from hours of player researching and calculating data from different sources and different means, even small bits like those 2 pic's along offer so much information.
    What I am "nit picking" is that the numbers don't match up from what was given to basic math regardless of method of calculation. Asking for clarification is in no way harmful to any of us in any way. If the math works the way you think it does, then it does not match up to what was stated, in which case clarification is even more necessary.

Both of the screenshots you linked are explicitly stated to be from only 3-step skillchains. That means the Inundation bonus would be at either 3.6x (if additive like you seem to think it is, and does not mathematically work since 1.2x15 is far beyond the 12.8x stated max) or 1.7x (if multiplicative, which may have been tacitly confirmed by Camate along with the 1.2x value, and which mathematically works.) I really can not come up with any potential formulas you are using to come up with such bizarre numbers. :/ It does seem like you are including other multipliers in your calculations though, which is flat out the wrong thing to do here.

The key point here which I believe you are missing: I am not declaring the stated "value per weapon type" of 1.2x is incorrect. In fact, I've repeatedly stated that it is correct and am basing my calculations on that being true. I am requesting the specific value for the bonus granted by "Inundation" for a 6-step skillchain and questioning why the given max value may be for a 15-step skillchain that is either technically or effectively impossible to perform in-game.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

you know, i was gonna write a whole thing up about it, forget it. you are right, its gotta be cleared up once and for all.gonna start another thread with quote from camate and hopefully SE does something about it in terms of response. support that post or reword it better to help with getting a response
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3