Player

[Follow] XBOX 360 Logging issues with main characters after November 2015 Update.

XBOX 360 Logging issues with main characters after November 2015 Update.
    Platform: Xbox 360
    ISP: Prodigy Infinitum
    Type of Internet Connection: Fiber Optics
    Internet Connection Speed: 20Mbps
    Date & Time: Nov. 18, 2015 01:00 CST
    Frequency: Every time I try to log onto my Main Character using the console
    Character Name: Belmonts
    Race: HumeM
    World: Fenrir
    Main Job: Red Mage, Lv.99
    Support Job: Ninja
    Area and Coordinates: Different locations, such as Mog Houses or open places
    Party or Solo: Solo and in a party.
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: None
    Steps:

1. I followed the following suggestion kindly provided by Qeepel:

Quote Originally Posted by Qeepel View Post
    Hello!

I'm sorry to hear that both of you are experiencing this kind of issue. Please try the following:

Running a file check on your game data should help resolve the issue. Any corrupted data found during the check will be repaired and get you back into the game.

This can be done from the PlayOnline Viewer login screen from the options found on the left hand side of the screen under "Check Files". Next, please make sure to select Final Fantasy XI from the drop down menu, as PlayOnline Viewer is the default option for the file check. Once the check is complete, try to log back into the game.

If there are any further issues, please let us know and we'll have it further investigated.

-FINAL FANTASY XI MODERATOR
    I checked both Final Fantasy XI and Playonline files, but I got the same result, not being able to log in with my main character. Also, the check results said that there weren't any files with issues.

2. I reinstalled the whole software and, after several hours of updates, I wasn't able to log my main character using my Xbox console...

I hope this have somehow a solution.

Thank you for your time.
    (1)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 11-19-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Player
    Just to clarify,

I can log into my mules, since they have way less stuff in their inventories. (at least is the theory I have about why I can't on my main)

So the corrupted files theory seemed unlikely. But I tried it anyways.
    (0)

Character
    Myefe
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I am having the same issues. I play on xbox360 and PC. both systems are doing the same thing I login and either get error code message 3001 4001 and a few others I disconnect while trying to "loading data" on a black screen. randomly the game does let me in but I am immediately met with R0 and slowly disconnect and then eventually error out. it does this on both pc and xbox360. I have done the fix above mentioned aswell and no errors were found.

character Myefe
    server Lakshmi
    isp Mediacom
    connection speed 15mbps
    platform PC and XBOX360
    (0)

Character
    Myefe
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    i have found a fix to this issue it worked for 1 of my accounts trying the other now as we speak but I had some1 move my alt account out of the area I was R0ing in and I can no play again without immedatly dcing
    (0)

Character
    Myefe
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    k got my main moved out of Nsandy I was able to play again. I cleared up inventory spaces. and tried to re enter northern sandoria and I lost connection immediately again
    doing another file check having buddy remove me from zone in mean time
    (0)

Character
    Garwyn
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Unable to log into main characters on 360

I'm having same issues on Lakshmi. I have an original Xbox 360 with built-in 500 mb MMU and 120 GB hard drive (19 gb free). I'm unable to log into or stay logged into 5 out of my 8 characters. On Garwyn, I get FFXI-3001 error before I can get to the Mog Garden after an extremely long load time. On my characters Pyanfar, Danceswithwolvs, Samwise, and Danceswithmules, I get an FFXI-4001 error after the inventory load. I have performed a file check from the POL viewer, which found no problems.

The one thing these 5 characters have in common is their various inventory slots are full, or nearly so. For years, now, there has been an issue with a long lag on the 360 when the inventory loads in just after zoning into an area. These same characters would commonly have a near-disconnect when zoning during this inventory load lag. The 11/12/2015 update seems to have made this problem worse, breaking the game on the 360.

I have already attempted other remedies for this in the past, including re-installations on a clean HDD. The only thing I found that works is reducing the amount of items in my inventory, storage, safe, locker satchel, bag, case, and wardrobe areas, which defeats the purpose of having them. The 3 characters that I can log into have inventories that are 50% full or less.

Just wanted to add: I've reported this bug in the past, and tech support has replied in a manner that leads me to believe they won't believe this is a bug in the 360 client. Every single 360 player I know has had this issue, and been able to replicate the same results. This is most definitely a bug in the client, and has been for years.

New update: I discovered that this issue seems to impact those with "arcade model" 360s, which have the built-in MU and didn't originally come with the HDD attachment. It appears to be an issue within Microsoft's OS for 360, since other games are effected with read errors when using the external HDD. I removed the HDD and reinstalled FFXI to an external USB 1 TB HDD that I have, and am now able to log into all my characters. On top of that, the "inventory load lag" from zoning is noticably shorter, and doesn't even cause a near-disconnect on my encumbered characters like it used to. My theory is that the system is getting confused between the internal MU and attached external HDD when loading information, causing long loading lags and temporary client freezes on FFXI, as well as disk read errors for games like GTA IV, Force Unleashed, and Fallout 3 ( to name a few). My suspicion is that this is some negative interaction between the OS and the file system used in these games. This will still need to be fixed client-side, but the work around is to install FFXI on some USB flashdrive or HDD and run without the XBox HDD attachment.
    (1)
    Last edited by Garwyn; 11-26-2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Update with work-around