Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    In all reality, Mythics needed the change FAR MORE than Ergons did/do. While it would be nice, The only change Mythics had was the 50k alexandrite > 30k alexandrite change in its initial form. It will be change eventually, but to cite "balance", you have to take into consideration Ergons are indeed still new, mythics are 2007 era. Think about which one needed the changes more for "balance."
    Are you positing that we need to wait 5 years for them to decided that Ergon weapons are no longer "new" and that we were all justified in our assessment of how ridiculous the time period is to start the Ergon weapon quest so that they can then implement fixes? How about we just accept the fact that it IS ridiculous and that they should do something about it NOW rather than 5 years from now.

I would like to have an Idris before I die of old age or the servers shut down, whichever happens first. People that are returning to the game after a hiatus are at a severe disadvantage when it comes to starting this quest specifically because it takes 6 months to even truly begin.
    (0)
    Last edited by radarbabyeater; 11-21-2015 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by radarbabyeater View Post
    Are you positing that we need to wait 5 years for them to decided that Ergon weapons are no longer "new" and that we were all justified in our assessment of how ridiculous the time period is to start the Ergon weapon quest so that they can then implement fixes? How about we just accept the fact that it IS ridiculous and that they should do something about it NOW rather than 5 years from now.

I would like to have an Idris before I die of old age or the servers shut down, whichever happens first. People that are returning to the game after a hiatus are at a severe disadvantage when it comes to starting this quest specifically because it takes 6 months to even truly begin.
    Those are your words, not mine. Mythics needed adjustments even when they first came out..and we got nothing. Then we finally got the much needed changes. The issue with Ergons is they came extremely late in XI's life span but are still ultimate weapons. Don't expect the "ridiculousness" to change, especially with Aeonic weapons coming out. It is a time commitment, but it's not going to heavily change this soon while it's still a very worthwhile set to get. Mythics were extremely situational to the point it's nice to have but your Relic and later Empyrean was a better option. Mythics NEEDED the changes in ALL aspects. Ergons people just want them now in comparison.

That's why I said it would be nice if it could be gotten faster, but they're still very much the "mythic" for RUN and GEO and from what we can speculate so far, aeonic weapons may not be that great in comparison but who knows. My point is more than in reality, they don't need the adjustments as badly as mythics did and they're already probably working on something given the new set coming out.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Okay, I feel like we're sort of drifting off-topic.

This is not a compare/contrast thread about the difficulties of obtaining a Mythic circa 2007 versus obtaining a Ergon now. This is not a thread complaining about the complete and utter lack of efficient methods to farm Bayld/H-P Bayld consistently.

This thread is strictly about Ergon weapons. The consensus is that it takes WAY TOO LONG to even begin the quest because of the way the imprimature system is set up at the coalitions. The issue, why it's completely ridiculous, and completely viable solutions are all on the first page.

We all know a 6 month waiting period is just ludicrous at this point in the life of FFXI. There is no single thing in this game that should take 6 months to achieve, let alone start. There is no reason to sit around quietly and hope that the Dev Team reaches the conclusion a year from now that, well, maybe 6 months is completely unreasonable and, well, maybe we were right to be a little perturbed about it.

Additionally, it seems like a tremendous oversight that none of the new RoV "Rhapsody" KI didn't address any issue at all regarding Ergon weapon building when the previous "Rhapsody" KI completely changed how quickly you can build a Relic or Mythic.
    (0)

Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by radarbabyeater View Post
    Additionally, it seems like a tremendous oversight that none of the new RoV "Rhapsody" KI didn't address any issue at all regarding Ergon weapon building when the previous "Rhapsody" KI completely changed how quickly you can build a Relic or Mythic.
    I 100% agree. I figured the final RoV KI would either cut impramature time in half, or make HP bayld cheaper to obtain. Or possibly both. It seemed like a logical direction to go considering all the first RoV did for the obtaining of Relics and Mythics. RUN and GEO are already shafted in terms of obtaining ultimate weapons. They each have one single weapon that are incredibly obnoxious to obtain, whereas other jobs have access to multiple that are easier to obtain, and take less time. Now granted, Idris and Epeo are both amazing weapons, whereas some R/E/M's are quite laughable. Still, this is a problem that needs to be addressed.
    (2)

Character
    Cyleena
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I made a Idris and the wait was long for the imprimatures. I was glad to have started on ranking up my coalitions before I decided to make one but it still took awhile to get it done to Legend on all. I had Legend in like 2 of them when I decided to start on my Idris. I wish you could buy the stones from the npc at Inventor's in bigger quantity like in stacks. Buying them one at a time took awhile.
    (1)

Player
    Gotta agree with OP, feels like all other weapons got easier but GEO/RUN got left behind.

Yes, Ergon weapons may not be "old" as relics or mystics, but when one starts doing the quest itself, it's not like he cares how old many years ago the questline was introduced. Easing how fast you can rank into coalition seems like a decent idea.
    (1)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    My earlier joke aside, as someone with no interest in either of the Ergon jobs I strongly support either the easing of Coalition ranking or the removal of pan-Legend status as an Ergon prerequisite so that I can have more people to sell HP Bayld to.

Idris is way too strong, but the current situation benefits no one.
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Ellysia
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    In all reality, Mythics needed the change FAR MORE than Ergons did/do. While it would be nice, The only change Mythics had was the 50k alexandrite > 30k alexandrite change in its initial form. It will be change eventually, but to cite "balance", you have to take into consideration Ergons are indeed still new, mythics are 2007 era. Think about which one needed the changes more for "balance."

I would say you are correct IF they had not gotten a 119 upgrade.. but they did .. so they are relevant now and Just as "new" as ergons..AND they are getting another update shortly as well.
    As previously stated, every other "End game weapon" has had the requirements lowered...But Geo and Run have NO relic.. NO mythic... NO empy... all they get is ergon and if you want a end game weapon for these jobs you have NO choice but to wait 6 months to finish the FIRST stage!!! not to mention if you buy HP bayld at even the reduced Price of 35k each ish, the price would still be well over what it would take to buy a relic or a mythic. Also the dev team has stated that there will be no more New area's.. So players that want to use the new weapon's on "currently relevant content" wont get a chance.. -.- so we can use it on new unity.... great.. just what you need a geo for /sigh.... Even a 10 day event where you could get them at a greatly reduced time equilivant to assults.. cause thats what it is ... would be great.. and Im sure the Dev team is smart enough to see this and wants to see players enjoying FFXI even after "the end" of the story line.
    SO im beggin the dev's please give us an event for this!
    Thank you!
    (0)

Character
    Ellysia
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Since we just adjusted the amount of Bayld players can obtain, we have no plans to increase the rate at which Imprimaturs are refreshed.
    Since this a timed event and ends on Nov 30th, Can we look forward to a nice christmas present from the Dev's of a similar event that allows some kind of Ki to be used instead of an imprimature? Or something equally delicious That allows us to progress to legend in a reasonably amount of time ?
    (0)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Keya View Post
    Since this a timed event and ends on Nov 30th, Can we look forward to a nice christmas present from the Dev's of a similar event that allows some kind of Ki to be used instead of an imprimature? Or something equally delicious That allows us to progress to legend in a reasonably amount of time ?
    I'll save you some time:

"We have no plans to do that."
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast