Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

[Suggestion] How to reintroduce HNMLS gameplay in FFXI Lv99‏

Hello, so first i'd like to inform you that i'm French and so maybe my English is not going to be perfect, but i decided to post this on English forum since most of the comunity just read the English forum (French inclued).
    This is my point of view about how to reintroduce a challenging, balanced and fair new End Game System deseigned for our new lv 99.
    Of course i'm just here to suggest my ideas and since the forum was made for this, thanks to Square Enix to have make this possible.

How to reintroduce world spawn HNM and HNMLS gameplay in FFXI Lv99‏

1: Reintroducing 6 man party with a new type of "experiences points"
    So there was "Experience points", "Merit points", i think we should introducing a new type of "experience"
    Lets call this new experience pts "Valor points" (its just a random name for the exemple)

-Valor points should only drop from mobs outside abyssea.

-Most of the TOAU zone should be revamped for this since old exp mobs here are useless with Abyssea.

-Theses mobs should be deseigned to be fight from old school 6 man Party.

-Optional idea: 2 type of camp could be reintroducing "easy camp" like was Greater Colibri on lv 75, and advanced camp that require a realy old school setup with a real Tank, healer, black mages, DD, and based on Skillschain/Magic burst to deal real Damages of course with a reward from theses "advanced camp" more "Valor exp" per mobs.

I will explain on what "Valor Points" could be used for, on next section.

2: Reintroducing of World spawn HNM:
    --> New Claim system! When an VHNM will pop, the players will be not able to claim him anymore, he will pop and instant claim a player (with an animation like a stun or something), he will claim a random player in a 50' Yalm range~.
    If there is no player in range when he pop then he turn in a normal NM to claim. (If the claimed player is AFK during 1min after the claim, the NM should come yellow, then as usual, 1st team acting on it get the claim)
    (it should be cool if these new HNM could get a maximum of 4 windows, the time of dead window + 3 windows of 30 min, so a total of 1h30 camping maximum ~ or even a single window "force pop" 23h~(To slowly get a change in the time zone) after time of dead should be ok!).

--> Players will be able to buy "Valor enmity" to an NPC with "Valor points", 1 Valor enmity point will coast XXX Valor points, Players will be able to get a maximum of 50 Valor Enmity points, each Valor Enmity points will increase a little bit the chance that you get claimed from the VHNM when he pop in your range, but even someone with 0/50 Valor Enmity can get the claim over a player with 50/50, luck based, but of course the player with 0/50 have realy poor chance to win the claim.

--> Each player in range when an VHNM pop, will lost a Valor Enmity point even if he dont claim you or your team, if you are already @ 0/50 "Valor Enmity" you will loose nothing.

--> Players should be able to buy some key item "Valor Cell" like the actual VoidWatch Cell, but Key Item version, can only store 1 per type and only buyable from Valor pts to an NPC, then they're will drop from your temporary key item list when you or your team succesfull kill a VHNM, and increase your chance of personal drops/valor pts etc...

--> Any player should be able to join or leave the party after the claim, but only players that was in the party/alliance during the claim will be able to get their Key Item that boost drop rate used when the VHNM die. (without the Key Item the drop rate shoud be realy low for personnal treasure, like a VoidWatch without cell, so better to not change the party setup after claim.

--> No more proc (!!) sytem!!!!, VHNM should be realy tough, a real challenge that need a real teamwork from end game players, the only focus on a VHNM fight should be to kill it before he kill you. AND ONLY THAT.

--> All the drop rate from the VHNM should be boosted on an exponential % based on the diversity of the team. (Extreme exemple: Full alliance with 18 differents jobs = maximum bonus, full ally of 1 same job = minimum bonus).

--> When a VHNM is defeats he should drop a Treasure chest like Voidwatch + a treasure pool.
    - rar/ex items = Personnal Treasure chest.
    - Others items = Party/Alliance Treasure pool.

So this is the idea, I dont ask anyone to agree with all but i think there is some cool new ideas.
    Thanks for reading.

FAQ:

Q:
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Ahhh yes, that way people don't need 20 mules running bots to claim the NM. They can just have 20 mules sitting there.
    Almost everything about this is bad. Don't mean to just pop in and say Booo! without giving and constructive criticism, but there's just way too much wrong here.
    Q:
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    The only way people could avoid it entirely is if it had nothing worth doing it for. In his system, people would just use bots to cap valor points or w/e currency they use for it on 1,000 mule accounts.

Even if no one found a way to cheat, that claim system is almost completely random once everyone has points, meaning people could do it forever and never get the drop no matter how good they are. There seriously is no way to make a cheat free lottery / timed spawn NM system. The whole concept of Timed and lottery spawns is poor. If people want to waste hours / days / weeks camping an NM, Argus still has a good drop. Have fun.
    R: You forgot some points on my system,

Each player in range when an VHNM pop, will lost a Valor Enmity point even if he dont claim you or your team, if you are already @ 0/50 "Valor Enmity" you will loose nothing.
    So this mean the mule with 50/50 Valor pts will lost 1 pts on each pop in her range, if the guy dont go farm new valor point to buy new valor enmity point, his mule will become 0/50 and claim 0,01% of pop over the people with 50/50~, and this should be long to get one enmity valor point (idk maybe 3 hours of exp farm for 1 Valor enmity pts, so this mean about 150 hours of farming for the 50 Valor Enmity pts~ this even should avoid people to camp everyday, and monopolize camp, and made a natural turn over).

And this in the context of 6 man Exp pt mandatory to farm Valor pts, no SMN burn, no leech possible, only a real pt of 6 real guy should be able to farm thoses "Valor exp" properly.

And there is another point i thinked to avoid abusive mule claim:

Any player should be able to join or leave the party after the claim, but only players that was in the party/alliance during the claim will be able to get their Key Item that boost drop rate used when the VHNM die. (without the Key Item the drop rate shoud be realy low for personnal treasure, like a VoidWatch without cell, so better to not change the party setup after claim).
    So this mean what it mean, better not change the setup exept if its vital to get the win.
    (14)
    Last edited by Hercule; 07-10-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Ahhh yes, that way people don't need 20 mules running bots to claim the NM. They can just have 20 mules sitting there.

Almost everything about this is bad. Don't mean to just pop in and say Booo! without giving and constructive criticism, but there's just way too much wrong here.
    (29)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    lets not and say we did, hmns were terrible.
    (29)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sorry, I don't want more world spawn HNMs under any circumstances. Force pop only.

I respect you for coming here with a well written post; but I don't think your idea would work. Anyone could claim the NM with the current level of reliability of bots by just bringing more mules and maxing out their valor enmity or whatever, forcing everyone else to bring as many people as possible (and likely more than necessary to fight) in order to keep the odds fair.

Very few people want to keep traditional 6 man parties for anything other than battlefields/events. For EXP/similar activities, traditional parties tend to exclude many jobs and are very stressful and annoying to form.
    (26)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-28-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    aint nothing good about the good ole days
    (8)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    What i think is FFXI before was a lot of more and huge emotions maker, Joy, excitment, cry, fear, love, hate, jealousy, desire...
    Nowadays its more like a flat game about emotions, there is still some emotions but the magnitude is not the same at all.

FFXI loose his taste day after day, because everyday we got the items we dreamed for too easily, we even can do all in solo/shout run, i realy miss a real LS teamwork

You dont liked FFXI before?? how its possible did you realy remember how it was?!

THERE: http://www.historyfans.com/Sanguo/Ocean/ffxi.html

And about emotions exemple you cant have nowadays, because everything is too easy + too many shout run, too much impersonal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2knPeI-H5x0

I miss that old FFXI
    (4)
    Last edited by Hercule; 12-28-2011 at 05:54 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    FFXI loose his taste day after day, because everyday we got the items we dreamed for too easily, we even can do all in solo/shout run, i realy miss a real LS teamwork
    If we get the items we want too easily, how come I don't have half a dozen fully upgraded mythics/relics/empys? I prefer small tight-knit friend groups to "real LS teamwork" - it rarely ever was, big LS events are rarely the perfect manifestations of teamwork people seem to think they are, and in most MMOs in general, things have been moving away from huge, you-need-40-people-to-win events and more stuff that can be done with smaller groups. Why? because gathering a whole ton of people regularly for events is a huge pain in the butt, even if they all work together well when the event actually does happen. People run late, don't show up, whine about drops, etc. It's a lot more fun to play with a few friends than with a big LS.

What i think is FFXI before was a lot of more and huge emotions maker, Joy, excitment, cry, fear, love, hate, jealousy, desire...
    Uh, all those are still there- especially the negative ones, which have gotten worse. I don't want a "huge emotions maker." I just want to make things go boom. "huge emotions maker" = drama. Nobody likes drama, and if you really think there's less of that, then it's a good thing.
    (9)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Clarity is not the clarity without the dark
    The caress is not the caress without the slap
    Life is not life without death
    Freedom is not freedom without the constraint
    Wealth is not wealth without poverty
    Beauty is not beauty without horror
    The sweetness is not the sweetness without cruelty

Etc...(google autotranslate but you got it imo)
    (0)
    Last edited by Hercule; 12-28-2011 at 06:06 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    Clarity is not the dark without clarity
    The caress is not the caress without the slap
    Life is not life without death
    Freedom is not freedom without the constraint
    Wealth is not wealth without poverty
    Beauty is not beauty without horror
    The sweetness is not the sweetness without cruelty

Etc...
    .... Your point? Are you saying you like drama? I know these are all synonyms for "you can't have the good without the bad." However, you can strengthen the goods and reduce the bads. Strangely, this is what your original suggestion aims to do, but it doesn't do enough to address the problems with world spawn bosses.

The real reason anyone finds the game less fun now than they did then is one simple reason: They've been playing it for years and years, and it's simply gotten old. It's not the design changes, it's not the shift from big LS to small group, it's not any event in particular, it's simply THEY'RE GETTING BORED from playing the same game so long. There isn't much one can do about that except introduce new content.
    (7)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-28-2011 at 06:08 AM.

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I enjoy the new content, but whats the problem if SE re introduce new HNM?? if you dont like it just dont go for it.
    I can tell you that there ia public who like HNM camping and shit, so what the problem to reintroduce this for theses people, no one force you to go camp shit,

Even if SE made new World Spawn HNM thats only drop some cool skin trophee city gear or titles, there is still a public that will going camp it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Hercule; 12-28-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast