Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashred View Post
    Really a game a game 15 years newer would have better and more character models? Really imagine that. But I guess that is why making a new FFXI with the FFXIV engine would make sense!
    Don't touch FFXIV's new engine... ever. Gear/hair clippings are no better than FFXI's gear we have and most of Miqo'te don't look as good as Mithra.
    If they drop the PS3 limitations then maybe.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Don't touch FFXIV's new engine... ever. Gear/hair clippings are no better than FFXI's gear we have and most of Miqo'te don't look as good as Mithra.
    If they drop the PS3 limitations then maybe.
    That's being super nitpicky. No 3D game is immune to clipping issues, FFXI doesn't have a lot but that's because the models are simpler, there's fewer of them, and the races are more similar than most games, minimizing the possibility of race/size specific issues. As you turn the detail up and introduce more complexity, clipping is almost inevitable. Also FFXI is rather cape- and longhair-free, so that minimizes issues as well. People asked for long hairstyles, the team said there would likely be unavoidable clipping issuesm and of course when they were put in the game people complained about the clipping.

Your opinion of miqotes and mithra is completely subjective, although frankly I don't like either of them and don't understand people's (or rather, men's) obsession with cat people. You could remove them from both games and they'd be better for it in my not-so-humble opinion

Finally, PS3 has nothing to do with why there is any clipping. Dropping the PS3 (which will actually happen eventually, possibly following the second expansion to XIV) wouldn't change it for better or worse.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-28-2015 at 07:15 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ha, my point is I just like the way the game we have now like how my friends love to play Diablo 2 in 2015. If they are really going to make another FFXI with FFXIV engine then please please please keep the duty finder out of it. FFXI is good for what it is without fast leveling and many useless junkies. Party finder can work fine for everything even though I think trusts can be a smart thing for exp parties and stuff. If we can't find a healer to join our exp party then we can summon a healer and let it a healing machine.

Other than that, I see more Japanese are still playing it which is a good thing I think because SE isn't going to shut down the servers any time soon that are located in Japan.
    (0)

I just want to add that "Servers" can be simulated so i dont see an "Offline" version of FFXI an impossibility.

What i really meant with my OP, was that this would be the first of any FF online game...someday that might just be completly
    unplayable / unavailable since its an "Online game" only, and therefore never to be played again (sometime in the future)
    The first FF game to actually die?... that dosent sit to well in my book.

Games like the FF genre are legendary games & should never be forgotten or to be unplayable one day.
    The android version of FFXI... w/e its called will never stand up to the original FFXI monster that we all love.

Remakes / re-releases of older FF games proves how much we love the FF games, and why they should last for generations to come.
    FFXI & FFXIV should not be any diffrent, just because they are online games.

FFXI could use an updated gfx patch etc... in the future, and if not by SE....well...maybe the community.

anyhoo...

Much <3 FFXI !

- No0my
    (2)

Player
    I agree that my main worry is that one day we won't be able to play FFXI anymore.
    I have pretty much all FF games and I can go back and play each and any of them whenever I want to and it makes me very sad to think that this might not be an option for FFXI, the game I spent the most time on.
    The mobile version will never be or replace the FFXI that we know and there needs to be a way to give us access to the game even when the servers will be closed.
    (0)

Player
    If they put the horrible xiv engine into xi the game would lose most of the players it has.
    (0)

Character
    Avina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 85
    For what it's worth, though--it doesn't seem like Heavensward performed nearly as well as SE had hoped (since it really just introduced more of the same kinds of grinds), whereas RoV seems to have overperformed. Hence, why I think we're getting all this new battle and story content through 2016 (which a year ago in March, pretty much was nonexistent).

I definitely worry about the long term future of XI, but at the very least, we have some good news for the foreseeable future. And based on Yoshi-P's announcements regarding criticism towards his approach to XIV (which has primarily been "whatever, we're staying on this path") I think there will be more players turning their eyes back to XI as XIV continues to just churn out the same stuff.
    (4)

Character
    Duranthis
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    A lot of love has been put into this game between the Devs and the Players for the 11+ years it's been around. I think if some way some how SE upgraded the graphics to FFXIV levels, and added one final expansion (that I tried to suggest quite a while ago), this game could definitely squeeze another 10+ years online.

I know I will definitely mourn when they close the servers and don't release a single player offline version of this game. When PSU shut down I was still playing (and still do) their offline "story" mode. Only problem was when they closed down the servers they didn't release the final episode 3 that was only available online and left the game unfinished.

FFXI has way too much story to go through to leave unfinished when the servers close. Top that off with the massive amount of different quests available for each area/nation etc.
    (0)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I will continue to play to FFXI forever if servers stay up and updates continue!! (I even imagine myself still playing FFXI even in 20 or 30 years, why not...) , and if a day official server come down ill play on private server if that needed, but i will never play this game as an Off Line game. (Exept if it's a completly new game that only keep the map of FFXI with new story and NPC, so, not at all the same game)

Personnaly my only pleasure in this game is the social part and play with real life bro!
    (1)
    Last edited by Hercule; 02-28-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashred View Post
    They could do a new mmo based on FFXI with the FFXIV engine.. There are allot of people playing FFXIV now that would love to go back to a new FFXI plus all the existing FFXI players and those that have left because the game changed over the years... Doing FFXI as a new mmo would also bring in some new blood/players. I know I would play it, FFXIV has some cool stuff in it but it is missing allot of what FFXI is and how you progress, it is not the same game. It is way to casual for FFXI player base.
    You don't seem to see the elephant in the room so let me help you.

FFXIV is the flag shop mmo for Square, they are not going to boost FFXI which will 100% guarantee sub losses in XIV just to bring them to XI. Firstly it's not net gain for them because they will stop paying for one game and put the money into another, secondly they want more players on XIV and not more on XI.

Also you have to understand that many of us that still play XI do not like the XIV engine at all, I personally hate it with a passion and if they did change the graphics engine in any way other than upping the quality of the graphics maps I would bail on the game.

"updating" the graphics would the nail in the coffin of this game for many reasons.
    (2)
    Last edited by Pixela; 02-29-2016 at 11:13 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast