Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    haven't you guys been reading the posts from all the "experts", like Wish? Bard only needs 3 songs, Advancing march, Victory march, and a new tier of march. We only have 1 purpose in the game, to haste melees. After reading all of their comments I personally deleted every macro that I had on bard that wasn't for March. I also deleted all the macros for my sub-job except the spell haste. I certainly wouldn't want to argue with such experts about what our role in a party is, I've only been an end-game bard for about 4 years now.

OK, so we're dying alot more and failing alot more fights, mages in my Dynamis group run out of MP all the time (they wouldn't if they would just take the advice I'm passing on from the experts, haste isn't particularily MP intensive if that's all they would cast), but I'm sure once we get the mobs to realize that they need to cooperate by standing still and not swinging back while we swing faster we'll be fine. And being able to toss all those instruments I used to have to carry for all the non-march songs has been a godsend to my inventory, not to mention the elemental staves I no longer have to keep around. I even get to wear my gaudy harness again for the refresh so I can keep casting haste, fun!
    (1)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    haven't you guys been reading the posts from all the "experts", like Wish? Bard only needs 3 songs, Advancing march, Victory march, and a new tier of march. We only have 1 purpose in the game, to haste melees. After reading all of their comments I personally deleted every macro that I had on bard that wasn't for March. I also deleted all the macros for my sub-job except the spell haste. I certainly wouldn't want to argue with such experts about what our role in a party is, I've only been an end-game bard for about 4 years now.

OK, so we're dying alot more and failing alot more fights, mages in my Dynamis group run out of MP all the time (they wouldn't if they would just take the advice I'm passing on from the experts, haste isn't particularily MP intensive if that's all they would cast), but I'm sure once we get the mobs to realize that they need to cooperate by standing still and not swinging back while we swing faster we'll be fine. And being able to toss all those instruments I used to have to carry for all the non-march songs has been a godsend to my inventory, not to mention the elemental staves I no longer have to keep around. I even get to wear my gaudy harness again for the refresh so I can keep casting haste, fun!
    it's good to see that after 4 years you finally learned how to play brd halfway properly. It's too bad you're still doing it horribly wrong since you failed to understand that whatever ballad comments you received were probably involving mages with ATMA. Your attempt at sarcasm fails on multiple levels because it's showing that you don't even know enough about brd to mock people properly.

Interesting brainstorming session here. It'll be a bit tough to make something better than 2x marches but there's always 2x bard parties or the chance to simply use it as a 3rd song on empyrian harp. Considered short range aura effects on single target songs? songs that give people intimidation procs on beastmen/etc?
    (0)

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    does MAB effect Foe Requiem? cuz im not equipping Eradico mitts for the -3 enm.

they should give us a dmg song like banish amount of dmg. brd is boring if your party can all take the same songs. mostly i need skill ups tho so im always recasting sleep/slow. but they are giving bst disposable pets to mimic Alexander, so why not ammo for brd that does more sonic dmg?
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiledsickness View Post
    does MAB effect Foe Requiem? cuz im not equipping Eradico mitts for the -3 enm.

they should give us a dmg song like banish amount of dmg. brd is boring if your party can all take the same songs. mostly i need skill ups tho so im always recasting sleep/slow. but they are giving bst disposable pets to mimic Alexander, so why not ammo for brd that does more sonic dmg?
    MAB does NOT affect Requiem. Macc/Instrument Skill/etc, will affect it's accuracy and if it lands for its full duration or not though. Requiem Flute (Requiem +4) will add to its potency for 11dmg/tick with Foe's Requiem VII, so it's actually a really nice free DoT song; I'm happy that SE will hopefully let it land on more NMs now... <_<

I'm still holding out for us to get a "nuke" song lol, but I'd highly prefer it to not use ammo. That sorta seems silly. A healing type song could be quite interesting as well (Not talking about Regen either with Paeon! >.<)

I'm happy to see a MDB- song in the works for Brd too; hopefully they haven't forgotten about Horde Lullaby II though! :X

A third tier March should be extremely nice indeed... @_@ Don't feel posting exact haste numbers (#/1024), but with March+3, Advancing is about 10% Haste, Victory ~14%. With March+4, Advancing is ~11%, Victory ~15.6% Haste. So a third tier march could potentially see around 19-20% Haste... however that's considering we can ever hit the skill cap on it.

Basically this means March x2 + Haste should definitely hit the magical Haste cap (before it was shy a few %). For Daurdabla Brd's, it'll probably mean they could do March -> Minuet/Mambo/Scherzo/Etc. -> March, while still capping magical Haste and allowing for the third song to not be a gimped Minuet/Mambo/etc.

Still holding out for a TP Regain song as well though! >.<

Personally, I cannot wait to use March x3 for when I'm /dnc or /nin soloin! @___________________@
    (0)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Copied and pasted from a thread I made on FFXIAH.com.

So... We have 4 JA's atm and 2 of those are merited, it'd be cool for BRD to get a few more, so I thought I'd hash out a few ideas. I know most of these might be a bit bad or stupid, but again just brainstorming.

"Legato"

Duration: 30 seconds
    Recast: 2 minutes

In musical terms a Legato is 2 notes sung together smoothly.

My idea is that you can sing 2 songs as one. Use Legato, choose song one, choose song two and both songs would be cast in the time it takes one.

I'm not really fully into this idea, but I couldn't think of a better way to use the term 'Legato'

-

"Staccato"

Duration: 30 seconds
    Recast: 5 minutes

In musical terms a Staccato is a note that is separated from the rest with a silence.

Simply put, whilst this is active the song you sing is considered an additional song. A 3rd song without a Daurdabla and a 4th with a Daurdabla.

I think Staccato should also stack with Troubadour.

---

I had an idea about being able to make a localised area of effect with a song, so if you want to hit all the mages you can target one and everyone around them will get the effect. Same with DDs to avoid running into dangerous situations.

I wouldn't mind seeing a straight up cure song being added either with a longish recast of say 30 seconds and the power of a Cure IV maybe with singing and whatever instrument skill augmenting it.

And ofc make the cast time low.
    (0)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post

You should be casting march the majority of the time. Being situational is what BRD excels at. Knowing the best song for any given situation. I know plenty of BRDs who still Scherzo for no reason when it's highly inappropriate. I've also had to suffer DD's asking for DEF songs. Inside Abyssea... March, Scherzo, Ballad and very occasionally minuet should be used for buffing. If you're using another song (Outside of Mazurka and a Paeon if the situation calls) You're doing it wrong.
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Flionheart View Post
    You should be casting march the majority of the time. Being situational is what BRD excels at. Knowing the best song for any given situation. I know plenty of BRDs who still Scherzo for no reason when it's highly inappropriate. I've also had to suffer DD's asking for DEF songs. Inside Abyssea... March, Scherzo, Ballad and very occasionally minuet should be used for buffing. If you're using another song (Outside of Mazurka and a Paeon if the situation calls) You're doing it wrong.
    I hate it when Brds sing Scherzo and think that it's a straight PDT or DT-% buff... instead of knowing that it's only meant for attacks that deal 75%+ of your HP. >.<
    (0)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    I hate it when Brds sing Scherzo and think that it's a straight PDT or DT-% buff... instead of knowing that it's only meant for attacks that deal 75%+ of your HP. >.<

It's a big pain. I've tried to explain what they're doing but they seem to not realise what's going on and want to play with new shiny toys.

As an edit to my previous post; Carols can be used if the occasion calls for them.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    "What are we going to do about his hundred fists though?" "DON'T WORRY. I HAS A SKERZU!"
    (0)

Character
    Jesseblue
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I have to agree that I really dislike the March / March, Elegy, (Ballad / Ballad outside of Abyssea) that brd has to do then we focus on using our SUB job. Occasionally using Lullaby or Threody.

What is also really bugging is that although our buffs are free, hit the whole party and arn't interuptable look at our maximum output... two songs. Now lets look at WHM, they can buff element resist with one spell almost as good as two corals, protect better than minne, haste as well as marchs, buff stats (mnd, vit etc), slow and sleep. And thats only what they share with us. They also have so much more under their hoods that buff as well as two of our songs.

What I would like to see is all our songs recieve a huge boost, but no longer allow them to stack, so Minuet V should infact have the same effect as IV and V currently have. This way we can use march and attack, or march and evasion or maybe even a carol when required. Dont really think it would be that over powered would it?
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast