Thread: The HQ border.

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

The HQ border.

I know this has to be the most random question ever, but...

Why are the "white boxes" different for some items? You can clearly see that one is a solid white border while the other seems to be a more "blended" border (the better-looking of the two, IMO).

It makes my brain twitch a little bit, especially when I equip items that have different borders. IT JUST DOESN'T MATCH!

Was there a reason for this? I don't know if this was asked and answered before, but I'd love to know why this is.

PS: You should really change them all to one or the other. Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by radarbabyeater View Post

Why are the "white boxes" different for some items? You can clearly see that one is a solid white border while the other seems to be a more "blended" border (the better-looking of the two, IMO).

It makes my brain twitch a little bit, especially when I equip items that have different borders. IT JUST DOESN'T MATCH!

Was there a reason for this? I don't know if this was asked and answered before, but I'd love to know why this is.

I wonder if when the item was added to the game affects this? Maybe there was the original white border and then a few years later they added the blended border? hmmm...
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by radarbabyeater View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Apie View Post
    I wonder if when the item was added to the game affects this? Maybe there was the original white border and then a few years later they added the blended border? hmmm...
    Are you meaning to be speaking of the colored borders suggesting their tier's in the version of high quality in numbers that they are? Like: "White Color Border" around the icon/item being "High-Quality Tier +1", Blue Color Border being the signature in the version of High-Quality +2, and Yellow Colored Border being the signature status of showing you its a High-Quality +3 item/gear/weapon/etc. I'm not sure they've added more border colors to the game yet still to represent those tiers higher than +3 but would be nice to see it happen.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The borders are part of the icon image, they're not tacked on by the game, so its probable that a different person handled the ones with different borders or something.

It's more than a little OCD to complain about this IMO, however, if someone has the spare time to make the corrections then I'm all for it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    Are you meaning to be speaking of the colored borders suggesting their tier's in the version of high quality in numbers that they are? Like: "White Color Border" around the icon/item being "High-Quality Tier +1", Blue Color Border being the signature in the version of High-Quality +2, and Yellow Colored Border being the signature status of showing you its a High-Quality +3 item/gear/weapon/etc. I'm not sure they've added more border colors to the game yet still to represent those tiers higher than +3 but would be nice to see it happen.
    There aren't any items beyond +3 at this time (and there's no gear past +2). If I had to guess, +4 would probably end up being either red- or green-bordered.

Also, there's a dark grey border around -1 items.
    (1)