Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Astral Cube and places to use it.

Anyone else was excited for the Astral Cube chair? I know I was.

However, my excitement was quickly put off when I realized that, even though this new emote lets us sit literally on anything, our character and the "invisible walls" around things don't quite let us fully exploit this.

I'm talking about the benches in San d'Oria, for example. With the Astral Cube, I had expected I could sit on them. But alas, my character is pushed away from them by their invisible walls, and as a result, using /sitchair 10 will only make me sit in empty air in front of the benches. The same goes for low walls, and MH couches (which, yes, are not ACTUAL couches but, you've got to admit are pretty cool).

For now, all I can do is hurry inside my MH (or my friend's MH), and rush for the couch before it actually loads so I can clip in it and use /sitchair 10 to look like I'm actually sitting on the couch. But this is an exploit that can be used only inside MHs (not on San d'Orian benches, for example), and once you walk away from the couch, you're back in empty-air-sit land.

So I was wondering.. is there any way to help this, Devs? Maybe let us clip through at least furniture (I hate to say it but...), like in FFXIV? Or maybe, change the emote so that we don't sit in the exact place where our character stands, but a little more behind that, I don't know.
    (4)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    :-DDDDD!!!! I never thought of making a "couch" like what you have!

Also the Astral Cube was meant to me used with the Leaf Bench. It's a 3 person couch. The owner sits in the middle and the sides can be walked thru for people to use the cube to look like they are sitting there as well. The Leaf Bench is a prize from this years Starlight Celebration. FFXIclopedia has an updated guide with all the new prizes.
    (0)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Right, I saw that one (after making this post, actually), but there are so many other places we could sit if only we could sit a little further behind where we actually stand..! It just feels like a wasted opportunity, is all.
    (0)

Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjara View Post
    It just feels like a wasted opportunity, is all.
    Welcome to FFXI.
    (1)

Getting straight to the point: we will not be able to make it so the Astral Cube works on all objects throughout Vana’diel.

Addressing this would open up a risk that when a player logs out while sitting on an object and then logs back in, they would be unable to move. We’d also have to redesign the maps throughout the game from scratch if we wanted to address this for only certain locations, which isn’t a realistic task.
    (1)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Aw, all right. Well, thanks for answering still!
    (0)