Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    1) Yes, it's the top players getting the top gear who are posting these strategies. But you can still -learn- from them. Learn mob strategies, learn what setups work and what kind of abilities are used as gimmicks. Like the eye in Reisenjima having its air spikes proc'd off by Light-aligned WS, or that the Dullahan uses a powerful AoE magic attack at <50%, so you're going to want a good magic tank or ways to resist magic, etc.

2) You do realize that accessories aren't iLvl, right? iLvl only applies to visible slots. This is also the same situation we saw at 75; we saw plenty of lower-level gear getting use. Level 60 Chiv chain, Level 33 PCC, Level 30 Rajas Ring, Woodsman/Sniper Rings, etc. On the matter of accuracy, what axes are you using? What sets are you TPing in? What augments do you have on your Taeon gear, etc? Players had > 1000 accuracy BEFORE Reisenjima, so it's not just the newest gear. Do you have your weapon merits maxed out? Have you worked on getting Gifts for accuracy? Etc.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Lonnan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Let's be honest. There are really only two "strategies" for end game content. You can melee zerg it or you can magic burst it. Some mobs respond better to physical damage while others respond better to magic damage (or are just to dangerous with aoe to try physical damage). The rest of the fight is learning the mobs gimmicks. So if you are arranging a PUG to fight a particular mob you need to first learn is it better to melee or magic. Then figure out its gimmick and make sure you have a job (or jobs) that can exploit/minimize/etc the gimmick. That's how you build a party for every single Escha zone mob. Some of the gimmicks can be annoying to deal with but most can be addressed by adding one or two different jobs (like smn or cor for Caturae fights). If I am doing a new fight and I can't find anything on the wiki (which is really rare) or a video (which is even rarer) I ask my linkshells (you can have 2 on at once) and usually someone has done the fight before and knows the gimmicks. Also remember that HP in Escha scales with party members so if you go in with 10 people you will have a harder fight than if you only had 4 or 5 (trusts don't count).

Lastly, don't forgert vorseals. When I first came back and was trying to solo the Reisenjiima portions of RoV quests, I was missing just about every hit. Without significant upgrades to my PUP gear, but just completing content and the dragon fights, I now hit most of time. Quetz provides an accuracy bonus that can be upgraded based on the number of times you've fought and killed him. The higher end requirements are kind of insane, but there is no reason you can't have the lower tiers done. Sure Quetz will probably kill you, but so long as you contributed in some way to the fight, Quetz dies, and you don't HP before he dies, you get credit for the fight. If you aren't jumping on every single Quetz fight, then you are leaving free acc on the table.
    (1)

Thanks I don't really know much about the newest content since wikis are slow to update... I appreciate folks making suggestions.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Sounds kind of like you need to do some bridging content before jumping into mid tier nms maybe. Like alluvion skirmish still provides best to near BiS for a lot of stuff. If nothing else you use it to just build a reasonably acc set (and great pet sets). Also as a bst you can do a bit more before that focusing on your pet. It should be able to get more acc than you prebuff if not well there is always run wild so that can help greatly to somewhat zerg some stuff.

Not sure how far you've come but min ready timer is something easily done if you haven't already.... as far as jps go to get the gifts and such you should be able do get some fairly quickly solo with trusts. Get an AoE pet and go to town though you might have to start in like zitah instead of reisin. If you have Triez I recommend going to cp whenever it's up preferable after already having used it just for efficiencies sake. I recommend cping in escha just because that is where the majority of content is and you'll need to kill a lot of fodder anyways since it unlocks vorseals, temps and then gives you silt to actually buy those or nm pops.

You are right though that there isn't a lot of shouts for low tier... it's easy enough for those that kept along that I doubt they'd wait for a shout... but when you do see them they will fill up so if you shout should work out. Most the low tier are pretty much a breeze so easy to do.

You should be able to solo with trusts a bit of the easier zitah stuff which will help you do more since it opens up vorseals. Might have to zerg but should be doable. To that end resetting 1hrs is much easier now with reduced MMM timers. But yeah when you get to escha stuff would recommend mostly trying to go in zone order. Like not necessarily everything in that zone but get a decent amount of zitah done before you focus on ruann and such since it is somewhat progressive in difficulty and it's steady improvement if only in vorseals and kill counts and such

Slow but steady progress you'll get there.
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-06-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    See, the thing is, missing is very un-fun. people like to see numbers, they like to see big hits. So if what you see is mostly a whole lot of nothing unless you bend over, it kind of sucks the fun out of combat.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Sounds kind of like you need to do some bridging content before jumping into mid tier nms maybe. Like alluvion skirmish still provides best to near BiS for a lot of stuff. If nothing else you use it to just build a reasonably acc set (and great pet sets). Also as a bst you can do a bit more before that focusing on your pet. It should be able to get more acc than you prebuff if not well there is always run wild so that can help greatly to somewhat zerg some stuff.

Not sure how far you've come but min ready timer is something easily done if you haven't already.... as far as jps go to get the gifts and such you should be able do get some fairly quickly solo with trusts. Get an AoE pet and go to town though you might have to start in like zitah instead of reisin. If you have Triez I recommend going to cp whenever it's up preferable after already having used it just for efficiencies sake. I recommend cping in escha just because that is where the majority of content is and you'll need to kill a lot of fodder anyways since it unlocks vorseals, temps and then gives you silt to actually buy those or nm pops.

You are right though that there isn't a lot of shouts for low tier... it's easy enough for those that kept along that I doubt they'd wait for a shout... but when you do see them they will fill up so if you shout should work out. Most the low tier are pretty much a breeze so easy to do.

You should be able to solo with trusts a bit of the easier zitah stuff which will help you do more since it opens up vorseals. Might have to zerg but should be doable. To that end resetting 1hrs is much easier now with reduced MMM timers. But yeah when you get to escha stuff would recommend mostly trying to go in zone order. Like not necessarily everything in that zone but get a decent amount of zitah done before you focus on ruann and such since it is somewhat progressive in difficulty and it's steady improvement if only in vorseals and kill counts and such

Slow but steady progress you'll get there.
    thanks for all the good advice. I have a bunch of the alluvion stuff but need some more of it. I have found that does fill up if you're willing to spend the parts on it but I've lost a lot of gear playing with pickups who get mad if you key early but then don't key quick when stuff goes downhill. I'd personally just rather key early and not get as much rather than getting nothing but I know folks want the stones soooo, yeah it's a bit harrowing.

I think I am just feeling sensitive these days cause of general life so dealing with randos on XI is harder than it used to be.

I don't really understand escha yet (vorseals etc) but I have done some CP farming there a bit.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This thread is pretty funny. You need 1800ish accuracy to cap against Reisenjima T3 NMs. I really don't think I need to say anything else.
    (0)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    This thread is pretty funny. You need 1800ish accuracy to cap against Reisenjima T3 NMs. I really don't think I need to say anything else.
    Is it funny because it's absurd or because that's no problem?
    According to one of my linkshells, it's easy to get to 1900 acc in any escha zone. I'm slowly gearing, and barely at 1200 for my pets now.
    (0)

I can't even fathom how I would reach 1900 without insane amounts of buffs.
    (0)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Trust me, I'm the exact same in terms of thought process. I keep fighting between "accuracy requirements are ridiculous" to "okay, maybe I can make that happen."
    Let's say I'm using 119 tiger pet, Blackbeard Randy. So we start with a base of 889 acc.

So, let's start factoring in equipment (pre-Reisenjima and pre-Job Mastery) while dual-wielding due to subbing NIN:
    Taeon or Acro, all 5 pieces with pet accuracy: +125 acc (25 from each piece if perfectly augmented)
    Arktoi augmented: +50 acc [Oboro JSE]
    Kerehactl: +28 acc [Delve]
    Pastoralist's Mantle: ~20 acc (once again, lucky augment) [SoA zones]
    Thurandaut Ring: +20 acc [Finish SoA storyline]
    Hurch'lan Sash: +10 acc [Delve]
    Demonry Core: +4 acc [Abyssea]
    Ferine earring: +3 acc [Abyssea]
    Empath necklace: +10 acc [Escha Zi'Tah]

That's a total of 270 acc
    We are now at 1159 base accuracy (outside of Escha zones). Now, adding food (Shiromochi from Curio vendor moogle) we get an additional 14% acc, or +108 since it is capped at that for:
    Pet Accuracy: 1267

Given, the Empath necklace is a higher tier monster in Escha Zi'Tah, so we could probably be without that +10 at the moment (although I believe there are other pieces available for at least a few accuracy here and there).

Now, let's start factoring in some vorseals:
    You can get up to 9 tiers simply having done quests in the game and defeating T1s in Zi'Tah and Ru'Aun (I forget which specific NMs).
    9 Tiers: +18 acc

That leaves us at: 1285 (or even higher if there is a double vorseal gift in effect).

~1300 I believe is the needed cap for hitting ~129 content I believe (someone please correct me). Devs have already stated that Ready skills, weaponskills, and blood pacts all get a hidden +100 accuracy on the first hit, so that leaves you with ~1400 during the important attacks that deal out the damage.

From there, you can of course climb with more vorseals, Job Gifts, and even join in killing Quetzalcoatl for Accuracy++, which gives +5 acc per level (just takes a lot of participation). I'm not sure on Reisenjima armor caps, but I know that not only can you get pet acc+, you can also get a mix of acc and DEX on there for even further accuracy.

The current problem is a partial mix of the high accuracy requirements and the randomness of getting any of the above values. I gave up on acro and taeon pieces and simply tried to mix Despair armor and some other bits of armor so far, and I am slowly climbing there. I don't believe it practical to spend millions of gil and barely see pet: accuracy +10 even on a +2 stone due to a LUCK factor.
    So, while it is a climb to be able to get there for endgame, it is possible. Is it easy? No. Could it be eased up? I would think so. Does it get aggravating when you miss a lot? Absolutely.

The other issue I see is, in order to get some of the later pieces to increase accuracy, you need to have the base accuracy in the first place to even fight the necessary NMs that drop the related items. So it's a catch 22. You need the accuracy increase, yet you can't even reliably hit the monster to get that accuracy increase.
    It's also crazy to think about the i145 content in Unity monsters. So you don't even get those Escha bonuses.

I think it's kind of bad game design at this point on SE's part:
    Monsters get more HP that scale to party size, which relatively increase the difficulty due to the larger amount of damage needed to kill the monster. Thus, smaller parties are always sought after first before people even consider bringing in more. However, you need more jobs for buffs and debuffs to actively and reliably defeat these encounters. Which is why I also believe we've fallen into this niche of PLD, WHM, GEO, GEO, BLM, BLM etc in order to just nuke things from a distance with minimal buff differences.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mithlas; 02-16-2016 at 04:14 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast