Character
    Quillo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 36

New Players can't access the New UI?

Hi,

I recently began my adventuring within FFXI and am enjoying almost everything except for the UI is probably my one major complaint.

I saw there was a new UI on the Test Server available to those with access to it - however, that server was closed over a year ago and applications are not being accepted either.

Is there a way to access the new UI and utilize it on Live servers?
    (0)

Player
    I believe they've scrapped the new UI, that or putting it off till the consoles are discontinued. It's been "almost complete" since pre-adoulin days, it was supposed to come out before Adoulin.... and they've said nothing about it since so, your guess is as good as anyone's.
    (0)

The new UI was completely awful, and not even in beta-state.

If you stick with the game, you'll get used to the UI and controls, and you might even come to prefer them to the WoW-style UI that modern MMOs use. I know I do. It's nice to not have to touch the mouse to play.
    (1)

The Test Server was taken offline, so no players can access the new UI. When they started doing monthly updates, they stopped with the Test Server, and took it offline. It was just silently abandoned like many other features, like Moblin Maze Mongers and Monstrosity.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/