Character
    Artisandge
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 70

Lift single guild contract limitations?

Hi SE,
    It was mentioned in a previous post by either Grekumah or Camate, that SE would consider allowing crafting restrictions to be eased, such that one character could level more than craft to 110 (aside from Fishing).

There has been no mention of this since. Has this changed?

Thank you!
    (3)
    Last edited by HopefulNAPlayer; 11-18-2015 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Typo

Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    iirc they did say in a previous post they were looking at making changes so that all crafts could go to 110

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ing-caps/page2
    (3)
    Last edited by Afin; 11-19-2015 at 06:18 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Afin View Post
    iirc they did say in a previous post they were looking at making changes so that all crafts could go to 110

That's the post I had trouble finding. Thank you for sharing it again.
    (2)

Character
    Artisandge
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    That's the post I had trouble finding. Thank you for sharing it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Afin View Post

Yes, thank you. I couldn't find this and would have included in my original post.
    (0)

There are no plans to allow characters to reach the maximum skill level for every type of craft.

The reason for this decision falls on two key points:
    • There are a large amount of players that use multiple characters that each have different synthesis masteries, and the impact on these players would be very large.
    • There would be a large amount of text and other aspects that would need to be revamped to adjust for the removal of skill caps.

While the first reason is an important decision making factor, it's the second reason that is the larger of the two.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The first reason only exists because of the limits in the first place though

While from an economic health standpoint I thin it's good that not everyone can master every craft, the fact that it's easily circumvented with additional characters or accounts makes those limits less effective.

Naturally, as Grekumah said, the technical aspects would make it hard to change now, SE should have seen this coming when those systems were designed.

So, my feelings about it are kinda mixed. ON the one hand, I think the current system is good for the economy (or rather, was when the economy was stronger), on the other hand, at the current time, most of the crafting in the game is done by the hardest core players that have multiple characters for crafting. SE doesn't want to punish these players, and I can understand that.

I'm not sure if I"m making sense or not. Lol.
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So why say anything in the first place and get our hopes up? Of course they don't wanna punish these players, they love their extra dollars a month lol. At least remove the contract thing so we can get GP for any guild.
    (3)

Character
    Snprphnx
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    In other words, part of the reason is they don't want players to max out all crafts on their main accts, then discontinue service to their crafting mules/accts, because that would mean they'd lose money.
    (3)

Guess I'll just cross leveling crafts off my list of things to do to keep playing then. Just odd to mention all those players with crafting mules when the AH is empty nowadays save for non-craftable items and some ilvl crafted stuff.
    (3)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Although we don’t have any specific time frame in place, we’re currently looking into a system where players can max out all of their gathering and crafting skills.
    Why, oh why? ;p
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast