Character
    Artisandge
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanfrano View Post
    Why, oh why? ;p
    I would be so happy if just once, our hopes were raised and our expectations were met. I think, as players, we expect so little as it is :/
    (7)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This is pretty disappointing. I've already got 2 crafting mules and was holding off on doing more while waiting for the cap to be lifted. I'd rather the cap be lifted and eat the cost of having leveled those crafting mules. Please reconsider.
    (4)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It really wouldn't punish existing players with alt crafts. I have everything but bone done, which I am starting work on now because I've put it off for years, and I'm not overly against the idea when it comes to others. Either you are a crafter, or you are not. I am not threatened by the occasional player who caps their crafts but doesn't have any alts to carry product or materials. In the end it's a change that means very little because a select few people will take advantage of it because they can. Let's face it: our crafted gear economy has been dead since Adoulin/ilevel from XIV reared it's ugly head. They swore up and down that they are two separate dev houses but it's clear that XIV elements and ideas were shoehorned into XI. Right now it means very little whether people can cap crafts on one character or not. The only reason I am against it is because I am well aware of what happens to a game economy when you permit people to cap all of their crafts, particularly when it's easy. But we've always been able to bypass the limits on alts. It's the overall cost that's kept the economy in check.

XI crafting has never been easy on players(though it's certainly gotten far cheaper), and we aren't exactly surrounded by 500,000 others anymore. But I don't think it's worth discussing any further. They don't want to do the work, and in any case it's a pretty meaningless effort to make when so few people will use it. *shrug* maybe some of you other master crafters can stomach taking up all crafts but one on your mains just so you can say you did it, but once to 100+ per char is enough for me. Ten years ago it would be incredible, but not anymore.

There's also the danger of a select few high end items today that would become trivial profit if people were allowed to cap all crafts, such as blurred weapons. Though, those were screwed the moment the dark matter tied to aeonic weapon or something logic kicked in. Saw that coming.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vold; 12-19-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I believe the system they talk about is making several crafting mules!!! Gotta get that extra dollar or 2 per player
    (0)

Respectfully, this is how I read that response.

• We would lose too much money from people canceling their crafting mules.
    • It would cost us money to edit some code and that compounds the first concern.
    I shouldn't need to maintain several mule accounts for crafting - but I do... and this inaction ensures that I keep them active. So while it may make sound business sense, it annoys me because you continue to get money for mules I'd otherwise have canceled if I could cap all the crafts on my main. This inaction isn't for our benefit regardless of your politically correct wording.

This should be re-considered. If you need more money to motivate you then make a new crafting talisman item that I can BUY for $9.99 and the 'gift' I get is to max all crafting on 1 character on my Content ID.
    (5)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I've been holding out for leveling crafting on my mules because of the post back in July that said they were looking at ways to level them all on 1 char. I'd still keep all my mules because I use them all for storage of crafting materials, just it would be easier to go from 70 to 110 vs 0-110. So please reconsider SE, from a monetary standpoint, would be better for microtransactions to buy Rainbow Mog pells or another type of pell that lets us redeem for certain items. I know I would love to get at least 3 more rainbow mog pells to get some of the items I've missed.
    (3)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    In other words, part of the reason is they don't want players to max out all crafts on their main accts, then discontinue service to their crafting mules/accts, because that would mean they'd lose money.
    pay a dollar and level 5 crafts or save a dollar and skill up again to 110. hmm. ill spend that dollar.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    pay a dollar and level 5 crafts or save a dollar and skill up again to 110. hmm. I'll spend that dollar.
    So you would rather spend tons and tons of money on tons of characters to level all crafts? Boy, I'd hate to receive your huge very expensive monthly bill every month toughening it even more of my hard to earn money finances and must not be the type to care about going into debt all that much? I don't know about you but I'd rather put the cash to more beneficial real-life stuff then dropping it into a disappearing animation games scenarios to get further and in a way, its sort of like that pay to win scenarios peeps chat about and it's not exactly but kind of close to it, I guess.

I guess I sound upset but oh well for now and just letting you know I'm not upset but the thought of spending more of my hard to earn cash on something like that I think is ridiculous myself. :-D

In my own opinion, young/very young adults to teens aren't as money-conscious as more mature adults would be, it's what I think here.

Anyways, now let us get back to playing that game!! ;-)

Side note or Edit: Besides if you do pay that dollar for another character, you still have to take the time to still level a craft to 110 on that new character and myself I'd rather save on the dollar to do the same on just one character, LOL!!

Anyways really love it to be all crafts being maxed out only on 1 character and if it has to be more than one then 2 characters at the most as the max limit!!
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 01-18-2020 at 08:16 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Is there any chance this can be revisited?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Although we don’t have any specific time frame in place, we’re currently looking into a system where players can max out all of their gathering and crafting skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    There are no plans to allow characters to reach the maximum skill level for every type of craft.

The reason for this decision falls on two key points:

• There are a large amount of players that use multiple characters that each have different synthesis masteries, and the impact on these players would be very large.
    • There would be a large amount of text and other aspects that would need to be revamped to adjust for the removal of skill caps.

While the first reason is an important decision making factor, it's the second reason that is the larger of the two.
    Both replies kinda contradict each other. I'm confused... :?
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast