Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I thought the november update was the final one and everything after would just be minor bug fixes and balancing. But on the front page we have
    Major updates will continue until console service ends. After that, there will still be minor updates, including content (Stuff they can add without changing any game code) into the future.
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Major updates will continue until console service ends. After that, there will still be minor updates, including content (Stuff they can add without changing any game code) into the future.
    That is incorrect actually, they stated major updates would cease after the NOV update. Now they are saying we will get new battlefields every month and such. Never was it stated major updates will continue until console service ends (which is in march 2016.)
    (0)

Character
    Runeth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 21
    Since they are dropping console support entirely, can we can expect any kind of technical improvements? Like larger draw distances for the environment?

I read about something called "windower" that will do that, but I am always skeptical of third-party software.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by KineticSoul View Post
    Since they are dropping console support entirely, can we can expect any kind of technical improvements? Like larger draw distances for the environment?

I read about something called "windower" that will do that, but I am always skeptical of third-party software.
    DirectX limitations.
    (0)

Character
    Runeth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    DirectX limitations.
    Read: The bane of my existence. That bites. But if that's the issue how is it that Windower does it? We've dropped all this dead weight. It would be nice to see some kind of improvements since we don't have PS2 users to worry about.

I was really excited when I heard they were dropping console support. It sucks it has to come with a cutback in development and stuff as well. Either way, if I can, I'm going to be playing this until the sun burns out and the Milky Way goes dark and cold. VIVA LA VANA'DIEL!
    (3)

I was being sarcastic. If they can't blame PS2 anymore, they need a new scapegoat.
    (0)

7. 11-20-2015 07:55 AM

Character
    Runeth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 21
    I was being sarcastic. If they can't blame PS2 anymore, they need a new scapegoat.
    It can be hard to catch sarcasm through text, plus I'm not tech savvy when it comes to stuff like DirectX. They are making those phone ports though, so... scapegoat?

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I will always worry about PS2 users! XD
    Admittedly, I started on PS2, so I'm not entirely without a bit of a soft spot, but even I can admit they should have dropped support for that years ago. It was never designed to do what they did with it. The fact that they managed it is a marvel in itself. I remember getting that huge box with the PS2 HDD extension. Lol! I went through hell getting it all to work, but it was so worth it!
    (0)

Player

They don't need a scapegoat anymore, they just say no. The days when they cared what we think are long, long gone.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Not finding my previous post of mentioning Mr.Happy's channel on youtube but here's..

...But here is what he discussed with this youtube video of his for ffxi back in the time of posting of March 2015 and i'm going to say that I think a lot has changed for future of ffxi since his posited RIP FFXI video?

Note: I was just going to edit this video into the previous post of mine too. Oh, by the way found Mr. Happy's "Thank You!!" youtube video too! ;-)
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-30-2015 at 12:33 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    I think they changed their mind halfway after they realized people were NOT going to pay the same sub price for 0 new additions. So now they have to come up with anything to try and keep those people subscribed as they probably realize by now they wont be moving to XIV.
    Yesss... I hope so. I got really tired of FFXIV and the community feels too different even I have never played WoW.

Went to the official FFXIV forum and read the thread of Bunny ears for men and closed it... So disappointed. FFXI will always the best MMO for me as long as people are still playing it.
    (6)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast