Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by radarbabyeater View Post
    Oh, of course. A minor annoyance is the fact that I have 600 Skirmish stones clogging up space in my safe, as well. No, you can't store 600 Skirmish stones with the NPC. Yes, I tried. Another small nuisance is the dozens upon dozens of stacks of H-P Bayld clogging up space in my safe, as well. This whole thing is the antithesis of fun.
    Well I'm sorry to hear that. It probably doesn't make a difference to you now, but I stored the few NQ stones I had on the NPC while hoarding Ghastly Stones +2 to trade in for Obsidian Shards to buy NQ stones. You could also easily get enough shards just from the Green Pells we've been getting.

When I worked on H-P Bayld and Alex there was no way I could function if I didn't have a mule to store them. Incidentally, all the Gobbiebag and Mog Safe expansion items are on sale from in your Mog Garden right now.

Here's hoping SE throws you a bone.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    An idris in every home!
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Definately needs an adjustment... too long to even start this quest ><
    (1)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    An idris in every home!
    I understand that you're kidding, but I fear that the Community Reps or the Dev Team might read that and actually think that's the case. This would, in no way, make Ergon Weapons suddenly as common as grass in the FFXI community; There's still no way to efficiently farm either Bayld or H-P Bayld. Maybe if gaining EXP in SoA areas while under the effect of Ionis gave Bayld... but then we'd be having a different discussion.
    (0)

Since we just adjusted the amount of Bayld players can obtain, we have no plans to increase the rate at which Imprimaturs are refreshed.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Since we just adjusted the amount of Bayld players can obtain, we have no plans to increase the rate at which Imprimaturs are refreshed.
    The issue here isn't about Bayld or H-P Bayld. It's about the RIDICULOUS amount of time it takes to even start this quest. Everyone commenting is pretty much in agreement that it's too long of a wait time. One could feasibly build Relics and Mythics to ilvl119 before you could even begin the quest to start work on a Ergon. For people that have recently returned to the game, 6 months is too long to wait. The solutions are really simple. I'm not understanding why there is nothing being done about it.
    (3)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Since the concern seems to be people obtaining too much Bayld this way, maybe SE should consider adjusting the difficulty of ranking up within a Coalition instead.
    (0)

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Since the concern seems to be people obtaining too much Bayld this way, maybe SE should consider adjusting the difficulty of ranking up within a Coalition instead.
    I think that would be an amicable solution to this.
    (0)

Gremukah,

I'm having trouble understanding this, earlier this year the dev team decided to make the other legendary weapons (Mythic) more accessible by (for one) drastically shortening the recharge time of Assault Tags.
    This shortened the time it takes to get the prerequisite done (Obtaining Captain Rank) from 51 real life days to less than 12 hours. (Give or take a lost Assault mission you may have to redo.)
    We fully understand that because these Ergon weapons, which are basically in the same league as Mythic weapons, are still quite newish and that they should have some harsher prerequisites.
    But as it stands (also counting the quests shortening the current recharge time) it takes about 160 real life days just to even complete the first step. Which by itself is more than three times as long as the time it originally took to complete the Mythic weapon's prerequisite.
    That is a bit unfair, no? Don't get me wrong, it definitely doesn't need to be as easy as the prereq for Mythic weapons has become but close to half a year just to get step 1 done...

I thought you guys over there were so fond of the word "Balance".
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 11-20-2015 at 10:14 PM.

In all reality, Mythics needed the change FAR MORE than Ergons did/do. While it would be nice, The only change Mythics had was the 50k alexandrite > 30k alexandrite change in its initial form. It will be change eventually, but to cite "balance", you have to take into consideration Ergons are indeed still new, mythics are 2007 era. Think about which one needed the changes more for "balance."
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast