Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Some thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Maybe an attack down song, probably fire element? and I've always thought a Fear-type song would be great. Paralysis (called a hypnotic or something) would work with bard. An attack down type song would be decent.

And while we're on the subject, make Verilai useful for something... Seems its only purpose is pulling NMs
    Or rather, a second tier of threnodies that have a low chance of inflicting the status effect assosciated with thier element.

I.e. : Wind Threnody 2 has a chance of inflicting paralysis
    Earth Threnody 2 can silence
    Water Threnody 2 can stun
    etc.
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Illianna View Post
    Or rather, a second tier of threnodies that have a low chance of inflicting the status effect assosciated with thier element.

I.e. : Wind Threnody 2 has a chance of inflicting paralysis
    Earth Threnody 2 can silence
    Water Threnody 2 can stun
    etc.
    this would be great...but with better proc rates or with 100% proc rate if wearing full af3+2
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

yeah, that would be workable, and I don't think it would hurt balance at all.
    (0)

Player
    On the subject of nukes/offencive songs for brd, why not give brd expendable instruments? Say a 1 time use horn that would produce a light based nuke/sonicboom and be broken after used?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Goonieprime View Post
    On the subject of nukes/offencive songs for brd, why not give brd expendable instruments? Say a 1 time use horn that would produce a light based nuke/sonicboom and be broken after used?
    think that might be a balance issue from expense. However, a limited charge item, like a RR earring, 10 minute timer between use, 30-50 charges? Viable. Although another thing to carry? Ugh...
    (0)

Player
    If we're thinking about songs from 91-99 that we'd "realistically" get, I think we need to think in terms of songs we already have, or mobs already have. Moreover, we have to think about the nature of the job, what it does, and what it doesn't do.

We might see things like March III, Madrigal III, Horde Lullaby II, and with any luck, Massacre Elegy. A Charmga song would certainly be interesting! though that's wishful thinking.

I don't think a Regain song is out of the question, seeing as how it's in place on other jobs anyway.

I doubt we'd get a "Sonic Boom," a light based nuke, as much as we'd like it. Bard is more passive than other jobs, and participates in battle in indirect ways. It doesn't do damage, but it will slow down mobs, and speed up team mates.

Another thing to consider is that there can't be too much redundancy between Bard songs and Corsair rolls, as each job should have some buffs unique to themselves.
    (0)

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If dancing can cure people... why cant songs? So hows about adding some cure songs?

Other things that would make bard better but not broken.

Break songs up into categories.

Skill level / stat type songs such as Mambo, Madrigal, Minuet, March
    Enhancement type: Ballad, Paeon, a regain song, STR/DEX/AGI/MND/INT/CHR songs, Carols

Allow 2 of each song type. and let Gjillahorn also do 3 of each as well as the emp harp.
    (0)

Character
    Lotmorning
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Personally I would be happy with Elegy III and allowing requiem to actually stick on NM's. It is sad that brd's only offensive song for DOT is resisted on almost all new NM's.
    (0)

Love squishy mobs

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    You want to be careful about overlapping what jobs do, or simply overpowering a job that is already one of the most important jobs in the game. Although it would be entertaining if they made it possible to do ranged attacks with instruments, I think nuking really is out of the realm of bard. When thinking of what's next for bard, I think it's important to consider what problems most other jobs have, then think about how bard could fix that problem for them. That is sorta how scherzo came about: powerful enemies one-shotting mages or melees with AoE, so scherzo and similar abilities were released.

So what problems do other jobs face? Only one I can think of now is that sometimes a WS from an enemy fires off so quickly that it's too hard to stun reliably. Perhaps a debuff that increases the charge-up time on WSs for enemies.

Edit: I just had a strange thought... what about weaponskills that require an instrument equipped to use? Voidsong and lodesong might not be so overpowering to bard if they required 300 TP.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 06-01-2011 at 04:32 AM.

if Pianissimo makes aoe song single target then:
    Fortissimo should make single target songs aoe ^^ aoe STR song or INT song or -enmity song ^^

also alternative to lullaby for crowd control: JA Cavort = confuses enemy hordes/tricks them into dancing ^^
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast