Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shaduf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Usually SE are fast to reply, i hope there will be a positive update about BST.
    (0)

Well, we can continue to hope.
    (3)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Even as a non-BST player I can see how absurd these changes are. Here's hoping you guys all get the fix you rightly deserve.
    (6)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Personally I never used BST as a back line job. I used, however, to fight a different mob than what my pet was fighting. In dynamis I'd use my pet to fight summoners away from me so me and the trusts don't get killed by Astral Flow. Or in a thousand other instances, I'd have it take care of aggros I didn't want near me.

I still do that, so don't think this measure changed my playstyle. All what changed is that my pet is reduced to a mere auto-attack machine, and Ready is becoming less and less of a used ability. It's quickly approaching its retirement as much as Charm did.
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Ready will never become useless, it's 95% of your dmg...
    (0)

I also do not see <Ready> being less needed post-nerf; however, it's just far more cumbersome now.

Adjustments need made. For the most part, everyone in the community agree some changes would be nice.

The nerf was made due to high damage output, SE's nerf did not address that and only harmed how the job was played.

A JA that functions like SMN's 'avatar favor' could be put in it's place, where when active your JA ranges would be restored or at least greatly increased from current at a cost of half damage or something similar.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jile; 06-02-2016 at 12:43 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    I also do not see <Ready> being less needed post-nerf; however, it's just far more cumbersome now.

Adjustments need made. For the most part, everyone in the community agree some changes would be nice.

The nerf was made due to high damage output, SE's nerf did not address that and only harmed how the job was played.

A JA that functions like SMN's 'avatar favor' could be put in it's place, where when active your JA ranges would be restored or at least greatly increased from current at a cost of half damage or something similar.
    That seems far more complicated than necessary and would still not solve the bugginess of the current implementation. It is possible for a player to be unable to issue commands while both master and pet are fighting the same target. The glitch is affected by the model sizes of both target and player. The simplest solution would be to change the range limitations of BST abilities so that they are relative to our targets. By this, I mean that when we use Ready, the system checks to make sure that the master is within range of the targeted enemy instead of checking that the master is within range of the pet.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The simplest solution would be to change the range limitations of BST abilities so that they are relative to our targets.
    I agree that in concept that's the most simple solution; however, I believe SE mentioned before they could not do it due to {insert coding is hard reason}.

Any fix that allows us to use our JA's effectively and consistently would be nice. I'm so beyond tired of JA's not working when I'm right beside my pet - the nerf is very buggy and was not even a solution to the problem as it were at the time.

BST at a minimum needs the JA ranges SMN had before the update that increased their range (rather than having SE code it as a variable distance that they said they couldn't do), so we can move past this lack of consistent functionality due to SE's over-reaction to a relatively easy to fix problem.

SE please address this issue. JA's have been broken since the nerf - they do not work consistently - a fix is needed!
    (0)
    Last edited by Jile; 07-08-2016 at 01:51 AM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    I agree that in concept that's the most simple solution; however, I believe SE mentioned before they could not do it due to {insert coding is hard reason}.
    Naw they said they could do it but wouldn't because then what if you couldn't see your target then you couldn't use your moves... ya know for those really common situations when you are really close to your pet and there is something obstructing your view to the mob but not to your pet that is almost as close. About only time I see that really coming up nowadays is if your pet is on a corner and the mob is barely around it for some reason you can't move 2 yalms. It was more of a we don't want to so here is a reason that doesn't really make sense
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    So now that smn can do physical bps significantly stronger than any ready move tell me again how strong physical pet moves are too strong to let master be at range
    (2)

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast