Character
    Eadmund
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 1

Evolith question

I know etching gear with Evoliths was never really popular and probably isn't even remotely relevant anymore, but...

I'm back after a 5ish year break for the free login campaign (and probably longer, gj SE...), and Evolith etching was one of the things I never explored in the game, so I figured I'd give it a shot to have some fun. I seem to recall that Evoliths are supposed to have a line in their item description which indicates what that particular Evolith's purpose is, right? All the images of Evoliths I find online have those lines (http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...017/5017_3.jpg). However, every piece I find have none of those lines, either ones I get from Treasure Caskets or from beating NMs for the Hunt Registry.

Is this a glitch where the descriptions are no longer viewable, or is there some additional prerequisite or task I need to do to get the descriptions to appear...?

Again, I know it's not a big deal, but I wanted to say that "I did that" and I can't quite tell what the issue is here.

Thanks. =p
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Did you see if they have a second page? Since they've added another page now, it's possible it's on a second page. If you see a V arrow in the bottom-right (not the one for the evolith slot, the one I'm talking about will be outside of the < >) then hit the - key and it should progress. Not sure what the key would be for a controller though. ^^;
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Eadmund
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 1
    Ooooooooooh. I see. I don't recall any items having double pages back in the day, and I mistook the white V as just another part of the Evolith info. ^_^;; It appears to be Square on a PlayStation controller, so that'll save me having to reach aaall the way over to the numpad.

Thanks a lot, I figured it would be something simple. ^_^;;
    (0)

The second page on item descriptions for augments and the like was added in 2014. It's a recent change as far as you are concerned.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/