Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

take rdm out if ffxi

Rdm so gimped it not even fun to play...if u don't 'heal''buff''debuff' you can't do anything why bother giving us swords when they are useless? I've got a su2 blurred sword capped merited weapon combined totatal of 646 attack at 868 and defence 863 and that does me no good I can't hit even first their nm's in eachan..I may as well get an onion sword for all the good it does...I don't ask to be super melee but I play solo so I don't do the brd/whm/cor thing...I started the game rdm at least could defend itself now its less than useless...please fix rdm
    (1)

And what other gear, besides the weapon, do you melee in exactly?
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 12-15-2015 at 06:17 PM.

Character
    Daisansha
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by elqplau View Post
    Rdm so gimped it not even fun to play...if u don't 'heal''buff''debuff' you can't do anything why bother giving us swords when they are useless? I've got a su2 blurred sword capped merited weapon combined totatal of 646 attack at 868 and defence 863 and that does me no good I can't hit even first their nm's in eachan..I may as well get an onion sword for all the good it does...I don't ask to be super melee but I play solo so I don't do the brd/whm/cor thing...I started the game rdm at least could defend itself now its less than useless...please fix rdm
    Don't know what RDM you play, but the one I play on is very powerful. With zero buffs, no food, just the plain gear on, I have 974 accuracy and 1,034 attack in my normal TP set. I am almost always taking hate and end up tanking because my swords are swinging at about hundred fists speed. I suggest you work on your gear more. Get a good main hand sword that will do good WS damage (Murgleis, Excalibur, augmented Colada or augmented Claidheamh Soluis) and offhand something like Demersal Degen+1. For your armor, I suggest Taeon augmented with accuracy/attack +20/+20, triple attack+2, and STR/DEX +7/+7. If you can swing it, get Carmine Cuisses +1. Also look into getting Combatant's Torque, Windbuffet Belt +1, Bleating Mantle, Suppanomimi, and Eabani Earring. Get your Job Points up to 1,200 so you have Temper 2 (I have 40% or so Triple Attack with spell + gear). RDM is overly strong right now.... so much so that along with some other jobs (BLU, BST, GEO, PUP, SCH, SMN) I'd say it needs to be nerfed.
    (1)

Character
    Shaduf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    strange you are saying that, RDM is still playing an important part in events game, what set gears do you use?
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Um what you could get stats like that solo before ilvl even came out. Heck defensively I had higher stats like that in my rdm solo/tank set back at 75.

As far as hitting nms go I'd suggest getting a full set of ilvl gear and some of it with acc just like everyone else has to to hit. If you gear up really well you can actually be a super melee. Check out Protey's vids. Guy melee rdm solos all kinds of stuff that most jobs simply can't

Also we have trusts now so you can still be a buffer or a nuker or whatever when solo.
    (0)

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    ATM mostly gear from revives teon/tech can't get to much gear have a hard time even doing wkr
    (0)

Sounds to me, as others say, like a gear problem. Something you'd also have if you were going on a real melee job. (No, not going there)
    If you want to hit things of those levels consistently then you better prepare to suit up, weapons alone aren't enough.

As Daisansha sais, get some Skirmish gear and augment it, replace those SU2 weapons with some proper swords and augment those too.
    (That said, you can skip most of the SU1/2 line, almost none of that gear actually is "Superior")
    He is rather specific about what to get and how to augment it too. Oh, and invest in food.
    Yes, it's going to cost time and likely a lot of gil, if you aren't willing to make that commitment you'll have to make due with only being able to whack the lower tier stuff because the big game isn't made to be defeated that easy.
    (0)

Wait, how are you having acc problems with Taeon gear on (I'm assuming you have a full set properly augmented here), you get so much extra acc from it and other sources I've already forgotten about our B skill rating.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think it's less that they should remove RDM, and more that they should remove melee. Trying to melee anything of a decent level nowadays is just asking for a bad time.
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's definitely a gear problem. With Composure and Gain-DEX up, I have just over 1000 accuracy without food. A bit of my gear is still outdated as well, since I just returned in November but had a lot of help catching up. My Taeon augments aren't the best and my Despair gear isn't finished. With a few changes here and there, I think I could get the accuracy to even hit Apex mobs reliably (Tenzen, however, is being a prick and won't drop Ginsen, for example).

If anything, RDM's melee rather overwhelmed me when I returned. We now have all the best Sword weaponskills without having a sub not-/NIN, have access to melee gear comparable to more dedicated DDs, and have opportunities to make even modest weapons that lend to both melee and spellcasting, such as Vampirism? With the best gear available, I hear it is even possible to just spam weaponskills endless, effectively doing back-to-back Light skillchains. And, because of the job's hybrid skills, we can even magic burst those skillchains, which is entirely the point of skillchains these days.

I think the job is doing pretty good. It just doesn't fit the currently dominant paradigm of SCH, GEO, BST for all pickup events. But players' attitudes are hardly the job's fault.
    (1)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast