Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Impossible to solo final Rhapsody od Vana'diel fight

Why the hell does Square Enix let you solo through the whole Rhapsody of Vana'diel storyline, when they make the final fight that impossible to solo with less till non existing player support?! Is that a bad joke?
    (1)

With the right combo of trusts this fight is actually quite soloable for many jobs.
    You just need to make sure that your own gear also has a decent iLevel before attempting this fight, otherwise your trusts are going to be flattened as fast as you are.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    A few people have soloed. It's difficult, but not impossible.

The last 5 fights of Seekers of Adoulin were difficult solos too.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I've solo'd it on thf. Really the only danger of failing is timing out. Your helper npc knows arise and has auto reraise. All you need to do is pump out enough damage to kill it in the 30 minutes they give you.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The fights were designed to ramp in difficulty... so I'm guessing they intended you to share the last bits of story in an MMO with ya know other people. Of course if you've been keeping up you can still just brute force solo with trusts anyways
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I had it down to ~5% more than once solo, just couldn't get that last little bit of dmg before timing out.
    Then a friend and I solo'd it with ease.
    (0)

Character
    Daisansha
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Here is a video of it being solo'd without trusts for you to take pointers from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ios_MNToPs. Didn't have any idea what was going to happen going into it, 20/20 hindsight is don't put up buffs you don't mind the enemy having as he can absorb them (took forever for me to kill him since he took my shock spikes).
    (0)

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I agree with the op, why let us go through all ROV solo only to make the last boss so hard to beat. Off course some jobs can solo it if you have top notch gear but many of us just play this game for fun these days. I went in solo as thf with my best gear level 119 af, relic dagger and delve dagger off hand and i lasted maybe 10 seconds. I don't have an ls anymore like i'm betting 50% of this game. Tried to look for a group and nothing, just gave up and logged out.
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Have you never played other FF games? That is part of the fun... Why would you want a final boss that you can kill in one hit? I guess I don't get gamers these days lol
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    Have you never played other FF games? That is part of the fun... Why would you want a final boss that you can kill in one hit? I guess I don't get gamers these days lol
    I don't believe that it's this. You have to remember, there are people logging in during this free period wanting to experience this so-called epic ending to Xi and they can't because they're not caught up gear wise. There was a guy on my server the other day shouting for help on just understanding the game again because he had been away for so long and felt lost. Mind you, his drk was only lvl 92, maybe he didn't have anything higher than that, so imagine this guy or anyone like him trying to get through the last fight of RoV Chapter 2 and all of chapter 3. Now if there wasn't a free period maybe the case/insult that you're stating would be true, but again...it's a free period and a special event for the game and not everyone coming back for it has ilvl 119+ gear.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast