Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Final Fantasy XI Future love!

Oki this might seem silly but please SquareEnix, dont bury FFXI so it never can be played again in the future, even if it means 10-20 years into the future.

Please dont let it be buried & forgotten.

With the "trust" companion system in place is praticly a single-player game,
    so why not someday in the future re-release a "Single-player, non-online" version
    of it so maybe i can replay it again someday, not having to rely on monthly subscribtion and online functions.

I know its kinda sad that its former glory have withered abit but its still an amazing game wether you play it on your own or with friends.

Just the tought of maybe someday never be able to play it again, makes me very
    sad and im having a hard time letting go of FFXI, so please consider my request!

from a huge Final Fantasy fan and a vana'diel'an !

no matter what you... thank you for all the amazing time i spent in this wonderful world of vana'diel !
    (7)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I was actually discussing this with another returning player today and agreed that it would be a real shame for the world of Final Fantasy XI to never be visited again upon server close. And the personal conclusion I came to is that, eventually, the game will be revisited in some sort of single player iteration. Or a version that can be played with two-to-four friends locally. That's just what Square Enix does. What are we at? Like seven or eight different versions of Final Fantasy IV?

The only downside is...well...think of how long people have waited for the Final Fantasy VII remake.
    (3)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They plan to keep service going for the forseeable future. But even if something happens to PC, the mobile version could potentially live on, not that it's much consolation to any of us.

But no matter what other game I play, there's always going to be a special place for FFXI for me. So it better stay up!
    (1)

An offline version would effectively be a new game with the amount of coding they would have to do, as the server is actually multiple servers (with zones in the same world divided between several servers), and there's so much that is running all the time like Beseiged, Campaign, airship schedules and such. The client doesn't do any calculations of what monsters are doing or what events are going on, so the client would have to be rebuilt to do what a server does, and everything in the game would have to be rebalanced so a single player could affect them (Colonization, Conquest, and Campaign are really difficult for a single player to even affect a single zone). They'd also have to eliminate or revamp some systems entirely (Ballista/Brenner don't work if there's nobody else to play against). It's not going to happen if they weren't willing to spend the budget to update the PC client instead of just restarting the game as a mobile application.

I have never heard of any MMO being remade to be an offline game.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Player
    I just have to ask:

What's the motivation to keep playing FFXI? I've been asking me that for a couple of days if not weeks. At least in Fenrir there's a lack of groups going on. When you try to do new stuff like Reisenjima NMs, Escha NMs or similar there's no people to do it. You can maybe do some if you have the right jobs/trusts but don't expect to get really far with it. Adding to that the feeling that now FFXI is going to get stuck, that it won't grow anymore is kinda saddening.

I love FFXI, it's been part of my gaming life for a very long time. If this game was redone for a single player experience I wouldn't hesitate to get into it. But for now I think some of us are considering stopping.
    (1)

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    A single player version of XI would be amazing. I absolutely loved 12 due to that reason, wanting a non mmo version of 11. The ground work is laid out in a sense for XI to make that jump but I'm sure a lot would have to change systematic wise or they might have to drop content. The only thing I didn't like on 12 was that once you beat an elite mark you couldn't fight it again if you wanted. If they were to port XI over I would like to see them keep the spawning features of NMs and bosses.
    (1)

Player
    My hope would be that Square allow private servers to continue, my fear would be that they would see that as competition for their other titles.

So who knows.
    (1)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    I just have to ask:

What's the motivation to keep playing FFXI? I've been asking me that for a couple of days if not weeks. At least in Fenrir there's a lack of groups going on. When you try to do new stuff like Reisenjima NMs, Escha NMs or similar there's no people to do it. You can maybe do some if you have the right jobs/trusts but don't expect to get really far with it. Adding to that the feeling that now FFXI is going to get stuck, that it won't grow anymore is kinda saddening.
    That's the problem on Siren too and you can only get so far solo, depending on your job (pretty much only escha zi'tah t1s and not even all of them) and the rare times someone's actually doing content, they either limit it to only geo/cor/bst or they expect you to have the best of the best gear... which apparently you can get when no one does content? :/

XI was great after coming back from a year break, but in the last two months or so, it's kind of crapping out now. Due to missing all the things like Delve etc, it's hard to get some of those few accuracy pieces and even with almost full i119 (just missing pants), you're still only sitting at about 910-930, it's kind of a let down when anything above 119, you just can't hit for crap. There's also only so many times a person can solo a high tier bcnm on easy/normal (due to acc / RNG killing you) and never seeing a single drop. All that nice gear from escha ru'aun or reisenjima? LOL good luck getting that, no one's interested in doing it or you can't hit anything due to no one doing anything but the newest of the new content :/
    (0)
    Last edited by Obysuca; 12-09-2015 at 05:17 AM.

Character
    Nashred
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I wish SE would move FFXI to FFXIV engine and just revamp the game. They really have not left a upgrade path for FFXI players which are different from FFXIV players. FFXIV is not a game for FfXI players even though I am guessing that is what SE wants, it is totally a different game, I tried it for a while. I just can not believe they would just let all these FFXI players go with nothing for them to do... One by one they will slowly leave FFXI and it will slowly die..

I just can not believe Se would not have something for the dedicated FFXI players. It is a substantial base to loose. Some app game will not cut it.. It might give a little to do but it is not a mmo..

There will always be those that stay as long as the servers stay up because they know nothing else and it has been their lives for ever. It has been a very big part of my life and I wish they would do something to bring the game back.

I also would rather they end the game for everyone with a bang, fireworks, parades and a count down till the servers go dark. It is better than a slow death.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashred View Post
    I wish SE would move FFXI to FFXIV engine and just revamp the game. They really have not left a upgrade path for FFXI players which are different from FFXIV players. FFXIV is not a game for FfXI players even though I am guessing that is what SE wants, it is totally a different game, I tried it for a while. I just can not believe they would just let all these FFXI players go with nothing for them to do... One by one they will slowly leave FFXI and it will slowly die..

I just can not believe Se would not have something for the dedicated FFXI players. It is a substantial base to loose. Some app game will not cut it.. It might give a little to do but it is not a mmo..

There will always be those that stay as long as the servers stay up because they know nothing else and it has been their lives for ever. It has been a very big part of my life and I wish they would do something to bring the game back.

I also would rather they end the game for everyone with a bang, fireworks, parades and a count down till the servers go dark. It is better than a slow death.
    They won't do a visual remaster/rerelease because it would probably not bring them enough money to be worth the cost. I'm fairly sure they commented on something like this at the original announcement of future plans for the game (where console support ending was announced).

The current dedicated FFXI players is not a large enough playerbase to justify something like this.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast