Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Doesn't seem to contradict itself. They were looking into it, but then decided that they believed it was not feasible, thus they decided to make no further plans involving it.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Yeah it was a great disservice decision in my opinon to all those suffering..........

Yeah, it was a great disservice decision in my opinion to all those suffering down to 1 or 2 character's that they'll only be able pay per month due to simplicity facts that other players crumpled these players alike abilities to live out their days doing max caps in crafting all crafts by buying more character's to do a simple one purpose warhorse machine operation of multiple's/over multiple character's which really does hurt those types of players in the long run and even when they made their final decision, came back with it, there were several players who changed their minds by that time about the whole situation of those owning multiple characters who even went into the opposite direction of they're previous decisions to keep it but in actuality came back into looking forward to doing this game change up for a smaller handier~dandy'er bill per month for a better enjoyment of the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    There are no plans to allow characters to reach the maximum skill level for every type of craft.

The reason for this decision falls on two key points:
    • There are a large amount of players that use multiple characters that each have different synthesis masteries, and the impact on these players would be very large.
    • There would be a large amount of text and other aspects that would need to be revamped to adjust for the removal of skill caps.

While the first reason is an important decision making factor, it's the second reason that is the larger of the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    Both replies kinda contradict each other. I'm confused... :?
    Yeah, I'm still one of those who are majorly disappointed in this decision since it is really due to players thinking that this would have never changed and thus they all went ahead into being charged themselves even more money per month on multiple character's to do the rest of a great disservice in ever having it changed when it would finally come around to it actually happening. Now the 2nd reason being as the bigger of the two just seems like they became lazy on the whole idea over it being to much work and what happened to the definition of a hard worker no matter the odds? Anyways, as I was saying, just my 2 cents not to be rude or cruel but I know this article is an over with old news thing and was just commenting on my disappointment in an long over due in too many years in the making before they finally brought this decision forward into fruition thus this very extremely lately decision resulted in the out come of many player got tired of hoping for the change into moving forward by purchasing multiple character's but also resulted in players who did this work on them feeling they would be defeated in the purpose but not wanting the change to happen even if they could still potentially keep those characters around, keeping their characters as they are without leveling other crafts further in that lifestyle they wanted to play while the rest of us sit up here trying to go ahead a get leveled up in all craft's which just seems like a simple solution to keeping both player types and player styles happy it would seem as viable option to me!
    (2)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 06-05-2016 at 09:16 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Player
    As a possible compromise between the two factions, perhaps we can be allowed to master 2-3 skills per character instead of the 1x we are stuck with currently? Raising the "subcraft" cap to 110 for 1-2 additional crafts would hopefully be enough. Or perhaps removal of subcraft penalties for success and HQ rate? From my experience, most crafters I've played with don't really want "all" crafts masterable, we just want to not have to worry about failing on synths that require painful-to-acquire materials and/or a reasonable shot at HQ'ing.
    (0)

So, 6 months later. And the AH even emptier than before.

Can we have crafting limits removed now?
    (2)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3