Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Yeah I am mad that we haven't gotten ilevel versions of every pet. Even being able to choose between more than grasshopper or grasshopper would be nice.
    Don't forget bird jesus
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I actually find Patrick to be more useful nearly all the time. Self-SC is a nice thing to have on tap. I do believe that we should have access to at least one ilvl jug pet of each family for correlation purposes tho. Killer Effects can be pretty fun to play around with, but we don't have access to all families iirc.. or it could be that some of the ones we have just suck to badly for my brain to permit retention of knowledge of them. :/
    I am a little confused how you can say we have 1 for each family for correlation but don't have access to all families for killer effects in the next sentence lol. Regardless we do have at least 1 for the 7 main families. There's even a potentially useful one in each. But yeah we missing ilvl version of a lot of the sub families within those categories.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    I am a little confused how you can say we have 1 for each family for correlation but don't have access to all families for killer effects in the next sentence lol. Regardless we do have at least 1 for the 7 main families. There's even a potentially useful one in each. But yeah we missing ilvl version of a lot of the sub families within those categories.
    Maybe I should have emphasised the "do" and the "should".. I DO believe that we SHOULD have access...

XD I was saying that we do not have them, and that it seems wrong that we do not. And that if I was incorrect, it was because I refused to remember about the ones that suck. lol
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    oh totally missed that should lol.

For anyone that's wondering ones from each family that aren't total suck

Beast:
    Tiger - kind of no brainer. Strong 1 charge move with a huge attack bonus and cheap from npc
    raaz - Kind of bonkers with zealous charge and pet haste set. Sweeping gouge very nice def down and high dmg. Also has highest hp

Lizards:
    Eft - Basically a poor mans Bertha lol. Decent AoE move. Does less but only 1 charge also is blunt which might come up
    Lizard - Quick and easy self skillchaining and mbing. Also one of the better AoE magic users
    Raptor - Similar to tiger. High attack bonus strong single charge move but also has a pretty good 3 charge move

Vermin:
    Chapuli - Best aoe physical.
    Fly - Best AoE magical single charge move
    Mosquito - Gloom spray pretty strong but 2 charges. Infected leech also makes the thing damn near impossible to kill outside of one shotting in a variety of situations. Dark sdt also nice sometimes

Plantoid:
    Mandragora - Can basically keep skillchaining until windows too small to still do so
    Snapweed - Decent mdb, 3 different sdts, defensive bonus, and one of 2 pets with 6k+ hp make it fairly sturdy pet. Tickling tendrils also is potentially the most powerful moves if all hits connect

Amorph:
    Slug - def bonus some water sdt and decent magic dmg moves with decently strong debuffs on them... but they are 2-3 charges. Pretty meh though
    Acuex - Huge reduction to blunt dmg fairly meh otherwise
    Literally the only amorphs we have at 119 even though we have had leeches in the past and they were somewhat useful

Bird:
    Tulfaire - huge sdt to slashing which is what most mobs physical is though somewhat tempered by a huge weakness to piercing. Also sdt to fire and wind. Moltling plumage fairly decent debuff and skillchain properties. Penta very strong but 3 charges makes it meh outside of unleash
    That's about it... yeah we get colibri and apkallu but lol.

aquan:
    Crab - High def and bubble curtain allowing it to cap mdt makes it one of the most durable against magic.
    Pugil - Like the tiger of aquans. Strong 1 charge move (but this one AoEs), cheap npc jug, high attack bonus. Other notes is it's ridiculously insane against water. Like 75% sdt and ridiculously resistant on top of that to the point where my 119 characters had hard time landing much on a lvl 99 one lol.
    Frog - ...... ...... Most ironically named pet? Has a 50% sdt to light and water and innate mdt... but also has attack and def penalty, one of the lowest hps or for that matter every stat think actually negative mdb. No moves. Basically a joke mascot.

Now some other pets have stats I mentioned as pluses for others but weren't listed because overall was meh and another pet would have that bonus. Like Funguar has some nice sdts but has basically no other redeeming qualities and those are also shared by other jugs.

Off the top of my head jugs we've previously had but don't have ilvl versions currently that have potential. These would be pretty easy to implement since already got all the assets for them can just make a new jug with high lvl caps and new name and everything else the same

Sabotender - Since the update the needles actually has potential though would probably have to boost it some more to be strong again compared to other moves outside of weird super low attack settings
    Leech - Already mentioned but pretty sure old one had some physical and water sdts. Acid mist was pretty strong and tp drain kiss could have potential in a fashion similar to mewling lullaby
    Hippogryph - a th pet that doesn't completely fold to everything. Strong thf dd pet with good moves. Fantod back heel is a pretty cool combo
    Lynx - Decent thunder move from what I recall paralyze move was really strong
    Adamantoise - I mean it's a genbu. Pretty tanky and the def down move was pretty good. Like 25% and lasted at least 2 hours when I tested it

Then there's the subspecies that we haven't gotten in jugs but exist and we've gotten in say monstrosity that would probably be easy to implement. Just reskin add a move or 2 and go. Wont list them all random ones I'd be interested in is the snow rabbit for wild ginseng. Possibly some toads that can actually cast to make up for the total lack of moves and ridiculously low stats. Plus was always fun charming hecteyes back in the day. Gold ladybug Searing Effulgence.
    (5)

Player
    That's a pretty good list, and I did indeed forget about most of them, but you forgot to include my buddy the curebunny for beasts :O
    PonderingPeter is my personal fav to use when not worried about dps due to having a 1.2k+ no-agro curaga on tap as a 2 charge ready (which works while silenced, and also heals himself, but not other party members' pets unfortunately.) Is capable of performing self-sc (Impaction iirc) but his attack/defense sucks. You also get the side benefit of getting to make all sorts of corny jokes about playing with him.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I'm kind of on the fence with him... partly because of said jokes lol.
    (0)

I use peter a lot to be honest, mostly cause rabbit jugs were always my favourite and I only solo with bst so I can do whatever I want lol
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    As we’ve mentioned before, the development team has no plans to change the range at which beastmasters can use commands. As Matsui previously stated, we want beastmasters to be close range battle jobs and bear the risk of taking damage in the front line. This change was made, because players were using beastmaster to attack from the back line, and this was against what the development team had intended for beastmaster.
    Great!
    I am glad the dev team team feels this way, makes the game a lot more enjoyable for me.

Keep up the amazing work!
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Not sure if satire or trolling....

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I use peter a lot to be honest, mostly cause rabbit jugs were always my favourite and I only solo with bst so I can do whatever I want lol
    I was actually thinking about that when I wrote the list... but wasn't really sure how good it would be since I almost also got a mule or 2 with me. But yeah sounds like a good beast option
    (1)
    Last edited by Urmom; 11-26-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Player
    The only downside is that the NQ ilvl rabbit jug caps out at 118... So, you kinda have to use the HQ.

This is actually a problem with other jugs as well, like Patrick. It is rather irritating that I feel hard-locked into my merit "choices" due to the silly way that jug pet levels work. Can we at least get an adjustment so that all the jugs on Theraisie are simply always 119? Extending that to all lv99 jugs would be best since there are no indicators on the jug items about pet level range, but that would be a good start. It's absurd that we are forced into 5/5 Beast Affinity AND reforged relic hands in order to have pets that match our level. None of the other pet jobs have to jump thru all of the hoops that BST does simply to reach their baseline effectiveness.
    (4)

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast