Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

[dev1004] Realistic Ideas for Future Bard Songs/JA/JTs/etc

Ok, so. @.@

For the future of Bard, a job that I personally love, I'd like to express some of my thoughts as to how I think the job could grow in the last couple level cap increases.

--First, I feel like it's time Brd finally got a Job Trait that shortens song casting time (similar to Elemental Celerity for Blm). A first tier of a Rdm's Fast Cast would be amazing, but at least something Brd-specific to quicken song casting a little bit. It would be really nice on Inventory as well since Brds wouldn't have to lug around as much gear trying to cap Song Spellcasting time. Justification: A level 90 Brd should naturally be able to cast a song faster (Not including gear!) than a lvl 1 Brd. Amirite?

--Secondly, Brd needs more creative support songs. Scherzo was a great step in the right direction, and adding nullification to Tier II Carol's was also very useful, but otherwise it's just higher tier'd versions of songs we already have... Little lame.
    I'm not saying anything's wrong with higher tier'd versions of our current songs!! @.@ But it'd be really nice to have some additional different songs to play around with and use.

Ex: -TP Regain Song? (Similar to what Cors/Schs have atm)
    -Subtle Blow+ Song?
    -Increased resistance to ALL Status Ailments (Nothing too OP, more so a second tier to all of those Status Resistance songs Brd gets)
    -Idk, just somethin with a lil' more creativity! <.>

--Third, more offensive songs! I'm not just talking something like Horde Lullaby II (Which I'd hope we get by lvl 99! <.>). As with the second point, I'm just talking about a new type of creative enfeeble/possible nuke. Nowadays, it's usually only all about Elegy (Discounting Yellow Procs in Abyssea) as Threnodies aren't generally needed too much (still useful when applicable though), and Requiem sadly doesn't land on 99% of NMs anyways.

Please, just give us some other type of enfeeble, whether it be something similar to other jobs or something brand-new and more Brd-specific. Some kind of non-elemental Nuke song would be really interesting (think like a Sonicboom! o.O) and could put to use all that Magic Att. Bonus gear Brd can potentially use. I'm not talkin' like Blm Blizzard V damage, but something that could do respectable damage in our downtime.

That's pretty much it; I guess I'd like to add that I hope the dev. team keeps adding Brd to DD-melee orientated and more traditional Mage gear (Cure Potency comes to mind) since I love playing as a DD/solo/hardcore-support Brd lol

Hope the Dev. Team can get around to us Brds! >.< And sorry for the long post! Feel free to post any neat ideas/comments you may have for future Brd songs/JAs/JTs/etc in regards!
    (0)
    Last edited by Creelo; 04-09-2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Added dev tag! o.O

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    i like all the idea you posted, except we dont really need a ja to shorten song...even outside abyssea now we have so much gear that we can cap the spellcasting time even without ministrel ring ^^

i totally want a sonic boom!!!! but i suppose it will or too overpowered or inefective...brd use no mp so we can spam our song...it should have an extreme long recast or give too much enmity...else even if it does 100dmg, we will start spamming form the start to the end of the fight XD
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I have been waiting for Silence and Paralyze songs to couple with my Elegy for quite some time.

You forgot the [dev####] tag to get the dev's attention.
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    so you can dosomething not botable ? give some unique abilitys aby can be very hard as a brd depending how that party is set up having 3 mages spred out along with 3 malee spred out doing dom ops
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post
    I have been waiting for Silence and Paralyze songs to couple with my Elegy for quite some time.

You forgot the [dev####] tag to get the dev's attention.
    and what tag he should use? u know u cant invent some tag? the tag are decided by the dev and u can use those to reply, but not use one to start a topic...

if i missed a topic by the dev about brd, im sorry :P
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yeah, I wasn't exactly sure which dev tag to use... Hopefully it's ok I just went with the Phantom Roll tag since that's kinda similar to Brd. :/

Otherwise, yeah, they'd need to work out some quirks if they ever did give Brd some form of a nuke (1-2min recast, moderate dmg), especially since it wouldn't use MP! O.o

And yes, Brd can get their Song casting time already very low... but that requires a lot of extra gear for that sole purpose. Many Brds don't even bother with it (even though it can be so amazing! @.@). A JT that would just naturally lower song casting time (even like 10%), would just be a nice for Brds that don't have much Song Casting Time gear, Brds that are close to capping Song Casting Time, and on a Brd's inventory, which is always a hassle nowadays. >.<
    (0)

I would definitely like a song/JA that can Stun.
    (0)

Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Perhaps a JA that enhances Threnodies into adding an enfeeble based on their elements.
    Example: Ice Threnody is Fire Based. So is Addle. Enhanced Ice Threnody Addles the target.
    (0)
    "I Trick Attacked some guy. He's dead now."

Maybe an attack down song, probably fire element? and I've always thought a Fear-type song would be great. Paralysis (called a hypnotic or something) would work with bard. An attack down type song would be decent.

And while we're on the subject, make Verilai useful for something... Seems its only purpose is pulling NMs
    (0)

Character
    Sope
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    And while we're on the subject, make Verilai useful for something... Seems its only purpose is pulling NMs
    and soloing Ignamoth.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast