Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Gaes Fete battlefield size

Hello to the Devs (and everyone)!

Thank you for the fun new content you have added. My linkshell has really been enjoying throwing ourselves at it. I saw that you asked for opinions on the battlefield radius of Gaes Fete NMs and I wanted to share my perspective on this.

I understand why people are having trouble at #9 in Reisenjima but I really don't like the idea of reducing the size of Gaes Fete battlefields. First of all, in my experience, I am usually unable to run away from the battlefield when things go wrong. The NMs tend to follow me well outside of the battlefield and I usually die 10+ yalms outside of the battlefield to the NM. As such I don't think reducing the size of the Gaes Fete battlefield would help. Second of all, I like the current size of the Gaes Fete battlefield. There are times when things go south during a fight and I end up kiting the NM while I nuke it down slowly. The size of the battlefield really helps there. Also, when people are weakened during a Gaes Fete fight it is really nice that they can run out of range of the AoE's from the NM. Some of these are 30 yalms and so you need the range in there to protect the weakened players.

As such my vote in order of preference would be
    1. Don't reduce the size of the Gaes Fete battlefield or
    2. Only alter #9 in Reisenjima.

Please do not reduce the size of all battlefields.
    (2)

The development team is currently looking into the following three options for addressing the issue where players cannot avoid certain Geas Fetes.
    • Only adjust the size of the battle area for the area around Eschan Portal #9 in Reisenjima.
    • Reduce the size of the battle area for all zones.
    • Keep the size the same as it has been.
    Please let us know which option you prefer and we will relay your feedback to the development team.

In addition to addressing the above in the December version update, we will also be making adjustments to the number of regular monsters found in Reisenjima. This will make it a bit safer for clearing content that involves the “???” for Geas Fetes.
    (4)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Please do not reduce any battlefield sizes.

Please do not reduce normal Reisenjima monsters. Move them slightly perhaps but not reduce
    (3)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    keep size the same
    (3)

Do not change the size.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    The development team is currently looking into the following three options for addressing the issue where players cannot avoid certain Geas Fetes.
    • Only adjust the size of the battle area for the area around Eschan Portal #9 in Reisenjima.
    • Reduce the size of the battle area for all zones.
    • Keep the size the same as it has been.
    Please let us know which option you prefer and we will relay your feedback to the development team.

In addition to addressing the above in the December version update, we will also be making adjustments to the number of regular monsters found in Reisenjima. This will make it a bit safer for clearing content that involves the “???” for Geas Fetes.

Also the adjustments about making it safer to clearing content that involves the ??? is a great idea for all zone of escha but please do not reduce the monster more is always good for capacity points.

#9 Reisenjima should increase the battle area wider since if one was to lose a fight to NM and they are not allow to use the portal to warp away and restart but have to wait until the timer of NM is gone and the portal cannot be targeted. That is the only issue if you lose the fight but if you win all the time than no issue their.

Akihiko Matsui and the Community Team the Tier 1 Reisenjima content level 129 the fight seems manageable and it is not too tough for a person to solo it with trust. Some of the tier 1 Reisenjima seems almost impossible to solo with trust.

However, zone like Escha - Zi'Tah and Escha - Ru'Aun Tier 1 and Tier 2 content are less than level 125 but they seems a lot tougher to beat than reisenjima content Tier 1 which are level 129. So the question is why was it made like that? I think a casual player would have a hard time fighting those NM in old zone and new player to FFXI would probably eat more dirt than getting clear. So you might wanna do some testing on those old zone NM and see if you can solo it with trust.
    (0)

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Put the ??? In different place where no regular monster Agroo or increase size for 9 and add more ???
    (0)

Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    theirs just 2 ??? in #9 that needs adjusting, just reduce that one slightly so we can exit the battle at the very edge like the one ??? that is there, or move all 3 pops closer together, folks usually will move accordingly if more people anyway
    (0)

Thanks for all the feedback on this.

The development team has been discussing this internally based on the comments received globally and their testing, and they have decided to proceed with the second option, reducing the size of the battle area for all zones, which will be implemented in the next version update.

Currently the battle area for Geas Fete has a radius of 50 meters (100 meter diameter), and when reduced it would become a 35 meter radius (70 meter diameter). The effective range of magic spells is 20 meters, so this would be balanced perfectly to not feel inconvenienced. However, I believe it will be hard to imagine without actually participating in the fight.

During testing, we tried addressing only certain areas, and while nothing out of the ordinary developed in the addressed area, there was a concern that critical issues may arise on other areas. In order to avoid any unwanted situations from arising, we decided to proceed by addressing all zones at the same time.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Funny, probably most wanted it NOT to be changed lol.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast