Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The ability to LFP while soloing with trusts is important.

Trusts are amazing and excellent and I love them. When there's nothing else to do, I hop on Ninja and go kill with trusts, but I prefer to be getting CP/SR on Paladin.

So you end up with two choices, you sit and watch/hope for shouts, or you skip them and go out and solo.

Can you make it so that if a person is soloing with their trusts, they can still LFP? They wouldn't actually be able to accept until they dismiss all their trusts, but it might make people seek again.

Every time I /sea all inv, there's 0-2 looking, but Valefor is very low-pop.

I know I sure would be LFG if I could and have trusts out.

Additionally, but less important, would be the ability to seek on a certain job. I'd love to seek as PLD while on another job, but I can just seek /anon and use a search comment.
    (11)

Making it possible to look for a party while you have alter egos summoned or while playing on a different job would be very difficult. This is something that must be addressed on the server-side programming. The challenge for implementing a system like this is very high at the moment.
    (1)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Shyles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    There is actually already a way to broadcast to other players that you are looking for a party while having trusts out, but no one uses it and it's not exactly intuitive.

If you go to the Search Menu update your comment (/seacom), your name will show up under the the EXP Party menu. However, the menu options are SEVERELY outdated for current game content, and the search is only zone-wide by default instead of searching all zones. If the Dev team revamped or at least updated the search menu, it could be incredibly useful not just for forming parties for events, but also trade. *hint: please fix it SE*

Info about the Search Menu from when it was actually somewhat used:
    http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/T...earch_Comments
    (1)

Is there any reason at all that I can still only send a maximum of 1mil gil, between my own d**n account?

It makes moving gil from a mule to main and vice versa really stupid.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Is there any reason at all that I can still only send a maximum of 1mil gil, between my own d**n account?

It makes moving gil from a mule to main and vice versa really stupid.
    Probably not so much anymore, but there was good reason for it back when RMT were still prevalent in the game. Multiple characters were commonly used to spread gil around to make it seem less illicit.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So, I haven't used the LFP system since... 2011? Do you actually think it's an issue? Even back then people didn't know what the hell a /seacom was lol. I'm pretty sure no one since 2006~ has known what a /seacom was.

It's been shouts and only shouts for at least 5 years (for non-linkshell events).

As the gil transfers... why are you using mules for more than crafting and storing garbage?
    (1)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    So, I haven't used the LFP system since... 2011? Do you actually think it's an issue? Even back then people didn't know what the hell a /seacom was lol. I'm pretty sure no one since 2006~ has known what a /seacom was.

It's been shouts and only shouts for at least 5 years (for non-linkshell events).

As the gil transfers... why are you using mules for more than crafting and storing garbage?
    True.

The LFP system went out of style a long time ago. If the OP is looking for a solution to his inability to find parties this isn't it.
    (0)

I fully believe this could have a substantial impact on finding parties for endgame content.

Back in the day, when you shouted for something, you also did /sea all [desired job] inv to see if anyone was seeking for it, and among those seeking (if at level cap), you looked for names you were familiar with.

I kind-of watch FFXIAH for shouts/yells and will join a group if I see one forming and what happens? We sit there while the leader shouts and shouts for more which can take a very long time because most of the people in town are afk, the people playing the game cannot see /yells.

Now idk what Quetz is like, but I do know what Valefor is like, and 700 during NA-day is nearly unheard of.

I know very well how to use the /seacom system, but most people don't.

If I could seek while in a party with my trusts, I would seek and have a seacom like

{Paladin} {Aegis} {Ochain}
    {Goemancer} 900 Skill
    SR {Can I have it?}

But a seacom by itself, without a flag, gets noone's attention.
    (0)

Who doesn't know how to seacom these days? It's just that people don't really expect to be asked to join exp etc parties anymore... like ever. Seriously, who flags up anymore? People do that?

Granted I don't really form parties anymore since I am a stinking casual and there is no place for me in endgame, but I thought that it was shouts all the way these days.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

That's the point ;_;.

People /yell in town, reaching the zones that /yell reaches. Noone seeks because you're either afk in town, shouting in town, or out doing something with friends/trusts.

The whole point of this thread is that if you're just soloing with trusts, you should be able to flag up. The very reason noone does it is because doing it stops you from doing other things.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast